Page 56 of 155 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In comical news . a week after saying that they would give Josh Rosen the rest of the season to see what they had in him , the Dolphins announced Ryan Fitzpatrick would start the next game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In comical news . a week after saying that they would give Josh Rosen the rest of the season to see what they had in him , the Dolphins announced Ryan Fitzpatrick would start the next game.
    The Dolphins are just a joke. I mean they lost to the Redskins who were recently deemed the worst run franchise in the NFL.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Last Thursday, Eagles’ LB Zach Brown, a member of the Vikings last year, talked smack, saying Kirk Cousins was the weak link in Minnesota’s offense. Yesterday, Cousins lit up the Birds’ weak sauce secondary like a Christmas tree to the tune of 333 yards and four touchdowns in a 38-20 beatdown. Today, Brown was cut, despite the Birds being thin at linebacker. Coincidence?
    I'm still stuck on this one. Yeeaa, he wrote a check the COLLECTIVE asses of the Eagles couldn't cash. Damn, yall need all the help you can get. They did get embarrassed but I mean critiques about Kirk will always be there and a couple of FINALLY games from him don't mean he's now Fran fuckin' Tarkington out here. I guess...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Dolphins are just a joke. I mean they lost to the Redskins who were recently deemed the worst run franchise in the NFL.
    Trust the process! As a long suffering Dolphins fan I'm 100% in on the tank. I'm sick to death of seasons where we finished somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7. Even if we hadn't traded away our best players we still would have been at best a 4-12 team this season so why not tank while shedding all our bad contracts and pick up a hopeful franchise QB in the next draft. I personally am hoping for Joe Burrow over Tua. Rosen isn't really getting a fair shake because of how crappy the team around him which is why I think its also best to start Fitzpatrick. Keep letting Rosen get killed behind that line and he's going to start hearing footsteps every dropback and develop bad habits much like what happened to David Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Trust the process! As a long suffering Dolphins fan I'm 100% in on the tank. I'm sick to death of seasons where we finished somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7. Even if we hadn't traded away our best players we still would have been at best a 4-12 team this season so why not tank while shedding all our bad contracts and pick up a hopeful franchise QB in the next draft. I personally am hoping for Joe Burrow over Tua. Rosen isn't really getting a fair shake because of how crappy the team around him which is why I think its also best to start Fitzpatrick. Keep letting Rosen get killed behind that line and he's going to start hearing footsteps every dropback and develop bad habits much like what happened to David Carr.
    I'm gonna laugh if the Dolphins get punished for tanking because that is a 3 first round pick offense in the NFL, they just never have used it yet. Somebody theorized on SI he's saving it for when New England finally falls off a cliff.

Be just like Roger to invoke an obscure rule for no reason.

It's also a **** year for QBs.

If they are "tanking," it is not going to result in a championship. The Colts have gone to the playoffs four times with Luck but have not reached the Super Bowl. That didn't really work out well for them. It is difficult for one player to turn around a team in the NFL. It's also difficult to predict who is an impact player a year before they will be in the draft. Luck was one of the best quarterback prospects in the past 35 years. Even he has not been able to overcome a lack of good players around him. And now he is done.

If a team can't surround that player with top talent, they're just going to have another Luck, Vick, Johnny Football, etc.

We shall see.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-16-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Dolphins like the Jets seem intent on running their organization so wrong the last 20 years. Its crazy to think how far things have went. Josh Rosen sadly has never had a fair shake with both teams. Its sad because we will never know what type of QB he is given how he was rushed into starting with Arizona. Then he gets traded to Miami who basically decide to approach things with a Cleveland Browns type move and assemble draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if the Dolphins get punished for tanking because that is a 3 first round pick offense in the NFL, they just never have used it yet. Somebody theorized on SI he's saving it for when New England finally falls off a cliff.

Be just like Roger to invoke an obscure rule for no reason.

It's also a **** year for QBs.

If they are "tanking," it is not going to result in a championship. The Colts have gone to the playoffs four times with Luck but have not reached the Super Bowl. That didn't really work out well for them. It is difficult for one player to turn around a team in the NFL. It's also difficult to predict who is an impact player a year before they will be in the draft. Luck was one of the best quarterback prospects in the past 35 years. Even he has not been able to overcome a lack of good players around him. And now he is done.

If a team can't surround that player with top talent, they're just going to have another Luck, Vick, Johnny Football, etc.

We shall see.
    I posted pages ago it would have been best if Rosen worked out , even if he lost games. If he played solid enough the Dolphins could cross the QB position off the list at draft time and get impact players best they can. Instead their approaching this needing a QB and its gonna be a push by them to get one. All because the coach wouldn't start the young guy they traded for to see if he was good enough.

Also Michael Vick and Johnny Manzell didn't fail because of talent around them. Vick himself admitted years later he refused to really study the playbook. He felt his athletic gifts would carry him with everything and he ignored coaches who tried to do this. Its why Boomer Esasian years ago called him a coach killer because he refused to do this.

Manzell was addicted to partying and didn't give a **** for anything. Its hard to say he was a solid player when your letting your life style dictate your life and football. Yes the Browns weren't good but its not like Manzell started enough with his issues to determine if they were the cause of his failing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In NFL News .....

- Alex Smith detailed he has had 17 surgeries since 2018 to repair his broken leg. Originally it was supposed to be 7 surgeries. But according to him he has had additional ones for complications.

- Brock Osweiler has retired after 7 seasons. He wasn't on a team currently and decided to retire finally. Osweiler according to a report has over $41+ million in earnings !

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

In NFL News .....

- Alex Smith detailed he has had 17 surgeries since 2018 to repair his broken leg. Originally it was supposed to be 7 surgeries. But according to him he has had additional ones for complications.

- Brock Osweiler has retired after 7 seasons. He wasn't on a team currently and decided to retire finally. Osweiler according to a report has over $41+ million in earnings !
    Has Smith decided to retire? I mean, it's unlikely as hell that he'll ever play again. As for Osweiler who did call it quits, I doubt he'll end up in a bread line anytime soon.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Has Smith decided to retire? I mean, it's unlikely as hell that he'll ever play again. As for Osweiler who did call it quits, I doubt he'll end up in a bread line anytime soon.
    Smith has said he plans to attempt a comeback. But the added surgeries and all have had to set him back. I doubt we see him in 2020 at this point given that number of surgeries thus far.

Its really sad since Smith from 2011 to 2018 was a vastly different QB. That he was the definition of a late blooming QB.

Smith has said he plans to attempt a comeback. But the added surgeries and all have had to set him back. I doubt we see him in 2020 at this point given that number of surgeries thus far.

Its really sad since Smith from 2011 to 2018 was a vastly different QB. That he was the definition of a late blooming QB.
    It takes two to tango. Smith can have all the plans he wants, but if no team wants to give him a chance, then it's all for naught. Between the injury and his age (he'll be 36 next year), I just don't know if anyone will take a flier on him.

Meanwhile....

NFL's Roger Goodell downplays idea of draft lottery to discourage tanking

12 days left before the trade deadline... rumors are out there that the Patriots may be looking to patch their ailing offensive line by giving up picks for Washington LT Trent Williams.

This, of course, is dependent on if Dan Snyder stops operating his team based on spite, and acquiesces to a trade from the holdout. He might be a stubborn enough son of a bitch to not trade him, no matter what New England is willing to give up in draft capital.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

NFL News...

- The Dolphins are likely to trade Kenyon Drake next as contract talks broke down. The RB has always been under-used in Miami and earlier this year Miami planned to hold onto him moving forward. But after talks were far from a new deal they are likely looking for a good trade deal to move him with.

- After the Jalen Ramsey trade the next big CB on the list could possibly be Patrick Peterson. The Arizona CB is returning after a 6 game suspension and claims he's not worried about trade rumors and will make the next 10 games his best. Peterson is signed through 2020 and if kept will be in the same position next fall if the Cardinals keep him.

- Drew Brees is throwing regular sized NFL footballs now as he works in rehab to strengthen his thumb back after its surgery. Brees is intent on beating his timeline back to start this season.

- After the Jalen Ramsey trade the next big CB on the list could possibly be Patrick Peterson. The Arizona CB is returning after a 6 game suspension and claims he's not worried about trade rumors and will make the next 10 games his best. Peterson is signed through 2020 and if kept will be in the same position next fall if the Cardinals keep him.
    Teams have called Arizona, but they have no plans to trade Patrick Peterson. Someone would have to give up MORE than what the Rams gave Jacksonville for them to even consider it. All I hear is that the front office want Peterson to stay, and to someday retire as a Cardinal.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

So what's stupider: Fangio going for 2 on the opening drive TD, and trying an awful fake punt in their end of the field. Or, Reid calling a QB sneak for his already injured QB and gets him injured more?

Mahomes is walking and that's good, but it really looked like they were popping his knee in place or something on the field. Hard to imagine that being really positive.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The talk on most of the sports shows on TV today was about whether or not Patrick Mahomes should play tonight against Denver with his gimpy ankle. Sure enough, Mahomes plays, and it looked like he hurt a knee on a sneak play near the Broncos’ end zone and had to be helped off the field.