Page 55 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    LA isn't even a Rams town. It's a Raiders town. None of the current LA teams have homefield advantages. San Diego also has a rivalry with LA. It's like Boston and New York. The fans won't stay if you move the team to a rival city.

This will be a **** show soon. Once the Raiders are in Vegas, both teams will have real problems.
    Actually its barely a Raiders town either. I mean, they would get the most support out of any of them, easily, but still compared to other cities its not much. LA is a basketball town, a Lakers town, first and formost.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The referees have more egg on their faces as they literally handed last nights game to Green Bay. Barry Sanders (long known for being one of the nicest guys) tweeted how bad the game was decided.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The referees have more egg on their faces as they literally handed last nights game to Green Bay. Barry Sanders (long known for being one of the nicest guys) tweeted how bad the game was decided.
    Can't wait to see how Roger the Dodger squirms his way out of this mess. The zebras **** the bed almost all day on Sunday, but last night was particularly horrendous. Goodell will HAVE to address the situation with the refs and soon.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

To be fair the Rams were a big drawing team to their original stadium from the 1950's to 1980. In fact according to some articles they actually had better attendance than the usual average at the time in NFL. But what killed the Rams was a couple factors.

- The Rams moved from the LA Coliseum to Orange County and Anaheim Stadium. A comical aspect was that they moved to a bigger stadium but there was no way the Rams who sold a 60,000-70,000 stadium ala the Coliseum could now sell out an 83,000+ seat stadium and the games soon had black outs happen.

- The team went into a massive rebuilding era as the veterans from the good winning 1970's were traded and cut as Chuck Knox took over. A big rebuilding situation and a bigger stadium wasn't a good mix.

- The biggest blow was Orange County in the 1980's suffered a recession as defense cuts led to that. By the 1990's as the team was terrible , mixed with recession and unable to get a new stadium deal ...the Rams were in a big bind. (hence the move)

But this was a team at one point that made the Chargers owner then move the team from LA to San Diego in 1960's.
    Thank you. I didn't really feel like doing a history lesson today. LA is a Rams town, in spite of their time in St. Louis courtesy of Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually its barely a Raiders town either. I mean, they would get the most support out of any of them, easily, but still compared to other cities its not much. LA is a basketball town, a Lakers town, first and formost.
    Nah, its really a Dodgers town. LA bleeds blue.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thank you. I didn't really feel like doing a history lesson today. LA is a Rams town, in spite of their time in St. Louis courtesy of Georgia.
    Well attendance did slip in 1990's due to recession , losing records and the fact the team wanted a new stadium deal and couldn't get it done. So the only solution was to move to St. Louis. The LA fans realized later what they had lost with RAMS leaving.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well attendance did slip in 1990's due to recession , losing records and the fact the team wanted a new stadium deal and couldn't get it done. So the only solution was to move to St. Louis. The LA fans realized later what they had lost with RAMS leaving.
    Every Caucasian football fan I know, and about half of the Hispanic fans I know, that grew up in the LA area were happy the Rams returned.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Every Caucasian football fan I know, and about half of the Hispanic fans I know, that grew up in the LA area were happy the Rams returned.
    Well right after this for a number of years the fans wanted a stadium for either the Rams to return or they could lure a franchise there possibly.

Speaking of the LA Rams...they have STUNNED EVERYONE by trading Marcus Peters (CB) to the Ravens for Kenny Young (LB). The trade is a stunner since everyone thought Peters would be a long term fixture in LA. And this is the 2nd time in 2 seasons he's been traded away.

I was looking at O/DVOA ranking today:

01. Patriots 41%
    02. 49ers 25%
    03. Chiefs 20%
    04. Vikings 15%
    05. Cowboys 14%

That's a pretty stark contrast.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Speaking of the LA Rams...they have STUNNED EVERYONE by trading Marcus Peters (CB) to the Ravens for Kenny Young (LB). The trade is a stunner since everyone thought Peters would be a long term fixture in LA. And this is the 2nd time in 2 seasons he's been traded away.
    Then just turned around and traded for Jalen Ramsey.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Then just turned around and traded for Jalen Ramsey.
    Talk about a MUST WIN NOW trade. The Rams traded 2 , 1st rd draft picks (2020 , 2021) and a 4th rd pick for Ramsey. Also Ramsey isn't even a sure bet he'll be there long term as he wants a new big contract.

The Rams are under such pressure to WIN NOW they are gambling a lot of the future to try and win big now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Talk about a MUST WIN NOW trade. The Rams traded 2 , 1st rd draft picks (2020 , 2021) and a 4th rd pick for Ramsey. Also Ramsey isn't even a sure bet he'll be there long term as he wants a new big contract.

The Rams are under such pressure to WIN NOW they are gambling a lot of the future to try and win big now.
    That was a high price to pay for Ramsay, especially since he might wind up being a rental. If the Rams fall short and Ramsay walks, they could be hamstrung for years.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Predictions for Week 7

Broncos over Chiefs- Broncos can back into contention with a win
    Rams over Falcons- Falcons need to fire their coach before they win again
    Bills over Dolphins- a no-brainer
    Bengals over Jaguars- Bungles finally win a game
    Lions over Vikings- the Vikings aren't as good on the road
    Packers over Raiders- Packers remain on top of the division
    Texans over Colts- Texans will effectively win their division here
    Giants over Cardinals- Giants win at home against an easy opponent
    49ers over Redskins- 49ers remain undefeated
    Titans over Chargers- mediocre Titans win at home against struggling Chargers
    Saints over Bears- Saints are the best team in the NFC right now
    Seahawks over Ravens- the Seahawks are at home and need to keep up with the 49ers
    Eagles over Cowboys- the Eagles will go on to win the division, while Dallas will fire its coach
    Jets over Patriots- Jets manage an upset at home

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That was a high price to pay for Ramsay, especially since he might wind up being a rental. If the Rams fall short and Ramsay walks, they could be hamstrung for years.
    Also talk about screwing themselves in a way comically. The Jaguars its reported was offered 2 , 1st rd picks and a star defensive player for Ramsey. No idea who the team was but the player was a star player to equal the loss of Ramsey on the defense. The Jaguars refused this move and the GM decided to deal with his friend instead and got the same 2 , 1st rd picks and a 4th rd one (which may never equal the loss of Ramsey). But here is what is silly , your losing an impact player on defense and your gonna get one back and still come out with 2 , 1st rd picks...WTF ?

Plus as you posted if Ramsey doesn't like the team or offer he can literally **** the Rams with this move. A really expensive rental deal. The pressure to win now has led to this move.

Rams are also out another CB on IR.

The window is closing ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium