Page 128 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2317

Predictions for Wild Card Weekend

The Texans will beat the Bills. The Texans are at home and have more playoff experience. The Bills are just happy to make the playoffs.
    The Titans will upset the Patriots. The Titans routed the Patriots in a game last year, and these Patriots are worse than last year's team. If the Patriots can lose at home to the Dolphins, then they can lose this game.
    The Saints will beat the Vikings. The Vikings are formidable, but the Saints are at home. This will be the best game of the four.
    The Eagles will upset the Seahawks. The Seahawks are just as beat up as the Eagles, the Eagles are at home, and their offense is playing better than when they last played Seattle.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My predictions, make of them as you will....

AFC
    Texans 20, Bills 13: Houston has the playoff experience, and while Buffalo's defense will make things plenty rough on Deshaun Watson, he'll put up just enough points to win.
    Patriots 23, Titans 20: Sure, New England is only a shell of themselves, but counting out Darth Hoodie and Tom Terrific is a fool's errand. It'll be ugly, but the Pats will squeak past Tennessee.

NFC
    Saints 38, Vikings 17: This might be the most dangerous Saints team in years, moreso than the Super Bowl winner from 2010. Short and sweet, Minnesota can't hang and will get blown away.
    Eagles 28, Seahawks 20: Carson Wentz and the Replacements finished the regular season on a four game roll, and it'll continue at the expense of a banged up Seattle squad.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

SEA beats PHI.
    MIN beats NO.
    BUF beasts HOU.
    NE beats TEN.

SEA beats GB.
    SF beats MIN.
    NE beats KC.
    BUF beats BAL.

Setting up TWO all division conference championships!

NE vs. BUF

&

SEA vs. SF.

That's my crazy playoff scenario.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Patriots, Minnesota, Buffalo and Philly move on this weekend

Texans and Titans are both formidable, but Houston pretty much always finds a way to choke in the playoffs and the Patriots won't lose twice in a row at home. Philly and Minnesota have both constantly overachieved this year and I think that will get them past the first round of the playoffs. But probably not farther than that.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-02-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Wildcard Weekend.
    AFC
    Buffalo @ Houston - BILLS. Houston don't know how to win. For any rhythm I feel Houston has, the Bills are better at what they do which is defend. 2nd best match-up.
    Tacks @ N.E. - ............................................. Ugh, C'mon Tennessee. NE is bleeding in the woods and if Vrabel can't jump on this...

NFC
    Vikings @ Saints - Saints roll
    Hawks @ Philly - Scrappy MF'n DOGS... Gimmie the Eagles, this will be the best game of the weekend.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

RIP To former Bucs and Bengals Coach, Sam Wyche. He was 74. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-wyche-dies-74

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Wyche had a real good sense of humor too . If anyone doesn't remember Wyche in 1994 was on the hot seat in Tampa Bay and knew he was going to be fired at seasons end.

At the time during the season everyone was wondering where Jimmy Johnson would go next as HC. Every rumor had him wanting to stay around Florida and only 2 teams existed then that had people thinking. One waa Miami but had the legendary Don Shula as HC and then Tampa with Wyche.

During the week before a team meeting all the players sit as the GM came in and told the players Wyche had been let go. He had already hired a new coach the rest of the year and out walked Jimmy Johnson in full Tampa gear.

The players did a WTF as Johnson did a small speech and out came Wyche laughing as both men started laughing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

ESPN is reporting that The Cowboys will be officially parting ways with Jason Garrett. The meeting scheduled for today did not take place and Garrett will have no role with the team moving forward (there was some speculation they might move him into the front office in some capacity but that's not happening).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    ESPN is reporting that The Cowboys will be officially parting ways with Jason Garrett. The meeting scheduled for today did not take place and Garrett will have no role with the team moving forward (there was some speculation they might move him into the front office in some capacity but that's not happening).

-M
    This will be the 1st time in 13 seasons the team has started looking for a Head Coach. Garrett is drawing interest from other teams so i can see why he would not be into a front office position.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

-M
    And thus, Jerrah's hunt for a new Pinocchio to be the puppet master on begins...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

-M
    Front office capacity? To do what? Be Jerry's valet during the week, then serve him snacks and drinks on gameday? Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And thus, Jerrah's hunt for a new Pinocchio to be the puppet master on begins...
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Front office capacity? To do what? Be Jerry's valet during the week, then serve him snacks and drinks on gameday? Give me a break!
    Its amazing that ole Jerry has had 2 of the greatest coaches the last 30+ years and he drove each of them off because of his own ego. That he had Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells and the fucking ego of his wouldn't let those guys be the GM and run the team fully. Nope...ole Jerrah gotta be in charge.

I remember watching a 30 for 30 or something about the downfall of Dallas in the 1990's. Aikman I believe claimed the team if Jerry had controlled himself and not had an ego over how Jimmy was getting credit as Coach/GM then they could have won 4-5 Super Bowls in the 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its amazing that ole Jerry has had 2 of the greatest coaches the last 30+ years and he drove each of them off because of his own ego. That he had Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells and the fucking ego of his wouldn't let those guys be the GM and run the team fully. Nope...ole Jerrah gotta be in charge.

I remember watching a 30 for 30 or something about the downfall of Dallas in the 1990's. Aikman I believe claimed the team if Jerry had controlled himself and not had an ego over how Jimmy was getting credit as Coach/GM then they could have won 4-5 Super Bowls in the 1990's.
    As bad as Jerry was back then, he's even worse today, and, pushing 80, he's too damn old to learn any new tricks. It's ALL got to be about him, that's why he kept Garrett around for as long as he had, despite not having won **** in the postseason, he was a compliant puppet willing to let Jerry boss him around. No pro coach with any bonafides or track record of success will become Jones' next sideline yes man, so he'll have no choice but to dip into the college ranks for Garrett's replacement.

Yah, but Jerrah also had the chutzpuh to oust Landry, which is what led to those Super Bowls by Johnson in the first place. Then Switzer got one more. If a big ego is the tradeoff for three Super Bowls in that short of a timeframe, lots of teams would take it.

It is weird how long he has stuck it out with Garrett. Makes me wonder about the backstory there. Did Jerrah feel like he owed him one, for some reason?
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-03-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Everyone seems to think Darth Hoodie is on his way out of NE and heading to Dallas. And that TB12 is retiring.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium