Page 118 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    CBS posted its 1st mock 2020 Draft. They weirdly have the Dolphins deciding to wait til the middle/end of the 1st rd to select a QB in this one.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ayer-in-class/
    Some connected with the Dolphins team think they intend to stock the team with high draft picks and free agents and see what Rosen can do. They aren't playing him right now to protect his confidence as putting him out there behind the worst line in the NFL and with no rushing game would cause him to develop horrible mechanics and he would never learn to work his progressions. He'd basically become David Carr 2.0, a quarterback with all the intangibles and ability you want but one who got so pummeled in his early seasons he never reached his potential.

If Rosen ends up being bad next season with the team restocked then they package the multiple first rounders they have in 2021 to move up and get Lawrence or Fields.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News...

- Tom Coughlin was informed by the Jacksonville Jaguars he was being fired today. Coughlin was VP of Football Operations and was fired by the Jaguars owner. He had planned to retire at the end of the season but today the NFLPA informed the Jaguars that the arbitrator over a case involving Leonard Fournette & Dante Fowler had ruled in favor of the players. The decision comes down to where both players filed grievances over how the Jaguars handled their injuries. Demanding they come to team doctors during rehab sessions there and if not would be fined during off season.

Also as this claims that since 2017 25% of the cases filed with NFLPA have been about the Jaguars.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ffseason-rehab

- Terrell Suggs claims he didn't need much convincing to come play for Kansas City. He spoke to Andy Reid and agreed pretty quick to come play. He felt playing with Pat Mahomes would give him the best chance for it.

- Today the Detroit Lions issued a statement from the owners giving Matt Patricia and the GM 1 more season. That the Lions had better compete and make the playoffs. The letter is considered a "or else" type deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

- Today the Detroit Lions issued a statement from the owners giving Matt Patricia and the GM 1 more season. That the Lions had better compete and make the playoffs. The letter is considered a "or else" type deal.
    It's an impossible mission, really. Are they expecting the Lions to pass by Chicago, Minnesota, AND Green Bay in one off-season? They have little to nothing in the way of offensive weapons for Matt Stafford IF he stays healthy and only have a star or two on their defense. And they don't have the draft capital to turn it around in one season, as it stands right now.

All they're doing is avoiding paying out the rest of their contracts by giving them another year.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's an impossible mission, really. Are they expecting the Lions to pass by Chicago, Minnesota, AND Green Bay in one off-season? They have little to nothing in the way of offensive weapons for Matt Stafford IF he stays healthy and only have a star or two on their defense. And they don't have the draft capital to turn it around in one season, as it stands right now.

All they're doing is avoiding paying out the rest of their contracts by giving them another year.
    It's ironic that the Lions axed Jim Caldwell following the 2017 season despite winning nine games that season, then hired Patricia who, so far, has won nine games total in his two seasons in Motown. But yeah, the Lions have practically NO chance of overtaking everyone else in NFC North, so Patricia's fate is effectively sealed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

NFL News...

- Tom Coughlin was informed by the Jacksonville Jaguars he was being fired today. Coughlin was VP of Football Operations and was fired by the Jaguars owner. He had planned to retire at the end of the season but today the NFLPA informed the Jaguars that the arbitrator over a case involving Leonard Fournette & Dante Fowler had ruled in favor of the players. The decision comes down to where both players filed grievances over how the Jaguars handled their injuries. Demanding they come to team doctors during rehab sessions there and if not would be fined during off season.

Also as this claims that since 2017 25% of the cases filed with NFLPA have been about the Jaguars.

Damn, that last sentence was pretty extra.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn, that last sentence was pretty extra.
    As the player's union, that is their role; to protect the players. In a team with 32 equal teams should that high of a percentage of grievances be coming from a single team.

My predictions for Week 16:

The Broncos will beat the Lions in a meaningless game.
    The Chargers will beat the Raiders, making both teams 7-8.
    The Rising Bills will upset the weakening Patriots, leading to an 11-4 tie in the AFC East.
    The 49ers will beat the Rams and the Seahawks will beat the Cardinals. Both teams will remain tied on top of their division.
    The Texans will beat the Bucs and win the AFC South when the Saints beat the Titans.
    The Falcons will beat the Jaguars in a meaningless game.
    The Ravens will beat the Browns and clinch the #1 seed in the AFC.
    The Colts will beat the Panthers and improve to 7-8.
    The Dolphins will beat the Bengals, giving the Bengals the #1 pick in the draft.
    The Steelers will beat the Jets and improve to 9-6.
    The Redskins will beat the Giants, leaving the Giants in the basement of the NFC East.
    The Eagles will beat the Cowboys by two touchdowns and win the NFC East.
    The Vikings will beat the Packers and tie the NFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

The Broncos will beat the Lions in a meaningless game.
    The Chargers will beat the Raiders, making both teams 7-8.
    The Rising Bills will upset the weakening Patriots, leading to an 11-4 tie in the AFC East.
    The 49ers will beat the Rams and the Seahawks will beat the Cardinals. Both teams will remain tied on top of their division.
    The Texans will beat the Bucs and win the AFC South when the Saints beat the Titans.
    The Falcons will beat the Jaguars in a meaningless game.
    The Ravens will beat the Browns and clinch the #1 seed in the AFC.
    The Colts will beat the Panthers and improve to 7-8.
    The Dolphins will beat the Bengals, giving the Bengals the #1 pick in the draft.
    The Steelers will beat the Jets and improve to 9-6.
    The Redskins will beat the Giants, leaving the Giants in the basement of the NFC East.
    The Vikings will beat the Packers and tie the NFC North.
    I know you are just having fun with these picks, but what is your correct percentage?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    As the player's union, that is their role; to protect the players. In a team with 32 equal teams should that high of a percentage of grievances be coming from a single team.
    Sure. Still, that's quite pointed language right? Maybe previous communications from the PA have eluded to such in the past but one would think that, this is a conclusion ones agent and his client hopefully coincide together. It's not like you can argue against who might draft you.
    You bet yer ass.

Its why Coughlin was fired . He had plans to retire but once the ownership saw how badly a PR nightmare this was and how the NFLPA basically slammed the Jaguars , killing possible free agents from signing , the owner had to move fast. Due to this situation. But its a big hit to the Jaguars who may face telling free agents that the team has changed its culture with injured players.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

but once the ownership saw how badly a PR nightmare this was
    Public Relations has nothing to do with it. Coughlin, for as much as a hardcock for rules and **** was perfectly at ease with breaking the ones set out by the PA in his repeatedly fining players for treatments 'he deemed' needed to occur at the facility in the off-season, among other things. When part of your upper levels of management feels he is above Union rules, that's a violation subject up to and including termination on the books of any team. Probably should have happened some time ago.

This isn't some spokesman saying something stupid when you're trying to sell Coca-Cola.
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Looks like Dalvin Cook will sit the next 2 games. Vikes will probably lose both, Packers and Bears.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lay-vs-packers

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I know you are just having fun with these picks, but what is your correct percentage?
    Now now. At the very least, he's consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

... YO, I know you are just having fun with these picks, but what is your correct percentage?

You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Public Relations has nothing to do with it. Coughlin, for as much as a hardcock for rules and **** was perfectly at ease with breaking the ones set out by the PA in his repeatedly fining players for treatments 'he deemed' needed to occur at the facility in the off-season, among other things. When part of your upper levels of management feels he is above Union rules, that's a violation subject up to and including termination on the books of any team. Probably should have happened some time ago.

This isn't some spokesman saying something stupid when you're trying to sell Coca-Cola.
    When I meant PR , I meant making the team look worse. Wrong choice on saying PR , But here it made the entire team look bad to players across the league.

In a nice cool deal , Tony Gonzalez made the NFL's All-Time team and was the #1 TE chosen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...0-alltime-team

"My 2nd year I got benched , I led the league in dropped passes..." - Gonzalez.

But you saw what made him great. How he claimed he just couldn't show up at practice expecting to be great. No , he had to go challenge himself to be great as we see clips of him asking equipment guy to throw him some routes. That he needed that.

Belichick brings up how Gonzalez would really have some of his biggest games against the Patriots. That he was constantly going , how do I stop him ? He's beating double team coverage. So as he jokes here , he decided to literally take 2 of his players and jam him at the line each play comically. (the league banned that type of play call the next season).

And at the end Belichick considers Gonzalez the best TE who played as he said scheming to stop him was hard.