Page 95 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Mahomes did run for nearly 60 yards and led the team in rushing. So he did that part.

Rothlisberger will go in . His off field behavior won't be a big factor for him as time passes. As posted if Ray Lewis can go in for 2 Super Bowl rings in his time then Big Ben will get the nod.
    Ray Lewis is the best linebacker of this century. He was a 10 time all pro. Arguably the best linebacker since Lawrence Taylor and you could argue which of them was better.

So its not an valid comparison since there isn't even one season where Roethlisberger would have been considered a top 3 QB, most he wouldn't even be considered top 5, let alone an all pro.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And they are all going down in the same year, it seems.

Crazy.
    Roethlisberger plans to return next season. So his career with Steelers can still likely continue if he recovers from the same elbow surgery that took out Terry Bradshaw. So he can still continue his career.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Ray Lewis is the best linebacker of this century. He was a 10 time all pro. Arguably the best linebacker since Lawrence Taylor and you could argue which of them was better.

So its not an valid comparison since there isn't even one season where Roethlisberger would have been considered a top 3 QB, most he wouldn't even be considered top 5, let alone an all pro.
    Roethlisberger played in an era of Drew Brees , Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Which really over shadowed him a lot. But he is a 6 time Pro Bowl player and 2004 NFL Rookie of the Year. Plus a 2 time Super Bowl champion.

Also along the way Ben has some NFL records as well as nearly every Steelers passing record now. He will go in.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In weird conspiracy type situation going on , Chicago sports guys don't believe Mitch Trubisky suffered a hip pointer. In one video a former player pointed out that Trubisky never sit down and stood up the entire time on sideline and didn't appear hurt. They believe that Nagy came up with the hip pointer injury after he decided to bench him to save the criticism of his play.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In weird conspiracy type situation going on , Chicago sports guys don't believe Mitch Trubisky suffered a hip pointer. In one video a former player pointed out that Trubisky never sit down and stood up the entire time on sideline and didn't appear hurt. They believe that Nagy came up with the hip pointer injury after he decided to bench him to save the criticism of his play.
    While that theory sounds kooky, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Rooting for the Texans tonight.

They win, Indy get's bumped down and Oak gets bumped up to the 6th seed.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While that theory sounds kooky, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
    Thus far Chicago and Nagy seem to be really selling its a hip pointer as why Trubisky struggled and finally was benched. They claim he's started practicing slowly.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2...ew-york-giants

Remember the report a week ago that claimed Mason Rudolph instigated the fight with a racial slur. Rudolph and the Steelers denied this allegation and the NFL has cleared Rudolph after investigating it. Yesterday Rudolph apologized for his part in the fight and holds no ill will against Garrett for what happened.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lur-at-garrett

Not convinced that Brisset is a franchise QB yet
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I think of him as similar to Byron Leftwich - someone in that blurry zone between a serviceable starter and a great backup.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think of him as similar to Byron Leftwich - someone in that blurry zone between a serviceable starter and a great backup.
    I was gunna say maybe more Fitzpatrick. But Leftwich seems applicable.

SO are the Bills the quietest 5th seed out there or what?

Oak's gotta care of business on Sunday...cuz im feeling TRAP GAME all over this one

I may be crazy here but with the Steelers have a few started out I think maybe the Bengals can pull off an upset special.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Would the Patriots really take Antonio Brown back?

Antonio Brown randomly posted an apology to New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft this week.

Perhaps it wasn’t all that random. Former Patriots tight end Christian Fauria, who co-hosts a show on WEEI in Boston, said the Patriots have "kicked the tires" on Brown.

Who knows what that all means. Former players on sports-talk radio aren’t historically the most reliable sources for breaking news. Even if the Patriots were “kicking the tires,” it doesn’t mean they’re going to sign Brown. And even if they wanted to sign Brown, there are still hurdles in terms of potential NFL punishment.

Still, it’s a pretty interesting possibility, however realistic it is.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Tom E. Curran reported that there's no chance of the Patriots signing Brown again. That was last night so it serves as a counterpoint to Fauria's statement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

There was no way I could see the Patriots resigning Brown.

What's up guys, cable guy here. From many, many years ago. Been a while since I posted on here.

He still doesn't have a full season not in an organizational transition as a starter yet. This time next year we'll know as much as we're going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

...Different circumstances, positional requirements and a differing organizational philosophy, different divisional strengths. Coaching... As an aside I always thought Byron Leftwich looked like what Gary Coleman would have if not for the kidney disorder. But so, if Leftwich did not play in the Manning lead years of the AFC South, where scoring 27 points was still going to get you beat 85% of the time, his career would look much more favorably. For that teams structure at the time it's not like he was competing for his job every camp. Ironically... if for nothing else than the emphasis on the passing game in the league since then, I can kinda make more parallels to Brisset and Garrard on some level? I'm agreeing through my disagreement I sure. Now that you say it I feel Brisset might be LESS athletic that both those Jags QB's but no question he's had to be more of leader.

Oak's gotta care of business on Sunday...cuz im feeling TRAP GAME all over this one

Here's hopin'.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.