Page 122 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2317

The QB list for the NFL 100 All Time team was revealed on NFL Network:

QUARTERBACK (10): Sammy Baugh, Tom Brady*, John Elway, Brett Favre, Otto Graham*, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Joe Montana*, Roger Staubach, Johnny Unitas*.

*Denotes unanimous selection.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...p-quarterbacks

Not bad. But I think I liked my list better:

Unitas, Baugh, Graham, Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino, Brees, Starr, and Staubach. If I had one more spot after that I'd probably put Van Brocklin on there. Or maybe Dawson. There is an uproar online as to why Rodgers or Brees didn't make it. However, I could see what the panel was going for. Dominance of era among peers seemed to be a big factor here. Brees and Rodgers are going to be first ballot HOF guys no doubt, but there seems to have been this consensus opinion in the NFL landscape that Brady and Manning were the two top dogs with everyone else a cut below. 10 spots though is just so small over the course of 100 years.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 12-28-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post

Unitas, Baugh, Graham, Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino, Brees, Starr, and Staubach. If I had one more spot after that I'd probably put Van Brocklin on there. Or maybe Dawson. There is an uproar online as to why Rodgers or Brees didn't make it. However, I could see what the panel was going for. Dominance of era among peers seemed to be a big factor here. Brees and Rodgers are going to be first ballot HOF guys no doubt, but there seems to have been this consensus opinion in the NFL landscape that Brady and Manning were the two top dogs with everyone else a cut below. 10 spots though is just so small over the course of 100 years.
    I can understand why Brees and Rogers aren't on the list. The biggest WTF is Terry Bradshaw. Who took a team to 4 Super Bowls and made a lot of big passing plays to win lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Welp, one coach that has been on the hot seat is coming back...Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank has decided to retain coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff for the 2020 season.

-M
    Another coach who’s probably saved his job is Adam Gase. After the Jets stumbled out of the gate to the tune of 1-7, they have a chance to finish 7-9 with a win tomorrow, but that’s not a given as they’re facing 10-5 Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I can understand why Brees and Rogers aren't on the list. The biggest WTF is Terry Bradshaw. Who took a team to 4 Super Bowls and made a lot of big passing plays to win lol.
    I agree that Bradshaw got jobbed, but I would imagine people believed Pittsburgh won their Super Bowls on the strength of their defense while Bradshaw was just along for the ride.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Another coach who’s probably saved his job is Adam Gase. After the Jets stumbled out of the gate to the tune of 1-7, they have a chance to finish 7-9 with a win tomorrow, but that’s not a given as they’re facing 10-5 Buffalo.

I agree that Bradshaw got jobbed, but I would imagine people believed Pittsburgh won their Super Bowls on the strength of their defense while Bradshaw was just along for the ride.
    So Bradshaw as the Trent Dilfer of his era?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Bradshaw was a game manager on a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    So Bradshaw as the Trent Dilfer of his era?

-M
    Exactly. Bradshaw was a competent QB who rode some fluky plays (immaculate reception) and a strong defense to superbowl wins. I wouldn't call him Trent Dilfer, he's more an Eli Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post

I'd drop Staubach and put Brees. Brees is already #1 all time in passing yards and passing TD's. Unless he retires after this season and Brady doesn't no one is going to break these records for a long time. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers would have to play into their 40's to even have a shot and no one else currently active has any kind of realistic shot in the next 15 years.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 12-28-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Exactly. Bradshaw was a competent QB who rode some fluky plays (immaculate reception) and a strong defense to superbowl wins. I wouldn't call him Trent Dilfer, he's more an Eli Manning.
    Not saying he is an all time great, but Eli won those Superbowls. MVP in both. Peyton ws a pasenger in his last one. Brady also won some of his becuse of fluky plays. Not that he shouldn't be on the list.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not saying he is an all time great, but Eli won those Superbowls. MVP in both. Peyton ws a pasenger in his last one. Brady also won some of his becuse of fluky plays. Not that he shouldn't be on the list.
    The defense won both of those by shell shocking Brady into oblivion. The year of the fluky helmet catch the Pats were undefeated and Tom Brady and Randy Moss were shattering records together. The team set an all time points scored record. Then came the superbowl where the Giants pass rush battered Brady to death and held that offense to 14 pts. Eli got the MVP because it was such a team effort by the D that there was no one player that stood out and the MVP has to go someone and Eli got credit for the helmet catch even that was 100% David Tyree (though Eli does deserve some credit for avoiding a sack).

100% Tyree. He got away from a sack and put the ball perfectly where it needed. Tyree should have caught it without the helmet stuff. Though that made it legendary.

But back to the point, those Pitt Superbowls were largely viewed as D driven.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Controversial opinion; I probably would have kept Peyton Manning off that list and swapped him with somebody else. I know he has two Super Bowls, but the reality was that the man was a regular season beast who shriveled up in the playoffs most of the time. It didn't help that it ultimately was proved that Indianapolis was just a godawful place that took for granted its quarterbacks, but I can't forget the various New England beatings, the 6 interception game against San Diego, the 41-0 shellacking against the Jets, and that absolutely gut wrenching loss against the Steelers. Then, of course, you had the Super Bowl XLVIII debacle, which while it was a whole team effort by Denver to just fall apart against the Seahawks, seemed tailor made for Manning to collapse under the big lights in MetLife Stadium.

I'm not purposefully trying to denigrate Peyton, but if we're going by both regular season and postseason accolades, he's largely had a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality in which a consistent, machine-like being gave way to a frantic, caustic creature. But it seems the regular season stuff alone is enough to carry him as a legend.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think what hurt Bradshaw here was early in his career sports analysts would mock him due to his struggles as a growing QB.

"Bradshaw wouldn't know how to spell Cat if you gave him the C and A !"

But Bradshaw settled down into a good QB. Yeah the defense gets the press with steel curtain etc , but a lot of big passing plays came from Bradshaw those years. You would see Swann and company catch big passes from him during highlights. He was perhaps the best big game QB of that era since he led the team through the 70's.

I'm glad they listed Otto Graham at least. Guy went to a number of championship games in his career.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Bradshaw gets dogged alot because his stats were mediocre compared to his peers and the mythology that it was the Steelers defense that won the SB's. In reality Bradshaw was very important to those SB's and his stats were the result of a different play style. Dude still won an MVP

Gase also can point at that bad start and say, "What do you expect me to do without our young franchise QB?"

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The 4:15 Colts @ Jags kickoff will be Doug Marone's last game as HC.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.