Page 50 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Expecting a Rex Burkhead sighting, then.
    And Michel and White.

They've been running a lot of RB packages this year and no TEs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

After going 8-7 in Week 5, here are my Week 6 predictions. Road teams all listed first.

Giants 20, Patriots 23 - No magic without Eli
    Panthers 15, Buccaneers 29 - Bucs good for a home win
    Redskins 21, Fins 30 - Fins accidentally win
    Eagles 24, Vikings 20 - Eagles to eek one out
    Texans 33, Chiefs 28 - Missed it by that much, big red
    Saints 12, Jaguars 6 - Why is this a defensive struggle?
    Seahawks 21, Browns 15 - Green beats brown
    Bengals 50, Ravens 9 - How did this happen? Maybe I'm drunk
    49ers 17, Rams 14 - The legend of Garappolo
    Falcons 18, Cardinals 27 - Thats all I have to say about that
    Cowboys 27, Jets 33 - Everyone in New York destroys the city
    Titans 17, Broncos 20 - Denver gets a win somehow
    Steelers 35, Chargers 33 - What?!
    Lions 33, Packers 30 - What!?!?!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And Michel and White.

They've been running a lot of RB packages this year and no TEs.
    That shifted last game - they started running TE packages. The emergence of the guys they have on the roster is one of the 2 major reasons why they released Watson rather than activating him - the other being his paycheck with the money promised to Antonio Brown being tied up. It seems that by jumping the gun and releasing him as quickly as they did the Pats may have forced themselves to pay his contract.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Falcons 18, Cardinals 27 - Thats all I have to say about that
    It's going to be more of a shootout than that. I don't know who wins, but...

The Falcons can't play defense, and Arizona's new offense with Kyler Murray at the helm has started to get some success by running 2 RB sets where David Johnson moves out to the slot as a receiver. He's completed 20 passes in his first 5 games, and has already thrown for 300 yards twice, and last week rushed for almost 100. Fitzgerald continues to look like he's got a link to the Fountain of Youth, as well, and Christian Kirk should be back from being injured last week.

Meanwhile, the Falcons are still running out Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and Calvin Ridley. Jones, in particular, has always torched Arizona when they play... and that's when he's covered by Patrick Peterson. Peterson's not due back until NEXT week, and Arizona's starting corners will be rookie Byron Murphy, and Traimaine Brock (who's admitted he should be a slot corner at this stage of his career). Their #3 corner is Trevor Williams, who they just signed off waivers YESTERDAY. Arizona, to their credit, can at least rush the QB, with Chandler Jones and Terrell Suggs... but they need better coverage to give them time to get there.

Again, I'm not gonna pick a winner, but I think this one's gonna be a shootout in the 30 or 40 point range, given the weapons and the suspect defenses.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also speaking of Washington ....how bad has the Redskins been under Daniel Snyder as owner ? Well its a close Jets comparison.

- A 139-185-1 record overall.

- 2-5 playoff record in that span.

- A winning record in only 6 seasons out of 20 ; only 3 , 10 win seasons in that span.

- 0 First Team All-Pros.

- 8 different coaches and the longest tenure was Jay Gruden in that span.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Also speaking of Washington ....how bad has the Redskins been under Daniel Snyder as owner ? Well its a close Jets comparison.

- A 139-185-1 record overall.

- 2-5 playoff record in that span.

- A winning record in only 6 seasons out of 20 ; only 3 , 10 win seasons in that span.

- 0 First Team All-Pros.

- 8 different coaches and the longest tenure was Jay Gruden in that span.
    GM decisions like:

-Making Albert Haynesworth a $100 million player.
    - Trading for a washed up Donovan McNabb.
    - Franchise-tagging Kurt Cousins for 3 straight seasons.
    - Giving Bruce Smith a 5 year, $23 million dollar deal in 2000, at the end of his career.
    - Giving Antawan Randel-El a 7 year $31 million dollar deal in 2006.
    - Giving Mark Brunell a 7 year $43 million deal in 2004.
    -Giving Lavernaues Coles a 5 year $35 million deal in 2003 (he only played for Washington for two of those years before being traded back to the Jets)
    - Signing Jeff George to a 4 year $18 million deal in 2000 (George played 8 games for Washington of this deal before retiring)
    - Spending $56 million on a 7 year contract for Deion Sanders in 2000 (he played one season there)
    - Signing Adam Archuleta to a 6 year, $30 million dollar deal in 2005. (He played one season there, and was out of football only two years later.)
    - Spending $36 million on a seven year deal for LB Jeremiah Trotter in 2002. (He played two "meh" seasons there.)
    - In 2006, spending $31 million on a six year deal for Brandon Lloyd (They released him midway through the 2007 season.)

This doesn't even get into how bad their training staff is right now, the GM or coaching hires/fires, or just how bad they mismanaged a young RGIII.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    GM decisions like:

-Making Albert Haynesworth a $100 million player.
    - Trading for a washed up Donovan McNabb.
    - Franchise-tagging Kurt Cousins for 3 straight seasons.
    - Giving Bruce Smith a 5 year, $23 million dollar deal in 2000, at the end of his career.
    - Giving Antawan Randel-El a 7 year $31 million dollar deal in 2006.
    - Giving Mark Brunell a 7 year $43 million deal in 2004.
    -Giving Lavernaues Coles a 5 year $35 million deal in 2003 (he only played for Washington for two of those years before being traded back to the Jets)
    - Signing Jeff George to a 4 year $18 million deal in 2000 (George played 8 games for Washington of this deal before retiring)
    - Spending $56 million on a 7 year contract for Deion Sanders in 2000 (he played one season there)
    - Signing Adam Archuleta to a 6 year, $30 million dollar deal in 2005. (He played one season there, and was out of football only two years later.)
    - Spending $36 million on a seven year deal for LB Jeremiah Trotter in 2002. (He played two "meh" seasons there.)
    - In 2006, spending $31 million on a six year deal for Brandon Lloyd (They released him midway through the 2007 season.)

This doesn't even get into how bad their training staff is right now, the GM or coaching hires/fires, or just how bad they mismanaged a young RGIII.
    Of the deals made (which there is a lot of terrible deals there) Mark Brunell worked out for a season (2005) before injuries and team play ruined this. What is stunning is how quick the Redskins gave up on QB's in this span. Patrick Ramsey was drafted by Spurrier to run his insane Gator offense where he took a ton of punishment as a brief starter. In fact Ramsey only started 1 season of 11 games (getting sacked 30 times) before injuries and got 7 games next season. After that he was gone and traded away. After only starting 24 games in 4 seasons.

Next up was Jason Campbell who was drafted in 2005 and sit a season to learn behind Mark Brunell. Who had came off a great season in 2005 so the drafting concept is one that is a fucking head scratcher. Why draft this kid if you had Ramsey ? Also why if you just signed Mark Brunell to a long term deal ? Anyhow Campbell didn't get along with Jim Zorn there from 2007-2009 when he started 45 games in that stretch. He also had went 18-27 as a starter those 3 seasons.

Now here is how insane silly this was. Campbell was younger than McNabb and likely could have learned Mike Shanahan's system. Instead Shanahan decided to trade for Donovan McNabb and have Campbell traded off. Because of the Zorn situation. Even now I have to question on why they did this ?

But in span of 2002-2010 the Redskins gave up on 3 QB's in quick order ... Patrick Ramsey , Mark Brunell (who had a great season or two) , and then Jason Campbell. Coles being traded for Santana Moss was perhaps the best stroke of luck deal the team will have ever made. They traded away Coles and his big deal back to the Jets for Santana Moss who became a star in Washington and really their last best WR they had.

Moss would break 10,000+ career receiving yards and play the next decade in Washington before age and time slowed him down those last 2 seasons.

Of all the moves Vinny Cerreto did as GM of Redskins , the Moss trade was his best one. The rest as listed is a bunch of horrible shit and Bruce Allen hasn't been better.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Its amazing to see Julian Edelman who its said never gets ranked as a top #100 player and this year he's 90th. He doesn't care about lack of respect and just plays as he says. He'll keep making big plays in games etc.

Gronk even said Edelman is Brady's go to WR and has been for years. That he has a chemistry with Brady on making tough catches in big situations.

Brady at 42 just passed for 2nd all-time on passing yards list , moving past Peyton Manning on the list. 71,949 passing yards in his career.

Its likely not to matter again tonight, but man Brady looks terrible again. I mean, not as bad as Jones but, different standards and all that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Dan Jones is struggling. Eli needs to be warming up in the bullpen cause Bradys not moving this ball right now.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Let's go Giants. Old man Brady fumbles, tie game.
    You bet yer ass.

Damn, just like that a tie game. And Josh Gordon hurt on the fumble return.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Dan Jones is struggling. Eli needs to be warming up in the bullpen cause Bradys not moving this ball right now.
    Jones threw a bomb to Golden Tate III to cut the lead in half. Then Brady loses the ball on a sack and the Giants return it to tie the score at 14. Looks like we have ourselves a ball game.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Outside of that zone where, no shit, Edelman is eating them up, Giants defense is playing very solid.
    Jones has been iffy at best. Shit. 1st and goal Pats.
    You bet yer ass.