Page 121 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2317

The sad thing is Mike Brown thinks the team is just one receiver away from making Dalton great. At least that is what he said at the start of the season. But after a 1-14 season so far I dont know if he still feels that way.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    The sad thing is Mike Brown thinks the team is just one receiver away from making Dalton great. At least that is what he said at the start of the season. But after a 1-14 season so far I dont know if he still feels that way.
    The Bengals have holes all over the team really.

According to Pro Football Reference they rank 25th overall in defense.

21st in pass defense.
    32nd in rush defense.

So there are holes there on defensive line etc.

The offensive line needs pieces as well as they have allowed 47 sacks thus far this season.

This is a team with a lot of pieces.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

He's back
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    He's back
    Heh! That's funny! I approve!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Teams will start deciding on the 2017 , 5th year options for players. Many will get big budget extensions (cough Mahomes) and many will be likely cut (Corey Davis) as the tag to keep some will be too high. But teams are already likely weighing who to hand big money to extend and who to not do this with.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

With one week left in the regular season, here's what I see as the following head coaches who are on the hot seat and could get the ax on Monday the 30th:

AFC
    Freddie Kitchens (Cleveland)
    Doug Marrone (Jacksonville)
    Anthony Lynn (Los Angeles Chargers)

NFC
    Pat Shurmur (New York Giants)
    Bill Callahan (Washington)
    Perry Fewell (Carolina)

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    With one week left in the regular season, here's what I see as the following head coaches who are on the hot seat and could get the ax on Monday the 30th:

AFC

NFC
    Perry Fewell (Carolina)
    Do you think Garrett will be back or do you consider him already gone so not on the hot seat?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Do you think Garrett will be back or do you consider him already gone so not on the hot seat?

-M
    I was torn on including Garrett. Despite how openly displeased Jerry Jones has been with how the Cowgirls have flatlined, it wouldn’t surprise me if he brings back the Ginger Clapper. If there’s any one reason Garrett has lasted in Dallas for as long as he has is because he was willing to be Jerry’s sideline puppet, a top flight coach with anything even remotely resumed no an ego won’t put up with that nonsense, and everyone knows it.

Predictions for Week 17

The Ravens are locked into the #1 seed, so they will rest their starters and let the Steelers win.
    The Bills are locked into the fifth seed in the AFC, so I think they will let the Jets win.
    The Saints will beat the Panthers, and the Packers will beat the Lions. They will have to settle for the second and third seeds in the NFC.
    The 49ers will beat the Seahawks and take the #1 seed in the NFC. The Seahawks will get more beaten up then they already are and will lose their wild card game.
    The Cowboys will beat the Redskins. The Eagles will beat the Giants despite Saquon going beserk and will take the NFC East.
    The Bengals will win their last game against the Browns without losing draft position.
    The Texans will beat the Titans, allowing the Steelers to take the sixth seed in the AFC.
    The Colts will beat the Jaguars and finish 8-8. The Bucs will beat the Falcons and finish 8-8.
    The Chiefs will beat the Chargers and finish as the third seed in the AFC. The Patriots will beat the Dolphins and take the second seed.
    The Vikings will beat the Bears to avoid going into the playoffs on a losing streak.
    The Broncos will beat the Raiders in a meaningless game. The Rams will beat the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

AFC

NFC
    Perry Fewell (Carolina)
    It's got to be Kitchens right. He's been the only abject embarrassment on this list. Callahan, Shurmur and Marrone (until recently) are victims of larger either GM or ownership failures, even though Callahan will not be retained. Lynn and Fewell are difficult to measure, Fewell might be given a chance since he's been on the clock for the shortest time. He doesn't have a QB but he does have Jim Brown ERR-AHHH McCaffrey even though he shouldn't play him until 2020.

1. Get readdy, Freddie, to find other work.
    2. Callahan won't be our man.
    then... 3. Fewell, I guess. His chances are few and far between.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Welp, one coach that has been on the hot seat is coming back...Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank has decided to retain coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff for the 2020 season.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Welp, one coach that has been on the hot seat is coming back...Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank has decided to retain coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff for the 2020 season.

-M
    Dimitroff has been a decent GM. I mean the guy will be known for fleecing Cleveland years ago to get perhaps the 2nd best WR in NFL History in Julio Jones (who at 31 has 12,000+ career receiving yards and 4-5 seasons more could pass Larry Fitzgerald's marks).

For the most part Atlanta has competed. Its been a bad year. Keeping the GM around is a wise move. Now moving on to another coach maybe should be considered. But we will see what happens in 2020.

Antonio Brown worked out for the Saints this morning. As a Saints fan I am really not too happy about this and hope nothing comes of it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-works********
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Antonio Brown worked out for the Saints this morning. As a Saints fan I am really not too happy about this and hope nothing comes of it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-works********
    He'd still be on the exempt list through the end of season though until his investigations conclude, of which I'm sure the NFL is still dragging butt on.

Not sure why the Aint's spend the time kicking tires on him though for that very reason.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.