Page 27 of 155 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Dolphins’ Ryan Fitzpatrick: It’s time to talk about the ‘elephant in the room’

The Miami Dolphins enter their Week 3 game against the Dallas Cowboys as three-touchdown underdogs. They have been outscored 102-10 in their first two games.

In talking about this, veteran quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick joins his teammates as the adults in the room.

“There’s the elephant in the room,” Fitzpatrick said, via Joe Schad of The Palm Beach Post. “There are certain things, whether it’s the Minkah (Fitzpatrick) trade or Laremy (Tunsil) or Kenny (Stills) or dropping the ball or throwing an interception that some people treat them as taboo, but it’s really — you just have to be open about it and put everything out there.”
    This is a perfect take from the Harvard grad. Ignoring a rotten problem is not going to make it go away.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its been explained before that the WRs Kaepernick had in 2016 are no longer in NFL. Both are gone and one in his mid 20s . The 2 WRs career average a reception is 12 yards. The 49ers had Torrey Smith but he barely was on field.

Blaine Gabbert was a lot worse as the starter a few weeks lol.
    So what. His receivers had nothing to do with bad pocket presence, and making bad decisions. Or bad touch on short passes/bad accuracy. Receivers don't make or break your quarterback. Sooner or later, at least in this era, the cream is going to rise to the top in some capacity. There are many examples of this. On the flip side, look at Mahomes who is essentially throwing receivers open with his incredible accuracy.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-19-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It pains me to say this, but it's certainly good to be New England. The Pats began the 2019 campaign by bitchslapping Pittsburgh into submission; last week, they mercilessly sliced the tanking Dolphins into sushi; and this week, they face a Jets team starting their third quarterback in as many weeks. Who did Robert Kraft sacrifice to Satan for all this early season good fortune?
    They also have the easiest schedule in the league. They'll probably lose 2 games.

That’s the issue. There’s an obvious split between players who are asked to risk their health on the field and a brass sitting in luxury suites and the owner’s box.

A perfect illustration of the Trump loving owner Steve Ross. The players are just more employees to take advantage of.

And why do they keep talking about the Dolphins in South Beach, they are miles north near the Broward border. Nowhere near South Beach. I can see the Heat and South Beach, but the old Orange Bowl isn't even near South Beach.

Last edited by Kirby101; 09-19-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

This entire strategy is a fools errand. For S's and G's, let's just say that Tua or whomever the Dolphins are smashing the reset button on to get is the next Tom Brady. There's already a Tom Brady in division so the chances that the new Tom Brady is as good or better- WITHOUT A BILL BELICHICK mind you are astronomical and that's outside of the fact that you've trained the league and your staff to think like a loser. You are debilitating an entire franchise for a handful of lotto picks from the Quickie Mart. When you don't have **** else THAT's not the time to go spend the last 10 to your name on scratch-offs. Also this needs to be a divisional based strategy too, Miami deep-sixing your entire franchise in the hopes that you'll crawl back from the grave of piss your in now only to get stomped out by Kraft is beyond dumb. Maybe the idea is that Buffalo and the J.E.S.T. will continue to be Buffalo and the J.E.S.T. and WHEN YOU DO RISE, Miami, the dust will have cleared from the snap and you'll emerge a winner. That is A LOT of assumption on behalf of the perceived behaviors you currently have of every team in your division.

When the Houston Texans had the number 1 pick they took Mario Williams in a year when I believe Reggie Bush was in that draft and people were trippin balls on that. Well ****, that was one of the BEST decisions that dingus of franchise ever made because at the time 18 was in the division and you could draft 2 Reggie Bush's and you still were not going to out-shoot Manning in any game so getting a transformational defensive rusher was the best thing to do. What the **** is the Dolphins game plan for how they are going to run this team IF they get what they want? A defensive team and offensive team, I don't even think they know and what's worse is they have been a generational loser at this point, they've picked high in plenty drafts and were has it gotten them? The Browns are in conference and that's not so far as to look at what not to do with a top 3 pick every season for 20 years.

Lastly, what level of success is worth this effort? A .500 record for the next 5 years? A single AFC East Divisional win? Cause you're not going to win multiple AFC Championship appearances with this strategy, it takes too many years to go from quitter to top of the food chain on an organizational level. Too many teams out there for that. Surely NONE of the people or players willing to mark demerits on their own resumes for this process will be there IF it gets good and that's a fact- so you would be fine with starting over philosophically AND talent wise... or just maybe you'd be the Dolphins, there is no place to go. Lighting a match to it all makes the most sense. I guess they'd not be the first fanbase to have a fucked up deal, they're just the latest? Washington says hold my beer I guess.
    Last edited by Surf; 09-19-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

You said it Surf!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The rain is the best part of this, way too many flags and too many 3 & outs, Tacks/Jags is a Man's game. As in Man, what else is on.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The rain is the best part of this, way too many flags and too many 3 & outs, Tacks/Jags is a Man's game. As in Man, what else is on.
    Brady bitched on Twitter that he turned away from the game because of all the penalties.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Tebow was asked that maybe he fit an h-back/TE role but he refused to do it.
    Am I imagining things, or did Tebow actually say something like "God wants me to be a first string quarterback".

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Am I imagining things, or did Tebow actually say something like "God wants me to be a first string quarterback".
    Even while he’s toiling fruitlessly in the New York Mets minor league system and didn’t even warrant being a September callup?

Dolphins named Josh Rosen the starter for this week's game against the Cowboys, and claimed Taco Charlton off waivers, whom the Cowboys cut earlier this week. Saves the Cowboys Charlton's guaranteed money and it's hit against the cap, and gives the Fins another young reclamation project. I wonder if the Fins hope to mine Charlton for info on the Dallas D, but the knock on him was always he never fully grasped Marinelli's system of style of play enough to earn a spot in the D-line rotation this season. He was a 1st rounder but got beat out by a couple of late rounders in training camp, and even fell behind guys signed off the street on the depth chart during his time with the Cowboys, so he should fit right in as part of the Dolphins rebuild.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Miami is attempting to do what Cleveland did a couple seasons ago . The Browns went into the 2018/2019 drafts loaded with draft picks (15 draft picks , and some they used to get OBJ).

The Browns went 1-31 in 2 seasons before this as they had approached rebuilding with a new GM after the previous one did a fire sale. The Dolphins are clearly thinking here , we can try to amass a number of top picks and at least try and hit on some of them. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. Its the same deal with Cleveland who are at 1-1 thus far and really have to prove that their massive rebuilding can work.

What helps Cleveland in a way is John Dorsey is there at GM. He helped with Reid rebuild the Chiefs towards the playoffs and drafted a number of top talented players before he was pushed out in 2017. Dorsey has hit on a few of his draft picks already. 5 of his draft from 2018 are starters and one made the Pro Bowl. The biggest question mark was Baker Mayfield and if he plays like he did in 2018 they have their QB they have longed searched for.

Miami could logically with starting Rosen now , see if he's worth it. See if they should stick with him and get him pieces to add to the roster around him offensively. If he's not the next 14 games then they can move on and draft that franchise QB and rebuild the team. But its a risky deal , their GM has to do what Dorsey has and hit on draft picks.

I fully expect more teams to adopt the Browns idea if it works for them and Miami. If both teams in 2-3 seasons rebound with great players added I expect teams like Carolina who are middle of the road teams to approach unloading superstars for draft picks. If it fails then I see teams being wary to do this full all ships ahead fire sale rebuilds.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I am going to the Raiders-Vikings. GO VIKES!

RaiderVikings.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I am going to the Raiders-Vikings. GO VIKES!

RaiderVikings.jpg
    Cool! Where are you sitting?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

3rd level. Vikings sideline between the 10 and 20 yards lines, near west end zone.