Page 114 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2317

This new episode of 'The Lamar Show' is incredible. 21-7 Ravens.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its my fantasy dreams come true though.

I'm the two time defending champ and 3 of the last 4 years in my work league. This year though has been a struggle. Its a 2 player keeper league and my keepers were Christian McCaffrey and Antonio Brown and I don't need to explain the problem there especially given I held on to Brown all freaking year hoping he'd come back. Still have him just in case he comes back next year - dude is just too dominant when actually on the field.

But I did draft Zach Ertz and the more WR's for Philly that go do down right now the bigger stats he is going to put up.
    Perhaps, but defensive coordinators will dial up double teams on Ertz knowing our depleted corps of receivers aren’t much of a threat.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News ...

- The Arizona Cardinals today in a shocking move released Terrell Suggs (OLB). Suggs was having a decent season at 37 across from Chandler Jones with 5.5 sacks. But the Cardinals have decided to get the jump on looking at youth on the roster and cut Suggs today. Suggs could end up after he clears waivers possibly ending back up in Baltimore.

- Today the NY Giants cut Janoris Jenkins (CB) after calling a fan a slur word and not apologizing for it over twitter. Jenkins has had issues with Giants all season as he critiqued the pass rush of the team not helping the secondary and him not traveling with top WR's. This was the latest issue and the Giants cut Jenkins. Any team that claims Jenkins will be part responsible for his 2019 salary. His 2020 salary is not guaranteed. Jenkins responded with "Best news ever , thank you."

- Eli Manning will start another home game for the Giants as Daniel Jones is still injured.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Speaking of the Giants, it looks like Saquan Barkley was not the "generational" running back worthy of the number 2 overall pick. Currently the 23rd leading rusher with half the yards of the season leaders. Is he any better than those top RBs like Chubb, McCaffrey, Cook and Henry. Remember the Giants passed on Darnold, Allen, and current MVP Jackson to take Barkley. Now the Giants are a bad team, and it isn't that Jones might not be a good QB for them. But the hype about Barkley being the next All time great RB seems to be overblown. A waste of a #2 pick.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Speaking of the Giants, it looks like Saquan Barkley was not the "generational" running back worthy of the number 2 overall pick. Currently the 23rd leading rusher with half the yards of the season leaders. Is he any better than those top RBs like Chubb, McCaffrey, Cook and Henry. Remember the Giants passed on Darnold, Allen, and current MVP Jackson to take Barkley. Now the Giants are a bad team, and it isn't that Jones might not be a good QB for them. But the hype about Barkley being the next All time great RB seems to be overblown. A waste of a #2 pick.

Barkley has been dealing with an ankle injury all season. Mixed with injuries to his WRs and a rookie QB...then yeah his numbers would be down.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Barkley has been dealing with an ankle injury all season. Mixed with injuries to his WRs and a rookie QB...then yeah his numbers would be down.
    Do you think he is a generational running back. The likes of Payton or Sanders? That is what the Giants sold him as.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Do you think he is a generational running back. The likes of Payton or Sanders? That is what the Giants sold him as.
    More like what the Giants believed him to be. Will Barkley ever become that generational back? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    More like what the Giants believed him to be. Will Barkley ever become that generational back? Who knows.
    We will have to really judge Barkley in 2-3 seasons and see how his body holds up. When healthy and not being the sole focus of defenses Barkley had over 2,000+ yards from scrimmage.

But a RB takes a big toll as we know. Not every RB can be like Frank Gore who wants to play til he's 40. Some have 3-5 year careers.

This all still doesn't sound like the all-time great he needsto be to justify the draft choice.

Extraordinary Member

The issue is that the Gianst passed up on Dam Darnold, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson for the right to get Barkley. It was already risk because RB's have terrible longevity and they aren't really a valuable position. They pretty much wasted half his rookie contract on a team that has no chance to win, they won't be competetive for at least 2 or 3 years and by that point they have to decide whethere they want to pay him a fortune.

He pretty much needed to be legendary to justify where he was picked and what they passed up.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The issue is that the Gianst passed up on Dam Darnold, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson for the right to get Barkley. It was already risk because RB's have terrible longevity and they aren't really a valuable position. They pretty much wasted half his rookie contract on a team that has no chance to win, they won't be competetive for at least 2 or 3 years and by that point they have to decide whethere they want to pay him a fortune.

He pretty much needed to be legendary to justify where he was picked and what they passed up.
    At the time, the Giants were under the illusion they could still win with Eli Manning and probably thought adding a top running back like Barkley could spur a playoff run, a la Dallas with Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. IMO, I think the Giants were fearful of backlash if they kicked Peyton's little brother to the curb, something they eventually did anyway this season. Meanwhile, let's face it, Darnold and Allen haven't exactly lit the world on fire while I doubt anyone outside Baltimore's locker room knew Jackson would literally turn into an overnight superstar and MVP candidate. Whether or not Daniel Jones is the answer at quarterback, and Eli's successor is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-14-2019 at 02:22 AM.

At the time, the Giants were under the illusion they could still win with Eli Manning and probably thought adding a top running back like Barkley could spur a playoff run, a la Dallas with Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. IMO, I think the Giants were fearful of backlash if they kicked Peyton's little brother to the curb, something they eventually did anyway this season. Meanwhile, let's face it, Darnold and Allen haven't exactly lit the world on fire while I doubt anyone outside Baltimore's locker room knew Jackson would literally turn into an overnight superstar and MVP candidate. Whether or not Daniel Jones is the answer at quarterback, and Eli's successor is anyone's guess.
    And its only been 1 season for Lamar Jackson. Remember that Michael Vick looked like an all-world star his 1st season or 2 then reality crash landed as teams had more game tape to program against him. Jackson is doing an awesome job but lets be serious , his body isn't gonna hold up for many years rushing for 1,000+ yards a season in NFL. Eventually ala Cam Newton age and injuries may set in unless he can settle down into being a Steve Young type.

And its only been 1 season for Lamar Jackson. Remember that Michael Vick looked like an all-world star his 1st season or 2 then reality crash landed as teams had more game tape to program against him. Jackson is doing an awesome job but lets be serious , his body isn't gonna hold up for many years rushing for 1,000+ yards a season in NFL. Eventually ala Cam Newton age and injuries may set in unless he can settle down into being a Steve Young type.
    Let’s not forget Vick was averse to studying game film to improve himself, thinking all he needed was his talent to succeed, and, of course, he was proven wrong in the end. As for Jackson, yeah, I would say he needs to take notice of the cautionary tale that’s Cam Newton and be smarter when it comes to running.

Let’s not forget Vick was averse to studying game film to improve himself, thinking all he needed was his talent to succeed, and, of course, he was proven wrong in the end. As for Jackson, yeah, I would say he needs to take notice of the cautionary tale that’s Cam Newton and be smarter when it comes to running.
    Newton was also bigger too. He was 6'5 230+ pounds and as one LB joked he was like a RB hitting into at that size. But as we know Newton's body could only do so much. Hopefully this off-season we see Harbaugh pushing that Jackson learn to throw more and less running.

One of the rare good stories for the Redskins in their usual lost seasons is the rebirth of Adrian Peterson. Peterson is 282 yards away from his 9th career 1,000+ yard season. He's also set to break some marks as well. 66 yards will pass Curtis Martin for 5th all-time in career rushing yards. 1 more TD will place him at 110 for his career and tie Walter Payton for that mark.