Page 65 of 155 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Jets are upset the NFL Films rep onsite at the game cleared the use of a clip where Sam Darnold came off the field after a turnover and told the coaches he was "seeing ghosts" out there. Neither teams nor the NFL have any say over which clips are used/aired when players are miked up, and the onsite rep for NFL films make the call, but they are supposed to avoid clips put teams or players in an unflattering light. Rumors are higher ups at NFL Films are also upset the comment was cleared for use by the onsite rep.

Story at ESPN.. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mment-made-air

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Jets are upset the NFL Films rep onsite at the game cleared the use of a clip where Sam Darnold came off the field after a turnover and told the coaches he was "seeing ghosts" out there. Neither teams nor the NFL have any say over which clips are used/aired when players are miked up, and the onsite rep for NFL films make the call, but they are supposed to avoid clips put teams or players in an unflattering light. Rumors are higher ups at NFL Films are also upset the comment was cleared for use by the onsite rep.

-M
    It's an idiom.

People need to chill out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's an idiom.

People need to chill out.
    I don't think anyone is taking it literally, but it does paint Darnold as someone who was having trouble reading the defenses and getting "spooked" by defenders who weren't where he would thought they would be, and makes him look rattled by the Pats' scheme, which does paint him in an unflattering light, even if it might be an accurate description of his performance last night.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    Maybe Darnold watched The Sixth Sense the night before and took Cole Sear waaaaaaaaay too seriously.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I doubt that Cincinnati will do a fire sale. Coach Zac Taylor already said Aj Green is going no where and he doesnt see any player that they want to trade. Mike Brown has a bad history of not trading players. Aj Green is in the last year of his contract and has hinted that he doesnt want to come back. But Mike Brown is convinced that he will resign so it looks like Green will leave and the Bengals will get nothing for him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe Darnold watched The Sixth Sense the night before and took Cole Sear waaaaaaaaay too seriously.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Oh, that’s hilarious! You, sir, win the internets today!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I get being annoyed that a personal comment of one's own performance that isn't positive should have been filtered out. They always are otherwise, because we never hear that sort of stuff any other time. At the same time, the exaggerated outrage over it is just the Jets organization trying to cover and deflect from their absolutely putrid performance.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Gase is running a side distraction deal with this. He's throwing up this outrage to cover for the fact...he's a lousy QB coach. He has been around Darnold for a few months and the most he could offer in a mic'd up segment we saw was , "You can throw it to endzone for a TD next time.." Like Darnold was Peyton Manning who made a once in a blue moon mistake. Not a young 22 year old QB struggling badly. It was the most stupid coaching advice we could see. There was no wise words of discussing coverage and what Darnold saw on that endzone Int. It was hey , next time you can throw a TD.

When Gase was hired by a witless Jets ownership people detailed that he had 2-3 seasons to develop Ryan Tannehill. But instead before Tannehill was injured , things got so fucking bad he had Tannehill playing conservative Trent Dilfer style football. Which wasn't the system the Dolphins was supposed to be running and why Gase was signed. The belief was , hey he worked with Peyton Manning and he had a HUGE YEAR. So of course he's brilliant .

Instead as we see this is what Adam Gase has done with his QB's combined in 2019 in NY Jets.

1,118 yards passing 3 TD's 8 Ints. That is all 3 QB's that Adam Gase is supposed to be great at developing. Their QB ratings are in mid 60's basically.

The Jets being idiots signed a guy who isn't a good coach that can develop a QB. Adam Gase is feigning a stupid fake outrage to cover for the fact he hasn't helped Darnold. What a fucking idiot and hopefully NFL Films tells Gase to get fucking real and try to coach his QB instead of worrying over this bullshit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Gase is running a side distraction deal with this. He's throwing up this outrage to cover for the fact...he's a lousy QB coach. He has been around Darnold for a few months and the most he could offer in a mic'd up segment we saw was , "You can throw it to endzone for a TD next time.." Like Darnold was Peyton Manning who made a once in a blue moon mistake. Not a young 22 year old QB struggling badly. It was the most stupid coaching advice we could see. There was no wise words of discussing coverage and what Darnold saw on that endzone Int. It was hey , next time you can throw a TD.

When Gase was hired by a witless Jets ownership people detailed that he had 2-3 seasons to develop Ryan Tannehill. But instead before Tannehill was injured , things got so fucking bad he had Tannehill playing conservative Trent Dilfer style football. Which wasn't the system the Dolphins was supposed to be running and why Gase was signed. The belief was , hey he worked with Peyton Manning and he had a HUGE YEAR. So of course he's brilliant .

Instead as we see this is what Adam Gase has done with his QB's combined in 2019 in NY Jets.

1,118 yards passing 3 TD's 8 Ints. That is all 3 QB's that Adam Gase is supposed to be great at developing. Their QB ratings are in mid 60's basically.

The Jets being idiots signed a guy who isn't a good coach that can develop a QB. Adam Gase is feigning a stupid fake outrage to cover for the fact he hasn't helped Darnold. What a fucking idiot and hopefully NFL Films tells Gase to get fucking real and try to coach his QB instead of worrying over this bullshit.
    I mean, Adam Gase is still getting credit for what Peyton Manning did in Denver in 2013, as if Peyton needed a OC to be great. His resume is garbage.

Meanwhile, he's helped elevate the game of such QBs as Jay Cutler and Ryan Tannehill since. WOW, color me impressed. Clearly, he'll clean up the turnovers that plagued Sam Darnold throughout college, like he did everywhere over else over the past decade.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I mean, Adam Gase is still getting credit for what Peyton Manning did in Denver in 2013, as if Peyton needed a OC to be great. His resume is garbage.

Meanwhile, he's helped elevate the game of such QBs as Jay Cutler and Ryan Tannehill since. WOW, color me impressed. Clearly, he'll clean up the turnovers that plagued Sam Darnold throughout college, like he did everywhere over else over the past decade.

There are certain coaches who are just QB whisperers. They can take a QB and make them a damn star. Bill Walsh was one of those coaches really good at it. He helped get a decent season from Steve DeBerg before he traded him. If you watch the mic'd up segments with Montana , he is discussing actual coverage and plays .

And Walsh was really good at developing QB's. The guy helped develop 2 Hall of Fame QB's and signed one from CFL because he thought he was solid too in Jeff Garcia. I never saw Gase do anything at all on sideline last night.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I don't know how anyone approved Darnold for being mic'ed up in the first place. Arrogance? Overconfidence after beating the Cowboys?

That was already the kind of night you simply don't walk away from unscathed.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

There's also the fact that still today Manning is a backer of Gase. I mean, if he got along with him and was comfortable with him cool, but I think he's actually not giving his own greatness enough credit here and is looking at Gase's actual ability through rose-colored glasses. Because, I mean the resume tells the tale. The guy has only left a trail of suck behind since his couple years in Denver.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Lions deal safety Quandre Diggs and a 7th round pick to the Seahawks for a 5th round pick. Diggs had been the starter for the Lions, was a pro-bowl alternate last season and still had 2 years left on a contract extension he signed last season, and the move surprised and upset his Lions teammates.

-M

On the last page the talk of Von Miller being traded came up. Unless the Broncos get a KNOCK OUT offer to deal Miller I can't see it happening. Even then Denver may not part with Miller. Chubb may never really be a star given his torn ACL and Miller is a FRANCHISE guy. He's that stud LB. He's coming off a great 2018 season and still a stud pass rushing LB.

I can't see Elway letting him go easy if at all.