Page 30 of 155 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Anyways, as far as Brown goes, he won't play this year. The league sent out a memo saying that because he's not on a team he is in't subject to the exemption list, but that he would eligible to be placed on it if he was on a team.

Clear implication from the league "don't sign Antonio Brown, as soon as you do we will put him on the exemption list and you will be stuck paying him for nothing"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I heard some news from a former ESPN producer saying that Jalen was going to get traded to the cheifs....but alas nothing has come out of it....yet

Though as of right now Im thinking the Jags will keep him
    The Chiefs already had a situation where an all-star CB started to make waves and he was traded out of Kansas City 2 seasons ago in Marcus Peters. I can't see Reid wanting a repeat of that with Ramsey.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

My co-worker (he and I are both Patriots fans) suggested to me that the Pats, with the money intended for Antonio Brown, will now be used in an attempt to get the Redskins' unhappy Left Tackle since Patriots Left Tackle Isaiah Wynn will miss something like 8 games. It'll be interesting to see if his suggestion pans out. Not sure if he heard this idea from sports talk radio or if he came up with it on his own.

I mean.. We all who is to blame in these Antonio Brown developments.... I am looking in your way Ben Roethlisberger.

Edit: Has there been a video from AB when he found out about being being freed from his current football team? I am looking for something like this; https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/07/anton...fine-contract/
    Last edited by Jackmando7; 09-20-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Its hard to believe but back in 2017 Steve Mariucci had these 2 QBs at the top of the draft. In this NFL Network special he viewed Mitchell Trubuisky and DeShone Kizer as the best coming out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zOxW_xLxRaQ&t=149s

The QB he felt was a 2nd rd QB....Pat Mahomes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's been reported the Jags prefer to keep him. Also the price is too high for most teams. Jalen also won't force his way out of a contract according to reporters with sources in his inner circle.
    And the owner likes Ramsey, see below:

Jags owner willing to make Ramsey highest-paid CB

Meanwhile, in Eagles news, it looks like Desean Jackson (abdominal) and Alshon Jeffery (calf) have been ruled out for tomorrow's home game against Detroit. And with a short turnaround prior to a Thursday night matchup with the Packers in Lambeau, they may not play then either.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its hard to believe but back in 2017 Steve Mariucci had these 2 QBs at the top of the draft. In this NFL Network special he viewed Mitchell Trubuisky and DeShone Kizer as the best coming out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zOxW_xLxRaQ&t=149s

The QB he felt was a 2nd rd QB....Pat Mahomes.
    Sounds like the guy who thought Joey Harrington was a franchise QB, all right.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Sounds like the guy who thought Joey Harrington was a franchise QB, all right.
    To be fair here a lot of NFL and scouts thought Mahomes was a late 1st/early 2nd rd talent coming out. A lot of them thought he was gonna be hard to reign in and not believe so much in his arm . Because they felt he would be throwing Ints and all. A fact one scout brought up that Reid knew he could get Mahomes to tone some risks down he'd do. And as brought up people kept discussing the Ints he'd throw in college and not realize his wild errors was few actually.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair here a lot of NFL and scouts thought Mahomes was a late 1st/early 2nd rd talent coming out. A lot of them thought he was gonna be hard to reign in and not believe so much in his arm . Because they felt he would be throwing Ints and all. A fact one scout brought up that Reid knew he could get Mahomes to tone some risks down he'd do. And as brought up people kept discussing the Ints he'd throw in college and not realize his wild errors was few actually.
    Arizona was going to take him at #13 if KC didn't move ahead of them. Bruce Arians and Carson Palmer wanted to coach up Palmer's heir-apparent for the Cardinals... but the Chiefs were bold and snagged him first.

Arizona was going to take him at #13 if KC didn't move ahead of them. Bruce Arians and Carson Palmer wanted to coach up Palmer's heir-apparent for the Cardinals... but the Chiefs were bold and snagged him first.
    Sean Payton revealed last year that the Saints were looking at Mahomes as the heir to Drew Brees. That they selected 11th. As someone joked , no one believed KC would trade up for him. Because the odds that KC would do a trade up was rare. In fact I believe its only happened 2-3 times since 1997. Once to get Tony Gonzalez , another time to move up 2 spots to get Ryan Sims and finally to get Mahomes.

Payton claimed they had Mahomes and Lattimore on the draft board so the decision became easier. But Peyton seemed to admit that Mahomes was the guy who he wished he had .

Does hating Antonio Brown make me petty? I have been having a problem with this man for the last 2 or 3 years. It takes a lot for me to hate someone I don't even know. But this man has left a trail of people he has used and abused, walked all over, whatever. (Sadly, he is much more likable than the other monster who came out of Pittsburgh sports this week.) I really hope this is the last the NFL has seen of toe tappin Tony.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Speaking of WR's ...one retired a couple seasons is Calvin Johnson. In an article I read Johnson claimed that the Lions ownership made him return $1 million from a bonus he had after he retired. When asked if he would do anything for the Lions off field as support , he made it clear that he wants the $1 million returned before that happens.

So let me ask this... are the Lions ownership that fucking stupid to piss off their 2nd sure fire Hall of Fame ex-player. Its like the team literally hates its own players for choosing to not play really. How could you treat Megatron like **** ? But its the fucking Ford family who literally hired Matt Millen as GM. Also the team told him to lie about suffering a concussion.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/20/ca...-big-interview

Given what is in this damn article its no wonder Johnson said **** it and retired.

The Cowgirls were, when last I checked, a 22 1/2 point favorite against the visiting Miami Tankfish while the Evil Empire, hosting the New York Monojets are a 21 point favorite. Will Dallas and/or New England cover those large spreads, or is that a silly question, given the competition?

Can we all agree the 2019 NFL season seems to have more "have" and "have not" teams than any season in recent memory? It feels like we're gonna see some 15-1 and 14-2 teams this year and some 0-16, 2-14 and 3-13s on the other side.

But I don't think in the final week of the year that there will be like a handful of 8-win teams still vying for the final playoff spot. I think it's gonna be locked in.

Can we all agree the 2019 NFL season seems to have more "have" and "have not" teams than any season in recent memory? It feels like we're gonna see some 15-1 and 14-2 teams this year and some 0-16, 2-14 and 3-13s on the other side.

But I don't think in the final week of the year that there will be like a handful of 8-win teams still vying for the final playoff spot. I think it's gonna be locked in.
    You could be right. Only three weeks in and the Dolphins are already shaping up to be historically bad, right up there with the 2008 Detroit Lions who went 0-16 and the Tampa Bay Bucs which limped out of the gate as an expansion franchise in 1976 by losing their first 26 games. Thing is, those teams weren’t intentionally losing, Miami clearly is. Meanwhile, both New York teams are winless and look like **** with quarterback issues, Antonio Brown singlehandedly sunk Oakland, the wheels have already fallen off in Carolina after Cam Newton went down, and that’s just off the top of my head without checking the standings. For a league that prides itself in parity, this clearly ain’t it, and it’s only bound to grow worse.