Page 20 of 155 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Some potentially bad news for Saints fans:

Report: Drew Brees has ligament injury to his throwing thumb
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

And Big Ben is out for the season too
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

The AFC right is basically the Patriots and the Chiefs.

I mean who else is there?

In the east Miami is tanking, and the bills and the jets are the bills and the jets.

In the south Houston looks above average, the Colts lost Luck, Jax and Tenn are middle of the road.

In the North, Big Ben is out, the Ravens actually have some potential, and the Bengals and Browns are the same old.

In the West the Chargers continue to piss off the injury gods by loosing another safety, the Broncos lost a heartbreak to da Raidhus, and my Raidhus....while it seems their better than what most people expect their going to probably end up middle of the road at best. Still some kinks to work out.

So really in the AFC, I count the Ravens to be the third best team after the chiefs probably followed by the Texans.

BOLD TAKE: AFC Wild Cards this year may be 8-8
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Big Ben out for the season, to have season ending elbow surgery.

edit: (oops beaten to it)

Conner, their top RB also hurt his knee yesterday, so it will be harder to lean on the running game as well.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 09-16-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

NFL's leading scorer might be announcing his retirement today.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

What did the Chargers do to deserve this kind of luck?

Is it a trainer issue maybe?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think that Big Ben is done for good, and the Steelers need to start moving on from him and rebuild.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Miami's defense looks to be historically BAD, having given up a whopping 102 points in just two games, the next closest teams in that department are the Giants and Deadskins at 63. Meanwhile, New England just might be in a spot of bother after having lost a third offensive lineman after LT Isaiah Wynn went down with a foot injury yesterday, joining C David Andrews (blood clots) and RT Marcus Cannon (shoulder). The Pats' success is pretty much predicated on keeping Tom Brady in one piece, if opponents start getting to Brady and roughing him up, things could get dicey for Darth Hoodie and company.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well New England Patriots Invitational LIV just got a whole lot surer.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-16-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is Josh Rosen that much worse than over-the-hill Fitz? Or are they afraid they will win and not have the #1 pick for Tua next year. Granted 102 points againts in 2 weeks says their D will give away games anyway. Curious how if the fans in Miami are calling for rosen as much as the Giants fans want Jones?
    You know, I'm going to be watching Miami as much as possible this year because those guys they are putting on the field? - Its Shane Falco and the rest of the team from the Replacements movie. They are complete underdogs and i'm rooting for them all. Just hoping these guys will figure it out, rebel and fight back against the tank. I'd love to see the players from one of these tanking teams stick it to their management.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-16-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    You know, I'm going to be watching Miami as much as possible this year because those guys they are putting on the field? - Its Shane Falco and the rest of the team from the Replacements movie. They are complete underdogs and i'm rooting for them all. Just hoping these guys will figure it out, rebel and fight back against the tank. I'd love to see the players from one of these tanking teams stick it to their management.
    It's a nice thought, but talent and ability matter. You can't just win because you want it. Especially with a poor coach staff and sub-par players. There is a reason those Replacement guys never made it to the NFL in the first place.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well New England Patriots Invitational LIV just got a whole lot surer.
    Huh? Can I get an Acronese to English translation on that?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Reports are coming out that a second Antonio Brown accuser has come forward with another case of sexual misconduct on Brown's part. I've seen SI, the New York Post and Deadspin putting the story out but it doesn't seem to have hit all the media outlets yet.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Reports are coming out that a second Antonio Brown accuser has come forward with another case of sexual misconduct on Brown's part. I've seen SI, the New York Post and Deadspin putting the story out but it doesn't seem to have hit all the media outlets yet.

-M
    I saw a blurb for the SI headline. This isn't good for him, since the presence of additional accusers pushes this past a case of " he said, she said" and into something more concrete. His chances of being suspended or placed on the exempt list just went up.

I've read elsewhere that the first accusation was covered by a nondisclosure agreement while terms were being discussed, and that didn't expire until the suit was filed - which would explain why the Patriots were unaware of it. It might have exempted his employer at the time negotiations started, but might not have allowed for any future changes in who was paying him.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Huh? Can I get an Acronese to English translation on that?
    Superbowl 54. roman numerals
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!