Page 136 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2317
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News

- It was revealed by New England that Tom Brady through December battled through a couple injuries to keep playing. He was suffering a tennis elbow injury and also a foot injury that hampered him.

- The LA Rams informed Wade Phillips (Defensive Coordinator) that they would not be renewing his contract , cutting him loose. Phillips defense actually improved on last years numbers all while the Rams traded away 2 starting CB's , losing a LB and incorporating a new CB into the system. But 2 big blow out losses made letting him go happen. Phillips has claimed he plans to coach in 2020.

- Tau Tagovalia has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

- Cleveland has contacted Philadelphia to get permission to interview Jim Schwartz (DC) for their head coaching position. The Browns have had a big tour of coaches and have already spoken with Eric Bieniemy, Brian Daboll, Josh McDaniels, Greg Roman, Robert Saleh and Kevin Stefanski. They also had interviews with Mike McCarthy before he was hired as coach of the Cowboys. The team is also tied to rumors they could be looking at Dennis Allen and Urban Meyer.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Tua Tagovalia has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.
    Already hearing a lot of Tua talk. Because of the injury history he's had over the past year and a half, and the incredible talent he's shown when he's healthy... well, he's likely going to be the 2nd QB taken behind Joe Burrow, who's widely believed to be going at #1.

So, from #2 on down... who's picking, and who needs a QB? Or who might be moving up to make sure they get him? There's a lot of potential for drama at the draft this year (and I'm not saying every team that needs a QB will take one when they pick, because there's not enough quality QBs to justify it... but there's gonna be a lot of people jockeying for Tua and Herbert)...

#2- Washington R******s. - Washington is in the cat bird's seat... they don't need a QB, and they want to take LB Chase Young, who's arguably the best player in college football this year to help fix their defense. So the question is... how good is their poker face? They've got a lot of teams looking up at them who are going to be hungry for a signal caller, and Washington might see the team at #3 give up a pick or two just to move up and make sure they get Tua, if Washington's front office can convince them that someone further down is trying to jump ahead of them.

#3- (Detroit Lions) The Lions are at #3, and has an aging Matt Stafford at might be looking at Tua as their next franchise QB. However, he might not be there if Detroit waits... because there are a hell of a lot of teams further down with designs on Tua. Worst case scenario, if they let someone else jump ahead of them in case they're scared the Lions take Tua... Detroit only gets a shot at Chase Young, or one of the other best players at their position in the draft. (For all we know, they'll take Jerry Jeudy, because of course the Lions would blow a top 5 pick on a WR.)

#4- New York Giants- They still believe in Daniel Jones. The giants also need help EVERYWHERE ELSE, in theory, except WR and RB, where they have a bunch of guys coming off injuries, and Saquon Barkley. Getting the best OL in the draft or anything to help their defense is gonna be what happens here.

#5- (Miami Dolphins)- The Dolphins have a ton of draft picks saved up from their fire sale to send to Washington to move up if they want to. If they get even a hint that the Lions are going to take Tua at #2, they're going to get into a bidding war that they ultimately can win. Washington will only move down this far if Miami gives up most of their fire sale picks acquired in trade. Because at the moment, it's a big drop down from Tua to Justin Herbert.

#6 L.A. Chargers: They will be looking to pick a successor to Phillip Rivers. They don't have the trade capital that Miami does. They're either going to fall in love with a player here and take a QB in the 2nd round, or they're trading back for more picks if another team is in love with a player. But they need a great many things on their roster right now.

#7 Carolina Panthers: Again, QB is going to be a big concern. Cam's hurt, and when he isn't, he doesn't look like MVP Cam anymore. They need help for their defense, which has aged badly, so they're likely to stay put and take the top corner or top DT at this spot.

#8 Arizona Cardinals: QB is pretty settled with Kyler Murray right now, he had a great rookie year. This team still needs a legit speed WR as Larry Fitzgerald's career winds down, and Andy Isabella sure as hell was not that guy as a rookie. If Jerry Jeudy falls this far, the Cardinals are snagged him. If not, they could use an upgrade at one of their tackle spots, and could potentially get Michael Thomas out of Georgia to play LT, and then move D.J. Humphries back to RT. Also, they need defensive help in their front 7. At this point, I think it's Jeudy, OT, and then best player available for the defense. They're going to get a stud, though, with everyone ahead of them needing a QB.

#9- Jacksonville Jaguars We're not expecting them to give up on Nick Foles at QB yet. But Jacksonville's defense has had a lot of young talent leave in trades and free agency. If they can get a top OT to block for Fournette, that wouldn't hurt, either. Not expecting Jerry Jeudy to fall this far, but Jacksonville could use a WR other than DJ Chark. But they have a 2nd First-Rounder at #20 that they might pool together to move up and snag Tua.

#10- Cleveland Browns- I don't think they're giving up on Baker Mayfield yet. But Cleveland's got to be looking at improving the line in front of him, and if not that, they could use some help in their secondary.

#11- N.Y. Jets- Sam Darnold gets a pass for another year after missing practically half this year with mono. The Jets don't even know if he's "the guy" yet or not. They could use O-line help.

#12- Las Vegas Raiders- John Gruden's going to take a QB. He probably shouldn't but he will. He keeps fighting with Derek Carr, and I think something's got to give. Hell, they might package this pick with #19 and try and move into the Top 5 to make sure they get a QB... be it Tua or anyone else.

#13- (Indianapolis Colts) Don't know if they believe in Jacoby Brissett. They could look at QB, but they still need WRs, and T.Y. Hilton is aging fast.

#14- (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) Are they gonna quit on Jaemis? Possibly. But they're drafting in the middle of the first round, so it bears watching if they go QB, or address miserable offensive lines and defensive fronts.

#15- Denver Broncos- For whatever reason, they believe in Drew Lock. They still need better weapons for him, though, once he actually gets a full season under center. They've got to be thinking WR, TE, or RB.

#16- (Atlanta Falcons)- DEFENSE. Matt Ryan's still capable, but it's always the same story in Atlanta... their defense stinks.

#17- (Dallas Cowboys) Honestly, the Cowboys don't have major deficiencies many places, except maybe for needing a better secondary. They could take a top safety or LB at this spot.

#18- (Miami Dolphins) If they're still picking here, and didn't get Tua at #5, they kind of have to get a QB at this spot. If not, they're likely to snag a RB like Jonathon Taylor.

#19- Las Vegas Raiders- John Gruden will take a 2nd QB here. Watch, he'll prove me wrong and Mark Davis will talk him into getting a kicker.

#20- (Jacksonville Jaguars)- The Jags still need that defense to get repaired before it falls apart. If they don't pool this pick, they're still gonna look at a top CB to replace Jalen Ramsey.

#21- (Philadelphia Eagles)- Line depth or pass-rush is my prediction. Maybe a safety if they don't resign Malcolm Jenkins.

#22- (Buffalo Bills)- Josh Allen doesn't suck. Their defense is Top 5. Honestly, if Jonathon Taylor is still here, it wouldn't be crazy to take him. Otherwise, a TE or OL.

#23- (New England Patriots)- They're gonna take a QB. If people get freaked out by Tua's injury history and he starts dropping in the 1st round, I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats move up and take a chance on him. I doubt that happens. They might settle for Jake Fromm or Jacob Eason. Or trade back for more picks and take a QB in the second round, because that's very typical of New England. But this is the highest they've picked in over a decade.

#24- (New Orleans Saints)- Again... aging QB. They need to prepare for a future without Brees, and Teddy Bridgewater might go elsewhere in 2020. The Saints don't have many other needs. They could play this similar to New England.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-07-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    #21- Philadelphia ******** Line depth or pass-rush is my prediction. Maybe a safety if they don't resign Malcolm Jenkins.
    Yeah, the Birds need help on both sides of the line, especially on offense where Jason Peters (good for a offsides call each and every game) is pushing 38 and last year's first round pick, Andre Dillard didn't at all distinguish himself. However, there's also a glaring need at wide receiver after 32 year old Desean Jackson played all of two games, Alshon Jeffery only half the season, designated whipping boy and free agent Nelson Agholor is soon to be shown the door, and second round pick JJ Arcega-Whiteside couldn't get out of his own way at times. Meanwhile, as for the situation at safety, my guess is the Birds will target one in the second round or later if Jenkins leaves.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, the Birds need help on both sides of the line, especially on offense where Jason Peters (good for a offsides call each and every game) is pushing 38 and last year's first round pick, Andre Dillard didn't at all distinguish himself. However, there's also a glaring need at wide receiver after 32 year old Desean Jackson played all of two games, Alshon Jeffery only half the season, designated whipping boy and free agent Nelson Agholor is soon to be shown the door, and second round pick JJ Arcega-Whiteside couldn't get out of his own way at times. Meanwhile, as for the situation at safety, my guess is the Birds will target one in the second round or later if Jenkins leaves.
    If CeeDee Lamb should fall to #21, the Eagles would be fools to pass on him.

Why are some of the names of teams blanked out with ***** ? Like Atlanta Falcons , Detroit Lions etc ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Why are some of the names of teams blanked out with ***** ? Like Atlanta Falcons , Detroit Lions etc ?
    I... don't know. I blanked out the team from Washington with asterisks for having a racial slur, and for whatever reason... the forum "auto-corrected" several other teams? What the?

EDIT: I sorta edited it to not having them by use of parenthesis, but... this is the weirdest glitch I've seen on CBR in some time.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-07-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Unless things change by draft day , Tua is not gonna go that high right now according to a lot of drafts . His injury history has a few teams scared off and some have projected right now he's a middle to late 1st rd pick.

Unless things change by draft day , Tua is not gonna go that high right now according to a lot of drafts . His injury history has a few teams scared off and some have projected right now he's a middle to late 1st rd pick.
    Someone's gonna pull the trigger, history or not, by #12. No way John Gruden would resist at #12. Someone's likely to jump up if he falls to #10 and #11, and I could see Cleveland or the Jets snagging more picks to move down if someone was gonna roll the dice and try to jump ahead of Gruden and the Raiders.

If CeeDee Lamb should fall to #21, the Eagles would be fools to pass on him.
    Admittedly, I don't follow college football all that much, so I had to Google Lamb. I have to say he interests me greatly.

Someone's gonna pull the trigger, history or not, by #12. No way John Gruden would resist at #12. Someone's likely to jump up if he falls to #10 and #11, and I could see Cleveland or the Jets snagging more picks to move down if someone was gonna roll the dice and try to jump ahead of Gruden and the Raiders.
    My wholly uneducated guess is that Miami takes Tua at #5. Of course, if there's wheeling and dealing on draft day, who knows what might end up happening.

Aw man, Paw-Paw got fired, again.

Wish Irsay would bring him in.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-coordinator/
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Panthers are in the process of hiring Matt Rhule from Baylor as their next head coach.

#3- (Detroit Lions) The Lions are at #3, and has an aging Matt Stafford at might be looking at Tua as their next franchise QB. However, he might not be there if Detroit waits... because there are a hell of a lot of teams further down with designs on Tua. Worst case scenario, if they let someone else jump ahead of them in case they're scared the Lions take Tua... Detroit only gets a shot at Chase Young, or one of the other best players at their position in the draft. (For all we know, they'll take Jerry Jeudy, because of course the Lions would blow a top 5 pick on a WR.)

#13- (Indianapolis Colts) Don't know if they believe in Jacoby Brissett. They could look at QB, but they still need WRs, and T.Y. Hilton is aging fast.
    Yea I don't know that a 31 year old Stafford is ready for the aging QB bracket just yet. I instinctively want to insert my Larry David Why you fire the black man clip when it comes to the Lions but so far the division as a whole has taken a couple steps forward, including the Bears to a degree and the Lions took a step back under Patricia. Then there's injuries on Stafford this past season but I don't think they would be in the QB deli line as much as everybody else. I'm definitely partial cause he's a Bulldog but he's still got game in him I think. In the true fashion of the Lions the front office will always shoulder a significant blame so whomever the GM is...(googles...Bob Quinn, huh, I have no idea who that is) well by the time Patricia is released maybe there won't be much of Stafford left but for now I feel he can still get after it. They're picking high enough to put some players together I know.

Yes, we're not even sure if Brissett is an appropriate stop gap and worse so, the Colts haven't had to sweat a QB search since the fuckin' mid 90's. We've got a top 5 O-line, pretty damn good defense, great run game and I feel the right HC is here. Colts are already in rumors of all the old bastards on the block- Rivers, Brady but the only option I'm not down on right now would be if Gruden let's Carr go, doubtful but that's a guy who we could work with for a couple years and not have a signal caller under AARP until the next young guy becomes a Colt. Too far down to get anybody on the radar so it will be one of the Clemson receiver's more than likely. For right now QB is a need but there are others in front of it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Multiple sources are reporting that Joe Judge from The Pats will be the next head coach of The Giants.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

More proof that NFL football remains the king of the TV airwaves: the ratings for this past weekend's wild card games are in, and it was the most watched opening weekend in nearly half a decade. The four games averaged 30.5 million viewers, up 7 percent from last year, topped by Eagles - Seahawks Sunday night which averaged 35.8 million. By the by, that was also the most watched show on television since last year's Super Bowl.

The Rams letting Phillips go was inevitable, I guess. He was a huge part of their success, though, especially when McVay first started. In the Super Bowl, his defense held the Patriots to just 13 points! Le Sigh. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Multiple sources are reporting that Joe Judge from The Pats will be the next head coach of The Giants.
    Rumours are that they are also looking at Jason Garrett for the OC position.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.