Page 120 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2317
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

No one was more surprised at the Eagles’ win over Dallas than I was, believe me. On paper, the Cowgirls had far more talent than my squad, but the Birds strapped it on and came to play, especially on defense, holding the Pokes to all of three field goals after they pummeled the Rams for 44 just a week ago. Now, NFC Least still isn’t settled, Philly has to seal the deal with a win against the Giants next Sunday while hoping Dallas mails it in versus The Deadskins, in any event, I think it’s safe to say Jason Garrett, a.k.a. The Ginger Clapper isn’t long for his job as head coach.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Skip Bayless
    @RealSkipBayless
    ·
    1h
    There is no way the Eagles are going to lose at the Giants. For that matter, I wouldn't bet a nickel that the Cowboys will survive the Redskins at JerryWorld.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No one was more surprised at the Eagles’ win over Dallas than I was, believe me. On paper, the Cowgirls had far more talent than my squad, but the Birds strapped it on and came to play, especially on defense, holding the Pokes to all of three field goals after they pummeled the Rams for 44 just a week ago. Now, NFC Least still isn’t settled, Philly has to seal the deal with a win against the Giants next Sunday while hoping Dallas mails it in versus The Deadskins, in any event, I think it’s safe to say Jason Garrett, a.k.a. The Ginger Clapper isn’t long for his job as head coach.
    It reminds me where Kansas City had lost 2-3 defensive players , didn't have Tyreek Hill and Mahomes was out. By some wild insane way they won the game. Its about how bad teams want it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Skip Bayless
    @RealSkipBayless
    ·
    1h
    There is no way the Eagles are going to lose at the Giants. For that matter, I wouldn't bet a nickel that the Cowboys will survive the Redskins at JerryWorld.
    Bayless? Bailing on the ‘Boys? I’m shocked!

Its clear the Cowboys should look at a head coaching change. And before they promote Kellen Moore (which I'm sure is being thought about) they need to sit down and look through coaching candidates.

Ron Rivera would be a good strong coach hire here. Try to keep Moore since he has a good chemistry with Prescott. But they need to keep chemistry with their young QB who really at times looked great passing the ball. So keep that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its clear the Cowboys should look at a head coaching change. And before they promote Kellen Moore (which I'm sure is being thought about) they need to sit down and look through coaching candidates.

Ron Rivera would be a good strong coach hire here. Try to keep Moore since he has a good chemistry with Prescott. But they need to keep chemistry with their young QB who really at times looked great passing the ball. So keep that.
    Lincoln Riley (of Oklahoma) is the name that keeps popping up in rumors as to who Jerry wants. Whomever gets hired though will have to be able to handle being a yes man to Jerry most times, so someone like Rivera and other established NFL coaches are likely not under consideration or wouldn't take the job.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Lincoln Riley (of Oklahoma) is the name that keeps popping up in rumors as to who Jerry wants. Whomever gets hired though will have to be able to handle being a yes man to Jerry most times, so someone like Rivera and other established NFL coaches are likely not under consideration or wouldn't take the job.

-M
    It's sad just how predictable this whole saga is. The Cowboys are going to choke next week, dump Garrett, and then bring in some college coach who will be in way over his head once he realizes that he can't just boss around a bunch of terrified college kids and spineless administrators to get his way whenever he wants. And then once we get into the offseason, all those contract talks will go south and there will be plenty of finger pointing and bad blood to go around, and the media will lament how a team that had so much promise just a few short years ago could collapse so dramatically.

In a game that I'm sure Chicago fans already down on Mitchell Trubisky will be pissed about , Pat Mahomes came to Chicago and put on his usual show and downed the Bears tonight. Mahomes had his typical game in a cold windy one. A week after a snow performance .

NBC cameras caught Mahomes counting to 10 on his fingers , as a jab to the Bears who passed on him and let him fall to KC. Selecting Trubisky instead.

The video of Mahomes after a TD pass running and counting his fingers was a perfect touch.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...td-celebration

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In a game that I'm sure Chicago fans already down on Mitchell Trubisky will be pissed about , Pat Mahomes came to Chicago and put on his usual show and downed the Bears tonight. Mahomes had his typical game in a cold windy one. A week after a snow performance .

NBC cameras caught Mahomes counting to 10 on his fingers , as a jab to the Bears who passed on him and let him fall to KC. Selecting Trubisky instead.
    And who said players don't pay any attention to things that happen off the field! Heh!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And who said players don't pay any attention to things that happen off the field! Heh!
    Funniest thing was , no Chiefs player caught what Mahomes did til reporters told them in the locker room. They didn't know he did that as he had ran towards Kelce. It made them laugh for most part as Frank Clark detailed Mahomes always felt he should have went 1st as a QB. That its like the Brady deal where he feels he was the best QB and teams made him wait.

People are asking , why did the Chicago Bears by pass Watson , let alone Mahomes in 2017. Well this video contains some insane stories on this. This article seems to back it up that the car story is legit as well as the other issues I'll detail. But best take away from this article on Pat Mahomes and the weird up/down QB class of 2017.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...w6m-story.html

NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah agreed. Jeremiah, who spent time as a college scout with the Ravens, Browns and Eagles, bunched three quarterbacks in his ranking of the top 50 prospects: Watson 28th, Trubisky 32nd and Kizer 33rd.

Mahomes? Not even on that list.
    Also it wasn't John Dorsey who wanted Pat Mahomes. It was current Chiefs GM Brett Veach who was head of scouting who was deeply into getting Mahomes after seeing him play for 2+ seasons and scouting him since 2015. Veach sold Mahomes to Reid & Dorsey as a Brett Farve style QB and they eventually decided to pull the trigger on him.

Plus look at how Reid approached it in the article. He had all 3 QB's come in for a long day. He gave them 4 plays , told them to diagnose the play calls completely and come back after a dinner and tell him what they'd do. Because Reid knew all 3 should not start year 1 in his system he wanted to see if they could tame Mahomes into his system and well once he passed that it did.

The video itself was a BIG WHAT THE **** situation for the Bears.

- Ryan Pace fell in love with Trubisky during his sole college season as starter. He snuck in to watch him the final game he played.

- Where as we saw in Kansas City where Andy Reid wanted to see how well the QB's shown could handle his complicated QB driven system above , Pace didn't seem to hold Trubisky to any of this. In fact as the video shows Pace was ALL IN himself while scouts and others were looking at other prospects for most part.

- John Fox had no clue that the team was gonna draft Trubisky . He had went with some scouts to see Watson and spoke to his college coach. Pace meanwhile was bluffing the rest of the league on things. Even his own scouts and head coach.

- The big reason Trubisky was drafted was after the dinner. he had with Bears brass Which was like some kind of date situation. As Pace walked him outside he saw his older car and decided that Trubisky had such great humility that he was The QB to take. After the trade Pace told Trubisky to drive the car to Bears camp.

So the final decision the Bears made wasn't about game play , arm strength or any skills decided factor. Ryan Pace saw that Mitchell Trubisky drove a **** car and decided he was a humble guy.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Thats pretty funny. And maybe The Bengals wont pick Burrow. Andy Dalton on a radio interview today said that he feels he has done enough to be the Bengals starter long term and is their best shot to take them to the next level. Maybe he can convince Mike Brown lol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Thats pretty funny. And maybe The Bengals wont pick Burrow. Andy Dalton on a radio interview today said that he feels he has done enough to be the Bengals starter long term and is their best shot to take them to the next level. Maybe he can convince Mike Brown lol.
    As that article above I posted shows from the reflections of the 2017 NFL Draft , QB is a fluid position of change. Trubisky , Mahomes and Watson moved up , down and all around that draft in months leading in. Hell as showed Mahomes wasn't even considered on draft boards going in the 1st rd. One scout claimed he was a 2nd/3rd rd QB.

Burrow for now is considered #1 QB. But as time and weeks grow to the draft we could see the other QB's jump up and possibly move ahead. If a team decides ala Miami that they don't see drafting a QB , 1st rd overall ..a number may slide down. The Bengals may view trying to draft and fix the overall roster then drafting a QB late 1st rd possibly. Who knows , maybe as you posted Dalton maybe able to convince Mike Brown he can stick around.