Page 88 of 155 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News

- The Browns before tonights game announced they had released Antonio Callaway (WR) a 2nd year WR today. Callaway was a 5th rd pick in 2018 by John Dorsey and a reach ala Tyreek Hill was in 2017 due to off field behavior. Callaway however after a decent rookie season crashed to Earth as he served a 4 game suspension from NFL to start the season and was benched last game by Kitchens for an issue. Also Callaway is appealing a 10 game suspension as well which likely factored in here.

- The NFL announced that the number of teams attending Kaepernick's tryout has now went to 11. The NFL has said that Joe Philbin and Hue Jackson will help with tryout and they plan to send the tape to all teams to watch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ernick-workout

Also the NFL has said more teams likely could announce attending the tryout as well to see what Kaepernick can do.
    This workout is starting to feel eerily like a court proceeding.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This workout is starting to feel eerily like a court proceeding.
    I think the NFL is sending a big message that teams best honestly look at Kaepernick and give him a serious tryout and chance. Because the league is coming under fire as the Redskins last season signed a guy who hadn't started a game since 2011. Things like that were making them look like ****. Also Washington is one of the teams attending.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

What an ugly, ugly end to that Browns-Steelers game tonight. Garrett should get a multiple game suspension for tearing the helmet off of Rudolph and then hitting him with it. Pouncey should also get a suspension for punching and kicking another player. Neither should be playing when the teams have a rematch in 2 weeks, and the refs will need to take control of that game from the opening kickoff or it will be a hot mess.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I imagine with the knowledge that they're playing again soon, that the suspensions will through that game at least. I believe Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season. By my eyes, Rudolph did "start" it, but the way Garrett decided to finish it was absolutely inexcusable. I'm actually a pretty big fan of Garrett, but this will definitely follow him through his career.

Its been nearly 25 years but back in 1995 , Steve Bono unleashed an EPIC 76 yard run . The video by SB Nation examined the run and what was there for everyone to see. This run was so insane , Bono is considered one of the slowest QB's in NFL history to do this.

Basically as SB nation detailed , the Chiefs were on a 3rd and 1 against the Cardinals. Hall of Famer Marcus Allen was considered the sure bet to get the ball as he is considered the best short yardage runner in NFL history . So everyone is thinking Marcus is getting this ball . Tony Richardson is really starting a great career as lead FB and has only 1 carry that season so he isn't considered an option. Kimble Anders is the other RB and is going in motion.

KC is all showing run with an old fashioned 3 RB formation. Then we see an epic fake as the entire Cardinals team buys in so big it leaves Bono to comically run 76 yards to a TD.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Is that a fan graphic or did that actually get used in a broadcast?
    It was used on MNF earlier this year when the Jets were on, but the original graphic read,

OUT INDEFINITELY
    MONONUCLEOSIS
    Someone at Deadspin made a gif generator for "Darnold injury updates" before the site went dark a few weeks ago.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its been nearly 25 years but back in 1995 , Steve Bono unleashed an EPIC 76 yard run . The video by SB Nation examined the run and what was there for everyone to see. This run was so insane , Bono is considered one of the slowest QB's in NFL history to do this.

Basically as SB nation detailed , the Chiefs were on a 3rd and 1 against the Cardinals. Hall of Famer Marcus Allen was considered the sure bet to get the ball as he is considered the best short yardage runner in NFL history . So everyone is thinking Marcus is getting this ball . Tony Richardson is really starting a great career as lead FB and has only 1 carry that season so he isn't considered an option. Kimble Anders is the other RB and is going in motion.

KC is all showing run with an old fashioned 3 RB formation. Then we see an epic fake as the entire Cardinals team buys in so big it leaves Bono to comically run 76 yards to a TD.
    Arizona was really, really bad in the mid 90s (Well, for all the 90s, really). This was the Buddy Ryan era, when he fleeced the franchise to pay free agent money to all his washed up Eagles players, put both his kids on staff to collect paychecks and get their first gigs in the league, and got then fired for going 4-12 after being 8-8 in the '94 season. People showed up on Sundays to sit in the heat and Sun Devil Stadium and usually root for the visitors.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    What an ugly, ugly end to that Browns-Steelers game tonight. Garrett should get a multiple game suspension for tearing the helmet off of Rudolph and then hitting him with it. Pouncey should also get a suspension for punching and kicking another player. Neither should be playing when the teams have a rematch in 2 weeks, and the refs will need to take control of that game from the opening kickoff or it will be a hot mess.

-M
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I imagine with the knowledge that they're playing again soon, that the suspensions will through that game at least. I believe Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season. By my eyes, Rudolph did "start" it, but the way Garrett decided to finish it was absolutely inexcusable. I'm actually a pretty big fan of Garrett, but this will definitely follow him through his career.
    I went to bed at halftime, so I didn't know about that brawl until I watched highlights this morning. In a word----WHOA! If Garrett did what he did to Rudolph outside the stadium, he would've been arrested. As it is, he should be suspended for at least the rest of the season, I mean, we're talking assault and battery here and his ass needs to be sat down.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If you take Garrett out of the Browns defense...

I don't see them recovering from 4-6 to get into the playoffs.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

By the by, last night wasn’t Garrett’s first bad boy rodeo. Just this season, he bitchslapped a Titans player and ended Trevor Seimen’s season with a late piledrive on a sack.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Say wha? So, now I gotta go back to a game I wasn't even that into from the jump but did sit through almost half of, just to see a skirmish... This better be good.

Waaaooowww lol... They gone suspend Garrett's kids for 4 games over that ****. He's done for the year.
    Last edited by Surf; 11-15-2019 at 08:10 AM. Reason: I see now.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Eagles RB Darren Sproles has a torn hip flexor and is done for the season, and possibly his career. At 36, he came back for 1 more season due to a bet with his daughter and to finish his career at #5 overall in total yards, which he accomplished in the game he got injured, so there is some doubt if he will come back for another season.

On the Browns/Steelers fracas, Mason Rudolph's agent has said they are exploring all legal options (including criminal and/or civil suits) against Garrett but haven't decided on a specific course of action yet.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely, Maurkice Pouncey and Larry Ogunjobi also suspended.

HOLY! They are considering a permaban for Garret and both teams were fined.

They are also considering taking 2021 picks away from both teams.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-15-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely, Maurkice Pouncey and Larry Ogunjobi also suspended.

It will be interesting to see if they do take the 2021 draft picks from both teams. A reason they can't do 2020 draft picks as possible punishment is the Steelers already traded away their 1st rd pick for this draft to the Miami Dolphins weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Goddamn. NFLPA will likely argue for like "rest of the season" or "16 games" on his behalf, because they have to do something on a player's behalf...

But I'm relieved he won't be getting any shots at Kyler Murray in December, given what he did last night, to be sure.