Page 57 of 155 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The talk on most of the sports shows on TV today was about whether or not Patrick Mahomes should play tonight against Denver with his gimpy ankle. Sure enough, Mahomes plays, and it looked like he hurt a knee on a sneak play near the Broncos’ end zone and had to be helped off the field.
    Mahomes has gutted out his ankle the entire season it seems. He has said he'll be fine but its clear its killed his mobility a lot.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Mahomes is done for the rest of the game.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mahomes maybe out now for good the entire season. Such a fucking sadness being a KC fan. We get a great player who is awesome and freak injuries always derail them. Priest Holmes , Jamaal Charles and now likely Mahomes. God clearly loves to give us a glimpse of something and slam the door on us fully each time. Its why I'm losing it being a NFL fan.

After 2+ decades of this , well I'm tired of it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Yeah its like Aikman said, when its a knee you just can't tell judging by if a person is walking or not. Yeah he's walking around, but that doesn't say anything. Guys have blown their knee and walked off fine in the aftermath, not knowing till later the severity. Just gotta hope its not that damaged.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm already preparing for the worst and then watching as Mahomes is lost for a year or two and never regains what he had. Its happened so many times in KC. We get a glimpse of that once in a lifetime player then we get fucked. Its how it goes.

A slight update on Mahomes ....

A doctor claims that he has a patella injury and there is 2 possible diagnosis ahead. The best case is he misses a few weeks wearing a knee brace and heals up. But he will have to wear the brace possibly if he returns to play. That is best case .

The worst case is surgery right now to fix the issue and he can be ready to go next season. That is the worst case.

No one will know anything til an MRI is done.

From what I'm understanding, fracture and/or ligament damage requires surgery. Neither doesn't. He doesn't have the fracture, so now its about the MRI and the ligaments.

And the Broncos are getting clowned by Matt Moore.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    From what I'm understanding, fracture and/or ligament damage requires surgery. Neither doesn't. He doesn't have the fracture, so now its about the MRI and the ligaments.

And the Broncos are getting clowned by Matt Moore.
    Even if its best case situation I'd let Mahomes rest 2-3 weeks. It was said by one Chiefs insider that they were gonna sit Mahomes the game the moment he needed help up. That it was too important.

Also Warren Sapp chimed in on twitter and said a QB sneak is really the least harmless way a QB can be hurt in a game. That the biggest way a QB is hurt is dropping back to pass and its a rare freak injury deal (which sums up KC's luck with great players) . That its the rarest 0.1% of injuries in a game. Also Mahomes was hurt for 2 previous games due to his ankle issue.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

What was that thing I said many years about that the Madden Curse being a sure fire thing that had a... what... 90-95% chance of happening? God, I can't remember my autism moments. Maybe it's for the best.

Damn, it sure reared it's ugly head once more. I've long since forgotten about the "curse" since it's more of the reality that injuries just happen, and the two recent years where the "curse" did not happen were because Tom Brady is a freak of nature and Antonio Brown didn't need to get injured to **** up his career at Pittsburgh (and just kept right on trucking).

Practically all of Kansas City's aspirations ride on Mahomes being that once in a lifetime quarterback, and when he was nullified during the Indianapolis game two weeks ago, it showed how helpless the team is without him.

Something weird happened tonight though. As Mahomes left the game the Chiefs defense suddenly showed up again. It was like something maybe snapped in the defensive guys ...we don't have Pat Mahomes to carry us now. WE HAVE TO DO OUR PART.

The defense helped score a TD by sacking Flacco and had a total of 9 sacks tonight. It was like a weird light flicked on.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Something weird happened tonight though. As Mahomes left the game the Chiefs defense suddenly showed up again. It was like something maybe snapped in the defensive guys ...we don't have Pat Mahomes to carry us now. WE HAVE TO DO OUR PART.

The defense helped score a TD by sacking Flacco and had a total of 9 sacks tonight. It was like a weird light flicked on.
    Do you guys have any programs where if, I dunno, the defense gets a sack or something, you can go a fast food joint and get a discount? Here in Indianapolis, if the defense sacks a quarterback, local McDonald's offer buy one/get one Big Macs. Just curious in the case they are based on the number of sacks and not on the condition of whether or not a sack occurs and then some local businessman vows to spit in every 50th burger.

EDIT: Then I realize you're not in Kansas City. Oh, well. Well, do the Mountaineers have any programs like that?

Given that I have no idea how Matt Moore will do the rest of the way , he's a career backup QB. I have to wonder possibly if its time to look at Kaepernick for the rest of the year as a backup. KC needs someone who has been in version of the west coast type system. Sadly Chase Daniel is in Chicago and having to start. I'm sure Reid would love to have him about now to pull the trigger on this offense.

I'm not a college football fan so no clue if we have anything like that for college team.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Too bad about MaHomes and his knee.
    I was look forward to the STATE FARM Showdown, October 27th.

MahomesRodgers.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Mahomes maybe out now for good the entire season. Such a fucking sadness being a KC fan. We get a great player who is awesome and freak injuries always derail them. Priest Holmes , Jamaal Charles and now likely Mahomes. God clearly loves to give us a glimpse of something and slam the door on us fully each time. Its why I'm losing it being a NFL fan.

After 2+ decades of this , well I'm tired of it.
    If he's done for the year, I'm calling this the latest example of the Madden Curse.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.