Page 125 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think what hurt Bradshaw here was early in his career sports analysts would mock him due to his struggles as a growing QB.

"Bradshaw wouldn't know how to spell Cat if you gave him the C and A !"

But Bradshaw settled down into a good QB. Yeah the defense gets the press with steel curtain etc , but a lot of big passing plays came from Bradshaw those years. You would see Swann and company catch big passes from him during highlights. He was perhaps the best big game QB of that era since he led the team through the 70's.

I'm glad they listed Otto Graham at least. Guy went to a number of championship games in his career.
    Bradshaw did become one of the better quarterbacks of the 70's by the end of the decade, but it took a while. Staubach was consistently good throughout the decade from 1971 onward. Never MVP, never 1st Team All Pro (when he probably should have been), but was a Pro Bowl guy every year with two titles.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

By the by, here's a stat SUPERE missed: Carson Wentz became the first QB in Eagles history to pass for 4,000 yards.
    Damn. OK, McNabb's highest was 3,875 in 2004. Huh, Wentz is just shy of half of McNcabb's 32,000 career Eagle passing yards in only 4 seasons.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BTW, I can't believe we finally broke the evil spell, and won in Seattle. It took 8 long shitty years. Finally though, the 49ers are NFC West Champs once again.

To be critical though, the 49ers defense for the last 5 weeks has been doo doo dust. The loss of the rotational DL guys like DJ Jones, Julian Taylor, and Ronald Blair has been a deathblow. They were great depth. Dee Ford missing action because of a hamstring issue has killed the pass rush more than I thought it would. The main driving force up front in Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, and DeForest Buckner are winded with more snaps having to be played now. To pile on, starting safety Jaquiski Tartt has been out with messed up ribs. The squad has given up 20 points the last 5 games. It's sad. Kwon Alexander being the first big casualty sucked, but it's just been a domino effect. Now with the BYE week, the 49ers can get rest and hopefully get Tartt and Ford back in two weeks. Then Kwon might have a chance to play in the divisional game, but his best shot is probably the NFC Championship if the 49ers are still ticking.

Kyle Shanahan should have gone for it on 4th down and 1 deep inside his own territory. I thought it was obvious. Giving the ball back to Wilson was just asking to get beat by the buzzer, and it almost happened. 49ers really good lucky. The Seattle defense hadn't been stopping the 49ers offense most of the game. Even if they failed, they could have let Seattle score quickly, and have the ball last to drive down the field themselves for a field goal that would have either won the game or tied it if the Seahawks had scored their own TD plus a two point conversion.

49ers are in a bad spot heading into the playoffs. The Saints look like the best team in the NFC to me, and they are rolling. I'm believer in defense winning championships. 49ers need to hope the BYE week and some returning guys help them shut the leaky faucet off.

Oh so much for Beast Mode. Dude looked fat and slow. Homie need to hit Jenny Craig.

So in the interest of sharing, where's our New England fellas? It's 2 days from January, magic time for Foxboro, all the spying and lying, this is the time where it pays off!

What's the thinking? Does it feel like the end, yes, no, hell no? What be the feels??? Take your time.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the hammer came down on Pat Shurmur after the Giants went 9-23 in his two seasons there. Since it's Black Monday, let's see who will join Shurmur and Freddie Kitchens (fired yesterday) on the unemployment line.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-30-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn. OK, McNabb's highest was 3,875 in 2004. Huh, Wentz is just shy of half of McNcabb's 32,000 career Eagle passing yards in only 4 seasons.
    Here's another interesting factoid about Wentz's accomplishment: he's the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards without one wide receiver eclipsing 500 yards. Desean Jackson played a game and a half, Alshon Jeffery was available for 10 and had 490, Nelson Agholor played 11 for 363, rookie JJ Arcega-Whiteside, despite suiting up for all 16 had all of 169 and Mack Hollins (cut several weeks ago) had 125. The rest were practice squadders like Greg Ward who came out nowhere to shine late in the season. That, my friends, was impressive.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the hammer came down on Pat Shurmur after the Giants went 9-23 in his two seasons there. Since it's Black Monday, let's see who will join Shurmur and Freddie Kitchens (fired yesterday) on the unemployment line.
    Course, Giants are keeping their GM, so it don't make a lick of difference what happens next.

Top 5 Eagles passers

1. Donovan McNabb 32,873
    2. Ron Jaworski 26,963
    3. Randall Cunningham 22,877
    4. Norm Snead 15,172
    5. Carson Wentz 14,191

Wentz will rise to #4 next season. His yards per game and QB rating are the highest of the top 5. Nick Foles is #9, and is the only QB in the top 10 to have a higher QB rating than Wentz.

Well Winston set the record for pick 6's , breaking the one Matt Schaub had. And what makes it worse is ..Schaub was a 3rd rd QB who really didn't have huge expectations as a starter. Where as Winston has that since he went #1 or #2 overall in 2015. The fact Winston has played 5 seasons and continues to make terrible decisions on the field throwing Ints and more is more astounding as while in KC Pat Mahomes grew even more as a QB in his 2nd full year of a starter. So there is regression there.

Why pay a QB who turned the ball over 30+ times in a season and likely helped the Bucs finish at 7-9 this season $20+ million guaranteed ? If you want a bridge QB to get that 2020 draft pick ready then you can sign someone awhile like Case Keenum or Teddy Bridgewater to be a bridge. If you want an all-pro QB that likely could run the system 2-3 seasons til the next QB gets ready then Phillip Rivers.

But why would a team pay that price to just have a bridge QB ? Its not like Winston is gonna turn it suddenly around. He's been in the league for 5 seasons and his decision making got worse as we saw. So why exactly keep a bridge QB that really struggles badly Sure he threw for 5,000+ yards buts when your team is behind due to so many Ints etc , of course your gonna get a lot of passing yards.

So yeah , time to move on. Bring in a guy to bridge like Rivers , Manning , Keenum or Tannehill. Then have your young QB learning and ready to start.
    Tannehill will not be available. He just posted the #4 all time QB rating in NFL history and has been a top 5 QB since he took over. Bare minimum the Titans franchise tag him to see if this was a one year fluke before extending him. Mariota will be available but I think Tannehill showed just how a big a bust Mariota is.

Keenum? LMAO since were trashing him weeks ago talking about how Kaepernick was better.

Rivers and Manning maybe depending on what you think they have left vs whether Arians believes he can coach the INT's out of Winston. The way both have been playing I'm not sure either is an upgrade on Winston as Rivers was 3rd in INT's thrown this season and Manning in limited play was a turnover machine himself.

Bridgewater maybe but a lot depends on what Brees decides to do. If he retires the Saints hold on to him.

Andy Dalton is probably the best QB they can get but you know what you have with Dalton, a competent game manager QB without the upside of Winston but not the downside either.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    And I'm guessing Arians didn't dust off his saddle to oversee a full rebuild. Winston will be kept another year under that 5th year option. If he improves in Arians' system (which takes time to learn), then great. If not, cut ties and move on.
    Yep. Arians isn't gonna go full rebuild. I fully expect them to add a QB in the draft while using Winston as a bridge QB and then seeing which ends up better. Obviously the Bucs will not be in a position to get Burrow or Tua but QB's like Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, and others will be there for them.

Especially considering the cap. They can pick up the 5th year option on Winston's contract for about 20 million and then cut him entirely if he doesn't work out after the 5th year. Any free agent QB they go after or trade for will incur cap money down the road they won't want to be saddled with should the rookie QB they draft work out.

Wild card QB for the Bucs though is Josh Rosen or a return of Fitzmagic to Tampa. Everyone in Miami circles expects them to draft Tua since Burrow won't be available. That leaves them with a QB room of Rosen, Fitz, and Tua so either Fitz or Rosen could be had for the right trade offer.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 12-30-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Tannehill will not be available. He just posted the #4 all time QB rating in NFL history and has been a top 5 QB since he took over. Bare minimum the Titans franchise tag him to see if this was a one year fluke before extending him. Mariota will be available but I think Tannehill showed just how a big a bust Mariota is.

Keenum? LMAO since were trashing him weeks ago talking about how Kaepernick was better.

Rivers and Manning maybe depending on what you think they have left vs whether Arians believes he can coach the INT's out of Winston. The way both have been playing I'm not sure either is an upgrade on Winston as Rivers was 3rd in INT's thrown this season and Manning in limited play was a turnover machine himself.

Bridgewater maybe but a lot depends on what Brees decides to do. If he retires the Saints hold on to him.

Andy Dalton is probably the best QB they can get but you know what you have with Dalton, a competent game manager QB without the upside of Winston but not the downside either.
    There is no "upside of Winston"...its been 5 seasons , when your 5 seasons in and throwing 30 Ints in a season and a record for pick 6's , there is no upside.

Also when I meant get Keenum as a bridge , it wasn't paying him a huge salary and with expectations he'd hold the starting job for a season til the rookie was ready. In fact Keenum won't turn the ball over like a slot machine given how even with a terrible Redskins franchise this year , he still posted a QB rating above 90. Yes he's a middle of the road guy and well he's best cheap option bridge they can go with.

Of course knowing the Bucs they comically will sink $20+ million with Winston for another season of "maybe he'll turn it around in year 6..." and then play musical QB's as it doesn't happen lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There are conflicting reports hitting online that the Cowboys have fired their entire coaching staff. This has been denied however by others. Right now its a big WYF situation as Garrett awaits his fate as do other Cowboys staff.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There are conflicting reports hitting online that the Cowboys have fired their entire coaching staff. This has been denied however by others. Right now its a big WYF situation as Garrett awaits his fate as do other Cowboys staff.
    I just read about that. Talk about a mess. To be perfectly honest, this brings me great pleasure as an Eagles fan.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Oh so much for Beast Mode. Dude looked fat and slow. Homie need to hit Jenny Craig.

So, Rampage Jackson this weekend?