Page 127 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2317
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Jaguars Retain Head Coach Doug Marrone, GM Dave Caldwell for 2020:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/...dwell-for-2020
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Jaguars Retain Head Coach Doug Marrone, GM Dave Caldwell for 2020:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/...dwell-for-2020
    For a minute, I was like, "How...?"

And then I remembered all the times that Shad Khan kept Gus Bradley around year after year when he racked up double digit losses. Probably the most patient owner in the NFL.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens to Rivers since he's going to become an UFA. I'm guessing the Chargers aren't going to resign him. He's 38 years old, and while he's been a good quarterback the majority of his time with that organization, I don't think they believe in him anymore. He could help team like Chicago overcome it's QB problems. Looking back through Rivers' career, I don't know if he was ever good enough to get the Chargers a Super Bowl victory doing most of the heavy lifting, but he can still help another team get to the playoffs. Don't think he retires.
    I could see a lot of teams taking a look. The Bears yes. The Bucs. The Jags. Those teams that are just are a QB away, and already have a defense and skill position players, but might not have a high enough draft pick to get a rookie good enough to get them into the playoffs or into a deep run.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I could see a lot of teams taking a look. The Bears yes. The Bucs. The Jags. Those teams that are just are a QB away, and already have a defense and skill position players, but might not have a high enough draft pick to get a rookie good enough to get them into the playoffs or into a deep run.
    While the Bears already announced Mitch Trubisky will be their starter in 2020, I could see them kicking the tires on Rivers, same for the Bucs if they’ve had their fill of Jameis Winston. As for the Jags, it’s only been a year since they signed Nick Foles to a fat deal, will they jettison him THIS soon?

Washington officially announced Ron Rivera has been signed as coach, with a presser scheduled for Thursday. They also announced the hire of Jack Del Rio as defensive coordinator. If they can avoid the injuries they had this season, they should be a better defensive ream next year. The big issue is who they hire as OC and can that person develop Haskins and design an effective offense around his skill set.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

While the Bears already announced Mitch Trubisky will be their starter in 2020, I could see them kicking the tires on Rivers, same for the Bucs if they’ve had their fill of Jameis Winston. As for the Jags, it’s only been a year since they signed Nick Foles to a fat deal, will they jettison him THIS soon?
    I mean, with most teams? I'd think they would trade or cut Foles and try someone else.

But again, it's the Jags. They're the most patient team in the league, no matter how bad the product on the field is. Hell, they stuck by Black F'n Bortles for 5 years, and Blaine Gabbert for like 3 or 4 before that.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-02-2020 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Just when you think Cleveland can't become any more of a dumpster fire.
    Well, try THIS on for size:

Report: Browns want to hire new head coach before GM

Usually it's the other way around when it comes to this sort of thing, but we're talking about the Factory of Sadness, so why not have a brand new GM be neutered going into the job with no say as to who HE would want as a head coach. In a word....sheesh!

Usually it's the other way around when it comes to this sort of thing, but we're talking about the Factory of Sadness, so why not have a brand new GM be neutered going into the job with no say as to who HE would want as a head coach. In a word....sheesh!
    Sometimes I think the Browns franchise exists just to convince the Lions they're a well-oiled machine.

Sometimes I think the Browns franchise exists just to convince the Lions they're a well-oiled machine.
    Can even THIS be said about the Lions....

Opinion: Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam are to blame for never-ending circus

It’s not Johnny Manziel, Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham Jr. who have kept the circus going under the Browns’ big top.

It is co-owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam.

In the seven years since they took over the franchise in October 2012, the Haslams have proved to be as incapable of making a decision on their own as vilified former owner Art Modell.

Like Modell, they listen to many other voices and are easily swayed. Their whims and moods change like the winds off Lake Erie. One day it’s general manager John Dorsey who has their ear, the next it’s chief strategy officer John DePodesta. One day they’re handing the reins of the football operations to Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi, the next they’re listening to a homeless man telling them to draft Manziel.

At least the late Modell had a trusted circle of longtime aides he relied upon. Under the Haslams, the trusted circle has a short shelf life.

That proved to be the case Tuesday when Dorsey and the Haslams parted ways when they could not come to an agreement on Dorsey’s role within the organization. That decision came less than 48 hours after they fired overmatched Freddie Kitchens, the only coach Dorsey had ever hired.
    Yep, the Factory of Sadness.

AN Nfl report released finds that Bilicheck and the Pats coaching staff were not involved and had no knowledge of the filming of the Bengals sidelines. Still weighing what punishment if any will be leveled.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    AN Nfl report released finds that Bilicheck and the Pats coaching staff were not involved and had no knowledge of the filming of the Bengals sidelines. Still weighing what punishment if any will be leveled.
    Color me skeptical. It's damn hard to give Darth Hoodie and the Pats even the tiniest benefit of doubt when it comes to skullduggery like that business with the Bengals.

For the life of me I can't see why Rivera want's to work for Snyder. Del Rio is much less of a question but I feel Rivera is one of few coaches who has a more than favorable chance of righting a ship. This Washington ship is at the bottom of the sea floor, it's going to be several seasons of hitting on something, anything to be viable again. Allen is gone so that's going in the right direction I guess. 10th head coach under this Snyder regime... can't see it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    For the life of me I can't see why Rivera want's to work for Snyder. Del Rio is much less of a question but I feel Rivera is one of few coaches who has a more than favorable chance of righting a ship. This Washington ship is at the bottom of the sea floor, it's going to be several seasons of hitting on something, anything to be viable again. Allen is gone so that's going in the right direction I guess. 10th head coach under this Snyder regime... can't see it.
    Perhaps Rivera wasn't willing to wait for other head coaching vacancies to open. I'm sure he was well aware of what a clown show the Deadskins were, if he wasn't, he'll find out pretty damn fast. To be honest, I'm glad Rivera went to D.C., as an Eagles fan, I didn't want a coach of his pedigree resurrecting Dallas and turning them into a force, so I'm relieved Jerry Jones didn't ax Jason Garrett (a.k.a. the Ginger Clapper) right away and snatched up Rivera before Washington did.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly the Browns want to try and do a Kansas City. If anyone remembers Clark Hunt hired Andy Reid 1st and he pushed them towards getting Dorsey so he could work alongside someone he knew. But its hard to find a coach who can handle personal on the field as well as Reid .

Plus the Browns have failed to hit on a variety of coaches and GM's the last decade. Them listening to a MLB "Moneyball" guy in looking for both is what is kind of stupid right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Even these Brownies are gonna have to kick up the dysfunction a notch then, cause, ya know, Patricia. Count 'em, 6 of your 'guys'.

Statement from Lions head coach Matt Patricia
    “Today, our organization parted ways with

1)John Bonamego,
    2)Al Golden,
    3)Rodney Hill,
    4)Harold Nash,
    5)Brian Stewart
    6)and Chris White. These decisions are never easy and I’m thankful for the effort these men gave our team.
    https://www.detroitlions.com/news/st...-matt-patricia
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.