Page 54 of 155 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    When Ryan Tannehill is considered a better option than you... damn.
    Considering he's likely no better at all, double damn.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The Falcons just scored what should have been the tying touchdown to go 34-34...

Except veteran kicker Matt Bryant missed the extra point. It's 34-33 CARDINALS.

Arizona's getting the ball back with 1:53 remaining and a one point lead. They likely need one first down, and if they get it, it's victory formation time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

When Ryan Tannehill is considered a better option than you... damn.
    When they traded for Tannehill there was a message sent in a way to Mariota that he had to step up in a way. Even though they kept saying saying that there was no QB situation and Mariota was the man. They wanted more from what they had gotten thus far.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's final in Arizona...

Cardinals 34, Falcons 33.

Final QB lines:

Kyler Murray: 27-37 for 340 yds passing, 3 passing TDs. No turnovers. 34 yards rushing. Completed passes to 9 different receivers.
    Matt Ryan: 30-36 for 356 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs.

Arizona goes to 2-3-1. Next week they travel to the Meadowlands for Daniel Jones and the Giants... who need to get back a lot of offensive weapons. Arizona finally gets back All-Pro CB Patrick Peterson from suspension.

Falcons drop to 1-5. Dan Quinn is almost certainly a lame duck coach, and based on this game being lost on a missed extra point... I'm wondering if 44 year old kicker Matt Bryant retires at the end of the year, as well.

NY Jets had it if they didn't get 3 straight fucking flags. How do you as a defense decide to commit PI on a RB on that ? Another flag and this time its on the offense of Dallas. This entire drive has been penalties. AND ANOTHER FLAG !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NY Jets had it if they didn't get 3 straight fucking flags. How do you as a defense decide to commit PI on a RB on that ? Another flag and this time its on the offense of Dallas. This entire drive has been penalties. AND ANOTHER FLAG !
    They're up by 8 with a minute left. I think they are gonna upset Dallas. So the Jets are of the schneid.

So is Washington, they beat Miami in a "Toilet Bowl" game between two 0-5 teams. Miami and the fish are still tanking in the Blowhole, and they and the Bungles are the only two remaining winless teams.

Dallas scores on Dak's running TD. Then the Jets bring a safety on a blitz and they can't get the 2 point conversion. And the Jets nearly comically give the onside kick back to Dallas after Jim Nantz brings up how the new onside kick rules has made it nearly impossible to get back. Thomas by luck scoops it back , but its funny end to the last penalty drive.

It's final in Arizona...

Cardinals 34, Falcons 33.

Final QB lines:

Kyler Murray: 27-37 for 340 yds passing, 3 passing TDs. No turnovers. 34 yards rushing. Completed passes to 9 different receivers.
    Matt Ryan: 30-36 for 356 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs.

Arizona goes to 2-3-1. Next week they travel to the Meadowlands for Daniel Jones and the Giants... who need to get back a lot of offensive weapons. Arizona finally gets back All-Pro CB Patrick Peterson from suspension.

Falcons drop to 1-5. Dan Quinn is almost certainly a lame duck coach, and based on this game being lost on a missed extra point... I'm wondering if 44 year old kicker Matt Bryant retires at the end of the year, as well.
    You were right, it was a shootout!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Lot of Steelers fans in attendance tonight at Carson.

Considering that I've travelled to support my soccer club, I know what it's like to be in a marginalized section at the stadium. Imagine this having gone on for three years with the Chargers. At home.

The stadium the Chargers are currently at is pretty small, as stadiums go. No bad seat in the house, and you pretty much get to see all the action really well from anywhere. Definitely worth going if your team is playing, you'll never get that kind of experience at a typical NFL stadium.

But yah LA is a Rams town, and pretty much the entire Charger fanbase for all those years fostered an "I hate LA, we aren't them" mentality, which doesn't help matters. The fanbase for the most part just didn't transfer up. Look at the Clippers - all these years and they are still well in the shadow of the Lakers.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mike Vrabel is expected to name a starter ahead of next weeks game. But the big thought is Marcus Mariota's time is over in Tennessee after struggling for weeks and inconsistent play . This comes after Arians in Tampa blasted Jamesis Winston for throwing 5 Ints and fumbling twice. That he needed to learn to throw the ball away and stop forcing as he did.

The 2015 QB draft class could go down as one of the worst in NFL history if both QB's aren't around in 2020 for either team. Here is a list of QB's.

- Trevor Siemian
    - Brett Hundley
    - Bryce Petty
    - Sean Mannion
    - Garrett Grayson

Grayson and Petty are currently out of the NFL. The others are now journey men backups and not with original teams that selected them.

What is up with the Chargers?

I mean ... a QB whom was on the practice squad last week?

For real?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The stadium the Chargers are currently at is pretty small, as stadiums go. No bad seat in the house, and you pretty much get to see all the action really well from anywhere. Definitely worth going if your team is playing, you'll never get that kind of experience at a typical NFL stadium.

But yah LA is a Rams town, and pretty much the entire Charger fanbase for all those years fostered an "I hate LA, we aren't them" mentality, which doesn't help matters. The fanbase for the most part just didn't transfer up. Look at the Clippers - all these years and they are still well in the shadow of the Lakers.
    LA isn't even a Rams town. It's a Raiders town. None of the current LA teams have homefield advantages. San Diego also has a rivalry with LA. It's like Boston and New York. The fans won't stay if you move the team to a rival city.

This will be a **** show soon. Once the Raiders are in Vegas, both teams will have real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    LA isn't even a Rams town. It's a Raiders town. None of the current LA teams have homefield advantages. San Diego also has a rivalry with LA. It's like Boston and New York. The fans won't stay if you move the team to a rival city.

This will be a **** show soon. Once the Raiders are in Vegas, both teams will have real problems.

To be fair the Rams were a big drawing team to their original stadium from the 1950's to 1980. In fact according to some articles they actually had better attendance than the usual average at the time in NFL. But what killed the Rams was a couple factors.

- The Rams moved from the LA Coliseum to Orange County and Anaheim Stadium. A comical aspect was that they moved to a bigger stadium but there was no way the Rams who sold a 60,000-70,000 stadium ala the Coliseum could now sell out an 83,000+ seat stadium and the games soon had black outs happen.

- The team went into a massive rebuilding era as the veterans from the good winning 1970's were traded and cut as Chuck Knox took over. A big rebuilding situation and a bigger stadium wasn't a good mix.

- The biggest blow was Orange County in the 1980's suffered a recession as defense cuts led to that. By the 1990's as the team was terrible , mixed with recession and unable to get a new stadium deal ...the Rams were in a big bind. (hence the move)

But this was a team at one point that made the Chargers owner then move the team from LA to San Diego in 1960's.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Last Thursday, Eagles’ LB Zach Brown, a member of the Vikings last year, talked smack, saying Kirk Cousins was the weak link in Minnesota’s offense. Yesterday, Cousins lit up the Birds’ weak sauce secondary like a Christmas tree to the tune of 333 yards and four touchdowns in a 38-20 beatdown. Today, Brown was cut, despite the Birds being thin at linebacker. Coincidence?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!