Page 143 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2317
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    On the fox NFl halftime show they announced that former coach Jimmy Johnson is going into the HOF. I just have to say its about darn time.
    Even though I'm an Eagles fan, Johnson should've gotten in years ago. What took so long?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Even though I'm an Eagles fan, Johnson should've gotten in years ago. What took so long?
    There for a few years people thought Jimmy would unretire like a few coaches did. Then there was a glut of players and coaches who had to wait. Bill Cowher had to wait years like Johnson due to same issues.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Think about it. Johnson is a good coach, but his highs were limited to 1992 to 1993. His teams never appeared in another championship game after that. He didn't coach that long either. For a while he's had this label of the "shooting star" effect. But in recent times the door has opened to guys that check that box like Terrell Davis or Kurt Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its wild that KC would have a moment like this. KC really hasn't had much big playoff moments to remember. Those HOLY **** moments like 99% of other teams have. To finally get one is just stunning. Sure given how the curse for KC works it likely will hit next week , as a Chiefs fan for now this was nice. But yeah , today was special. It was rare and special to see.

I still give the Titans the edge due to the Chiefs curse though.
    When are you going to start believing in your team? If they reach the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is GB giving away this game?
    Two words: Russell Wilson. As long as he's the starting QB for the Seahawks and playing at his usual level, the Seahawks will never be out of a game no matter who the opponent is, no matter how good they are. Unless you are a 49ers, Rams, or Cardinals fan I don't think you understand just how annoying it is to play against Wilson. He trolls you for 3 quarters with lackluster play, and then eats a Mario mushroom in the 4th beating you in the final few seconds. That's the worst way to lose. He may never be that first team All Pro quarterback dominating a team from start to finish, but it doesn't matter.

Pete Carroll was stupid AF to punt the ball on 4th and 11. He should have gone for it with the guy that has dragged his corpse of a team this far. But I'm glad he didn't, because now the 49ers don't have to worry about chasing that stupid hobbit around for a third straight time.

BTW, which Super Bowl matchup do you folks want to see? I'm guessing most of America wants to see the Packers and Chiefs/State Farm Bowl due to the quarterbacks. I hope it's the 49ers and Titans. Half of the people out there would be super salty because there won't be any 4000 yard/30 plus TD type of passers in the game. You'd have two teams who offensively are heavily predicated on the running game. Also two good defensive teams (I know Tennessee was middle of the pack on the season but they've stepped it up in the playoffs).

I would love to see the Titans make it. A team everyone counted out more then once beating three good teams to make it. That would be great.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    BTW, which Super Bowl matchup do you folks want to see? I'm guessing most of America wants to see the Packers and Chiefs/State Farm Bowl due to the quarterbacks. I hope it's the 49ers and Titans. Half of the people out there would be super salty because there won't be any 4000 yard/30 plus TD type of passers in the game. You'd have two teams who offensively are heavily predicated on the running game. Also two good defensive teams (I know Tennessee was middle of the pack on the season but they've stepped it up in the playoffs).
    I can tell you one entity that does NOT want to see a defense first/running attack Super Bowl, and that's FOX which is broadcasting the game. That sort of dull slugfest will turn off casual fans looking for scoreboard busting tilts (like SB 52) in droves, and low viewer numbers would result in salty advertisers who've sunk a king's ransom into commercials. I want 49ers-Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes was made for the big stage, and I'm rooting for Andy Reid to finally win a ring.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The odds are on a 49ers/Chiefs Superbowl. But the Titans have shown that you can't count them out. They beat who everyone was saying was the best team this year in the Ravens, and they have the formula to beat the Chiefs, a great running attack with Henry that can keep Mahomes off the field.
    The 49ers are the better team and already beat Green Bay. But the Packers still have Rodgers, so in a close game they can win with the right play at the right time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

49ers/Titans would garner one of the worst ratings for a Super Bowl ever.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Two words: Russell Wilson. As long as he's the starting QB for the Seahawks and playing at his usual level, the Seahawks will never be out of a game no matter who the opponent is, no matter how good they are. Unless you are a 49ers, Rams, or Cardinals fan I don't think you understand just how annoying it is to play against Wilson. He trolls you for 3 quarters with lackluster play, and then eats a Mario mushroom in the 4th beating you in the final few seconds. That's the worst way to lose. He may never be that first team All Pro quarterback dominating a team from start to finish, but it doesn't matter.

Pete Carroll was stupid AF to punt the ball on 4th and 11. He should have gone for it with the guy that has dragged his corpse of a team this far. But I'm glad he didn't, because now the 49ers don't have to worry about chasing that stupid hobbit around for a third straight time.
    Yeah I saw that. By avoiding the rush and extending every play, he wore out the Packers D-Line. I also thought the Packers coverage let too many uncontested passes go too. They won't match up well against the 49ers. Rodgers will have to be super human to win there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    49ers/Titans would garner one of the worst ratings for a Super Bowl ever.

-M
    Why? The Niners have a big fan base and the Titans are a Cinderella team.

Last year was a snooze feat, with the Pats there again (boring!) against a team no one thought deserved to be there. And the ratings were way down. I think people will watch any combo of the teams left.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-13-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why? The Niners have a big fan base and the Titans are a Cinderella team.

Last year was a snooze feat, with the Pats there again (boring!) against a team no one thought deserved to be there. And the ratings were way down. I think people will watch any combo of the teams left.
    It's a game without a big market team or a big name national draw team to bring in viewers beyond the spectacle of the Super Bowl itself.

The 49ers fanbase is a pale shadow of what it was in the 90s when they were a dominant team (one also hurt when they actually left SF and created a bit of bitterness from fans who felt jilted), one that no longer travels well with the team like some of the bigger draws in the NFL, and they are no longer a ratings draw. How many prime time games has the NFL given them over the last few years? How many of those were when they weren't playing another big draw team?

Tennessee never was a ratings draw, they were one of the teams the NFL consigned to Thursday night games because they were not a team that drew ratings and casual fans didn't care if they missed the game. If fact, it's a team that casual fans will most likely shrug and say huh, I didn't realize they were still in the league. Who plays for them? Is Jeff Fisher still there coach? Cinderalla draws in the NCAA basketball tournament, in the NFL, not so much. The Cinderalla teams add tension and drama for all the bracket players in the tourney. Cinderalla makes for poor Super bowl betting, one of the big factors in drawing interest to the game.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

At the beginning of the season I had Kansas City to be the AFC's champion, and everything is now set up for it to be that.

NE Updates:

- Julian Edelman has been arrested and cited with a misdemeanor. NFL is already considering giving him a 2 game suspension.

- The NFL is looking at a fine for the Bengals game-day filming violation but has internally noted that others teams have done the same thing this year. They are considering a rule where all teams must run media through them if it involves filming during games, even if broadcasted weeks or months later. NFL is also considering taking a late-round pick from NE but since they did not make the Super Bowl, are planning on sticking with the fine. They plan to announce after the season is over.

- Ryan Tannehill became the second winningest QB against Tom Brady at 5-6. He is second to Peyton Manning at 6-11.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium