Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Thanos won. Throw a flag on the Avengers for offsides time travel
    Thanos cheated first when he used the Time stone to bring back Vision. Wanda won.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Fantastic Member

Pretty lousy and lame start to the 100th season of the NFL. :/

Collinsworth and Michaels keep talking about this is what happens when you don't take preseason seriously and I'm inclined to agree. Trubisky didn't throw a single pass in preseason and Rodgers didn't play at all. There's clear rust here and it's create a really boring game.

Man, that just left me wondering if Green Bays defense might be that improved, or if Mitch Trubisky just sucks that much.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Ah, the pageantry of the NFL100 Kickoff...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Nagy to keep up his being a complete insane moron deal needs to make his players all week watch this loss. As well as the missed FG from the playoffs. That way he can literally drive them bonkers.

Being honest ; the Bears seem to want to be Kansas City yet don't have the QB to pull the trigger in this offense to do it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Man, that just left me wondering if Green Bays defense might be that improved, or if Mitch Trubisky just sucks that much.
    It doesn't look like the game's slowed down for him. It's funny, I remember Steve Mariucci did a show with Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky and several other of the QBs from that year and had them perform drills that essentially acted as mini combine. Anyways, one of the tasks they had to do was break down a play on the white board. Watson and Mahomes nailed it. They both sounded very well versed in the game of football with a deep understanding of how to breakdown a defense. Trubisky looked lost and sounded very uneducated.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    My vote is for the latter. Green Bay's defense won't remind anyone of the Steel Curtain, the Purple People Eaters or the Baltimore Ravens of the early 2000's, but the Packers made Trubisky look horribad. Makes me wonder how much poor play we'll see from other quarterbacks come Sunday whom, like Trubisky, didn't take so much as one snap during the preseason.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm still not totally convinced this entire Antonio Brown thing isn't a giant 'work' on some level. Ala sports entertainment, other than being squeezed by an entity off the field I can not understand why one would chance themselves this way. Couldn't happen to a better team situation if this is on the level mind you but...

Any takers on the next team to sign Brown? I'm batting the idea of Cincinnati possibly being Brown's next stop.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

More fallout from last night's season debut stinkbomb:

The NFL got what it deserved with that opening night stinker between Packers and Bears

Winners and losers from 'Thursday Night Football' Week 1

From the above piece, this was particularly telling:

Loser: NFL fans

We were all excited to watch this season-opening game between two of the most historical franchises in NFL history as the league celebrates its 100th year of existence. Instead, we got a game that reminded us of football a century ago.

The forward pass seemingly didn’t exist. Chicago and Green Bay combined for 20 penalties. There was a first-and-40 at one point in the fourth quarter. Offensive minds Matt LaFleur and Matt Nagy looked like two defensive coaches navigating through a game in a blizzard.

From start to finish, the entire game was a travesty. We all wanted to forget about the past five weeks of preseason football. That didn’t happen. Thursday night simply acted as an extension of it.

The era of low scoring football has begun!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Mmm... nothing says "NFL action" like incompetence on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The era of low scoring football has begun!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Mmm... nothing says "NFL action" like incompetence on the field.
    As Lee Corso is fond of saying, "Not so fast, my friend!" The Chiefs and Patriots have yet to play, and week one is often crappy and error filled as teams work out the kinks in what some, if not most, call the fifth exhibition game.

The Raiders-Antonio Brown clusterfuck gets uglier by the day:

Report: Antonio Brown confronted Mike Mayock in middle of practice, called him 'cracker'

At what point do Mark Davis, Chucky and Mayock arrive at the decision that Brown isn't worth the continuing headache and just cut his ass, regardless of the money they owe him? Between this report, the helmet mess and the cryotank snafu, Brown has been an ongoing drama NO team needs, not even a circus like Oakland.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-06-2019 at 10:04 AM.