Page 138 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2317

The problem with McCarthy is he doesnt evolve. Teams watch the tape from his first game with Dallas and they know what he will call on the last game of the season.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    The problem with McCarthy is he doesnt evolve. Teams watch the tape from his first game with Dallas and they know what he will call on the last game of the season.
    You should see the interview he did at his house with Peter King. Dude has spent a ton of time reevaluating football and current trends in the league. Pretty impressive the R&D operation he put together from his home.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Time for the divisional round predictions:

AFC
    Ravens 20, Titans 17: This figures to be the lowest scoring game of the weekend as the defenses hold strong, but Baltimore will score just enough to win.
    Chiefs 38, Texans 35: On the other end of the spectrum is the highest scoring game as defense will be optional. Look for Kansas City to survive the shootout.

NFC
    Niners 34, Vikings 27: In a battle between Kirk Cousins and Jimmy Grabass (sorry, can't spell his name off the top of my head), I'll take San Fran in a offensive battle.
    Packers 24, Seahawks 20: Aaron Rodgers vs. Russell Wilson alone is worth the price of admission, but the Packers have home field, and that gets them the win.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-09-2020 at 04:46 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In this weeks divisional playoffs, the home team will win all four games.

Hey I was 1 for 4 last weekend, so what do I have to lose?

Titans pluck the Ravens
    Texans drill the Chiefs
    Vikings pillage the Niners (Vikes could be the team of destiny this year)
    Packers can the Seahawks
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Let's make it wild.

Titans, Texans, Vikings, Seahawks.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Its worse than that. ESPN radio was interviewing a former linebacker who played for the Packers around 2010. He talked about how even as late as 2017, seven years after he'd been with the Packers, he could watch a Packers game and know immediately what they were going to run because it hadn't changed at all since he played for them. Which means any team with tape, i.e all of them, could learn the Packers plays with ease. The only thing that saved them was how great Aaron Rodgers.

A day after Doug Pederson indicated they would remain with the team, The Philadelphia Eagles announced Thursday they have parted ways with offensive coordinator Mike Groh and wide receivers coach Carson Walch.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Divisional Weekend AKA We'd like to thank the AFC South for playing please accept these lovely parting gifts including a copy of the 2019 NFL board game.

Saturday
    Minnesota/9ers/Minnesota/9ers... flips coin... Heads. Vikings

Since Lamar Jackson's rise I've been reminded of a great and prolific American songwriter by the name of, Rick Ross and his hauntingly charming 2011 melody entitled 'Tupac Back'.

Tupac back, Tupac back
    There's all these bitches screaming that Tupac back
    All Eyes On Me, better Picture Me Rollin'
    Buying brand new rims, but them bitches is stolen.
    Memories, kind of chokes me up. Give me Baltimore for the legal limit.

Sunday
    Chefs. Chefs because they have the better coach and all Billy O's wins come off the back of his talent and not the man's scheme. Either way both will be insufferable and I lose either way but I'm going with Reid.

Packers were my pick early on to rep the NFC in Miami and I'm stuck with them even though this maybe a closer battle that I'd have thought. Seattle defense has really came on as of late and I can see them outworking the Pack D but I'm sticking with my prediction.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Apparently Eagles QB Josh McCown played the entire second half of their playoff loss to Seattle with a torn hamstring. He suffered the injury in the 2nd quarter but there were no other QBs available, so he finished the game playing on it. He is scheduled to have surgery to repair it Tuesday and it will take 6 months to recover, so his availability for next season might be in question.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Apparently Eagles QB Josh McCown played the entire second half of their playoff loss to Seattle with a torn hamstring. He suffered the injury in the 2nd quarter but there were no other QBs available, so he finished the game playing on it. He is scheduled to have surgery to repair it Tuesday and it will take 6 months to recover, so his availability for next season might be in question.

-M
    Old guys rock.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

-M
    Brady played injured and lost.

Brees played injured and lost.

McCown played injured and lost.

Not a good playoff for 40-year-old QBs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Brady played injured and lost.

Brees played injured and lost.

McCown played injured and lost.

Not a good playoff for 40-year-old QBs.
    How little faith did those two teams have in the backups that they preferred the injured starter to the not injured backup? At least McCown's backup was literally no one at that point.
    Dark does not mean deep.

-M
    He was visibly limping throughout most of the second half and still tried to outrun Clowney towards the goal line. Failed but damn if the fortitude wasn't front and center out there. Not every player that probably had his most memorable moment happen in the last pro game of his life. Shoutout to him.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How little faith did those two teams have in the backups that they preferred the injured starter to the not injured backup? At least McCown's backup was literally no one at that point.
    An injured Brady and Brees is better than all but 5 teams current starters.

The only other player I'd take injured in game over a backup is Rodgers, who won 2 almost 3 playoffs games on one leg to take the Packers one game from the Super Bowl.