Page 129 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2317
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Everyone seems to think Darth Hoodie is on his way out of NE and heading to Dallas. And that TB12 is retiring.
    Sure. And I'll be shacking up with Beyoncé tonight. Where DO stupid rumors like those come from?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Everyone seems to think Darth Hoodie is on his way out of NE and heading to Dallas. And that TB12 is retiring.
    No way Bilicheck gives up the kind of power he has with The Pats to play for Jerry.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Why would Bill walk on an owner who interferes very little with football operations - Kraft's main fault is pulling the trigger to early on very bad seeds (from a contract perspective, not a PR one) - to go to a guy who can't stop trying to overrule his head coach. Belichick's mentor is one of the people Jerrah ran out of town by forcing a chemistry destroying malcontent onto the team.

I doubt Brady is going to leave either, but at least there is more of a 'there' there, plus the one thing Manning still has over him for legacy purposes is winning a Superbowl with a second team. But Brady's window is rapidly closing, if not already shut (although I wouldn't bet on that).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Brady could win a Super Bowl with a team like the Bears, who have a good defense and ostensibly good enough offensive parts. But they'd need to shore up the old offensive line. If he went to the AFC, it would be pretty funny if he went to the Broncos like Manning did.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Who is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Who is everyone?
    Good ol' Skip for starters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQwVR4-aaA
    Skip on Bill.

Then you have Texas news jumping in on it, too.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...238908828.html
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-03-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to NFL.com a coaching candidate that Dallas maybe eying is Minnesota's Mike Zimmer. A former Cowboys defensive coach.

The Vikings today claimed they plan to keep Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman for the future past 2020.

The only way Dallas could get Zimmer is if they trade draft picks for him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Good ol' Skip for starters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQwVR4-aaA
    Skip on Bill.

Then you have Texas news jumping in on it, too.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...238908828.html
    The only stuff I can find online seems to come from Skip and Skip's an idiot, so...

Skip's full of s***. Often. And repeatedly.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Skip hasn't said anything worth listening to since he left ESPN, which happened after several years of him not saying anything worth listening to while at ESPN. I'll say one thing for him, he's consistent; consistently running his mouth and never saying anything worth listening too.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Now, in rumors from this off-season that are much more likely to have some weight behind them...

Arizona wants to resign Kenyan Drake, who they traded for mid-season from the Dolphins, and quickly became the new #1 RB in Kliff Kingsbury's offense.

So what about former Fantasy darling David Johnson?

And as the season wound down in Arizona and Drake was producing, calls on local sports radio increased to trade David Johnson, if a buyer could be found for him. However, given that he no longer looks like one of the top RBs in the league since he signed a big deal after his rookie contract... who would take him at his salary for the 2021 season?

The biggest rumor is... the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, because Arizona's former coach, Bruce Arians, utilized David Johnson to his fullest potential his first two years in the league, prior to his injuries getting the best of him, and Arians thinks he can revitalize his career. Tampa Bay's GM, Jason Licht was in Arizona before he was hired in Tampa, and had eyes on David Johnson when he was still at Northern Iowa.

The only question is... what's he worth at this point? I'm thinking a mid-round pick, and Arizona still might have to pay some cash so the Bucs would take on the contract.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Cowboys have reportedly met with Marv Lewis and are meeting with Mike McCarthy today. I wonder what kind of culture shock it would be for Lewis to go form cheapskate owner Mike Brown to the excess of Jerry Jones?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    ALWAYS not often.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Cowboys have reportedly met with Marv Lewis and are meeting with Mike McCarthy today. I wonder what kind of culture shock it would be for Lewis to go form cheapskate owner Mike Brown to the excess of Jerry Jones?

-M
    Lewis would think he’d died and gone to heaven.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lewis did a good job of rebuilding The Bengals. But he could never take them to the next level. I dont know if that is because of his failings as a coach or because of Mike Brown. But the truth is Brown gave Lewis more power then any coach had in Cincy in years. I dont know if Lewis would do good with Dallas. Dallas needs a strong coach to counter Jones but I dont think Lewis has that in him. Or that Jones would let him have that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.