Page 26 of 155 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Exactly.

There is no bigger media circus in the NFL right now than Antonio Brown but he was signed immediately after leaving the Raiders because talent wise he is still arguably the best WR in the game (Hopkins is the only one I'd even put close to him). Were the Patriots to cut him tomorrow some other team would sign him immediately.

But for a bench player? No team is going to put up with this kind of circus for a backup. As I've said several times its the same thing that drove Tim Tebow out of the league and he was actually a positive influence on the fanbase and ticket sales but coaches and execs were tired of the media barrage all over a guy who was a backup.
    Reminds me of when the Jets obtained Tebow in 2012 and a televised presser was held for him at the airport after he arrived. Mind you, he was the backup, not the starter (I think that was Mark Sanchez), but the backup. Yet, it was like Tebow was the team’s savior. Crazy stuff.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Kaep was more distracting I thought. Brown was a great big who cares, its not even during the actual season. Tebow was definitely distracting, too. Anyone catch his recent rant about college players being paid? He's still being a distraction!

But Kaep also caused Jerrah to have to kneel. No one does that to Jerrah!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News , Taco Charlton was released by the Cowboys after 2 lackluster seasons. The former 1st rd pick from 2017 never could become a starter at DE. A fact that in 2+ seasons he only started 7 games and had 4 sacks. Last week Charlton tweeted FREE ME and deleted it soon after. Charlton will be hitting waivers.

Also everyone expects that Jalen Ramsey will be traded on Friday. That the team is looking at trade partners to move the disgruntled CB to.
    Jax isn't going to get two 1sts, they'll get at least one though.

I legitimately seeing Chiefs, Pats, and Seahawks making a push. But of those three, the Seahawks would be the more logical spot. You move the player out of the conference.

THAT being said, Oak has the draft pick ammo and the money to make Jalen happy. I could see Gruden trying to make a play but Mayock might be a bit more hesitant to do so in the wake of AB.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Tim Tebow didn't just fail because he had a huge media circus and fanbase. He failed because 3 teams tried to fix his bad passing mechanics. A fact it led him to finally be done for good as even New England couldn't help him.

Tebow was asked that maybe he fit an h-back/TE role but he refused to do it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I repeat, Ritchie Incognito, a psychotic 38 year old guard who commits at least one stupid penalty a game.
    Offensive line play is so bad in the NFL even a dumb goon like Incognito can still get a job if he can play decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Kaep doesn't have the talent to override the admittedly bullcrap negatives teams associate with him. If he was Rodgers he'd never have had a single game off, much less multiple seasons.
    Exactly. He isn't talented enough to deal with the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Exactly. He isn't talented enough to deal with the circus.
    In finding out a big reason Kaepernick struggled in 2015 season was due to 3 injuries he played through. In 2016 he was healthy and played pretty decent. (Kelly wouldn't start him for weeks )

Its hard to judge if Kaepernick has talent or not. His one down season was due to injuries . He really hasn't got a shot to show us really. Meanwhile Nathan Peterman showed us how bad he is and comically keeps getting on teams lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Tim Tebow didn't just fail because he had a huge media circus and fanbase. He failed because 3 teams tried to fix his bad passing mechanics. A fact it led him to finally be done for good as even New England couldn't help him.

Tebow was asked that maybe he fit an h-back/TE role but he refused to do it.
    Without the media circus coaches would have kept drooling over his other tangibles and thought "I can fix that" and make him a star. I'll bet he'd still be lingering in the league if not for it.

When he was on the Jets networks would go to live game breaks just because Tebow has been inserted on a special teams punt play (he was their punt protector). Thats how insane it was and every media conference was constant "What about Tebow" questions to every coach and player.

Ray Lewis was a generational talent at his position. He is at minimum in the conversation for best linebacker of all time. Which despite his role in a murder is what got him in the HoF 1st ballot.

Rapistberger on the other hand isn't even a top 5 QB of his generation let alone all time. Which is why his raping a girl in a bathroom could be used against him by some voters. He's already a marginal case and if a few keep him off the ballots over it then it could be the difference. Only FIVE modern players can be inducted each year. And if you are only a 5th to 10th somewhere best QB of your generation how do you justify him getting in over someone who was one of the best at another position.

You can't throw his stats out there and say top 10 QB ever given we are in an era of hyper inflated passing. In past eras it was so much harder to pass the ball which is why I still believe Dan Marino's 1984 season is the greatest season by a QB ever since if he'd playing by todays rules he'd probably have thrown for 6000 yards and 60 TD's.
    Roethlisberger also plays the more important position. And despite the crime he may have done, it's nowhere near the same as being involved in someone's murder. Both situations are still unresolved at best, so in the HOF's eyes, for Lewis now, and probably Ben later, it's like it never happened.

Roethlisberger isn't a marginal case. He was usually a top 10 QB for most of 15 years, sometimes top 5. He has 2 rings. He'll get in. Kelly, Moon, and Fouts are in. Ben should be.

In finding out a big reason Kaepernick struggled in 2015 season was due to 3 injuries he played through. In 2016 he was healthy and played pretty decent. (Kelly wouldn't start him for weeks )

Its hard to judge if Kaepernick has talent or not. His one down season was due to injuries . He really hasn't got a shot to show us really. Meanwhile Nathan Peterman showed us how bad he is and comically keeps getting on teams lol
    As a 49er fan I can tell you, Colin isn't good. He was playing well with Harbaugh, and Roman's offense, but as soon as the talent on the team dwindled, the league got more tape on him, he crumbled. He didn't play well in 2016. He sucked, which is why he ranked 29th in DYAR. Teams aren't going to view a backup QB at best worth the headache.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-18-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Without the media circus coaches would have kept drooling over his other tangibles and thought "I can fix that" and make him a star. I'll bet he'd still be lingering in the league if not for it.

When he was on the Jets networks would go to live game breaks just because Tebow has been inserted on a special teams punt play (he was their punt protector). Thats how insane it was and every media conference was constant "What about Tebow" questions to every coach and player.
    Usually a huge college QB gets a few chances. Tebow reminds me of Danny Wuerfull (spelling sorry). The former 90s Gator QB. In college Danny had this weird release as the video below shows.

But like Tebow he is deeply religious and had a big fanbase. 4 teams from 1997 to 2002 tried to fix his passing mechanics. They all failed and Danny retired after teams gave up on him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5iFIIhIS88

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    As a 49er fan I can tell you, Colin isn't good. He was playing well with Harbaugh, and Roman's offense, but as soon as the talent on the team dwindled, the league got more tape on him, he crumbled. He didn't play well in 2016. He sucked, which is why he ranked 29th in DYAR. Teams aren't going to view a backup QB at best worth the headache.
    Its been explained before that the WRs Kaepernick had in 2016 are no longer in NFL. Both are gone and one in his mid 20s . The 2 WRs career average a reception is 12 yards. The 49ers had Torrey Smith but he barely was on field.

Blaine Gabbert was a lot worse as the starter a few weeks lol.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It pains me to say this, but it's certainly good to be New England. The Pats began the 2019 campaign by bitchslapping Pittsburgh into submission; last week, they mercilessly sliced the tanking Dolphins into sushi; and this week, they face a Jets team starting their third quarterback in as many weeks. Who did Robert Kraft sacrifice to Satan for all this early season good fortune?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It pains me to say this, but it's certainly good to be New England. The Pats began the 2019 campaign by bitchslapping Pittsburgh into submission; last week, they mercilessly sliced the tanking Dolphins into sushi; and this week, they face a Jets team starting their third quarterback in as many weeks. Who did Robert Kraft sacrifice to Satan for all this early season good fortune?
    Drew Bledsoe?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Nothing really and people should have seen this coming. The Pats had a lot of transition in the 2018 season that made them seem weaker than they really were.

Defensively they were top notch. They have the best secondary in the NFL and had the most pressures up front last year. They ran a complicated system so it took awhile for players to gel. They have the same secondary and added Collins, Bennett, and promising rookie up front, while stopping experiments with some weaker talent. Anybody who paid the tiniest bit of attention could tell you that they were going to be monsterous on defense.

Offensively they have Brady. They have a deep RB set with White, Michel, and Burkhead. The only problem they had last year on offense was issues at WR. They have two promising rookies in Harry and Meyer that look great, Gordon is back in the fold. Edelman isn’t suspended. Dorsett is finally developing into what Indy wanted him to be. And now AB is overkill.

Hate to break it to people, last year was the Patriots rebuild and that was the time to win and knock them down a peg. This was the always going to be the loader year. Oh and they have most people locked up for next year too