Page 28 of 155 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    3rd level. Vikings sideline between the 10 and 20 yards lines, near west end zone.
    I hope you have a good time!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Dolphins to go with Rosen next Sunday, also picked up Taco.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...sen-add-taco-d

They have to look like they aren't tanking. Wouldn't it be funny if Rosen turned out to be a really good QB. Not that they have the team to win , but if they are tanking to pick up Tua or another prospect and Rosen turns out to be just as good. Then they have screwed their team for no reason.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

They have to look like they aren't tanking. Wouldn't it be funny if Rosen turned out to be a really good QB. Not that they have the team to win , but if they are tanking to pick up Tua or another prospect and Rosen turns out to be just as good. Then they have screwed their team for no reason.
    I'm sure they would love if Rosen works out. Because they have , what 5 or 6 1st rd picks in the next 2 drafts ? They can approach going in and drafting top impact starters on offense and defense.

They don't have to worry about breaking in yet another QB and going through that process if Rosen works out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There are three rules changes that I want:

1. No punting from inside the 40 yard line.
    2. No FG attempts from inside the 5 yard line.
    3. If a team is trailing by 7 points with under two minutes to play, and they score a TD, they must go for two instead of an extra point. If a team is trailing by three points, they must go for the TD instead of a FG. Play for the win, not the tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    There are three rules changes that I want:

1. No punting from inside the 40 yard line.
    2. No FG attempts from inside the 5 yard line.
    3. If a team is trailing by 7 points with under two minutes to play, and they score a TD, they must go for two instead of an extra point. If a team is trailing by three points, they must go for the TD instead of a FG. Play for the win, not the tie.
    The only real change I want is the OT rules in playoffs. That if the 1st team scores a TD , the other team doesn't get a chance. I'd change that it keeps going til a team holds and can't score. And its not just because KC lost that way in OT either. This has been a few seasons of it and some have brought up changing this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

It appears that Jacksonville may possibly hold onto Jalen Ramsay as the Jaguars owner has said he would make Ramsey the highest paid CB in the league. Given that he likes him and could convince the GM and Coach to hold onto him. But its a wait and see situation and today could see teams offer a big bounty. (some are estimating Jacksonville wants at least 2 , 1st rd picks for Ramsey)

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Miami could logically with starting Rosen now , see if he's worth it. See if they should stick with him and get him pieces to add to the roster around him offensively. If he's not the next 14 games then they can move on and draft that franchise QB and rebuild the team. But its a risky deal , their GM has to do what Dorsey has and hit on draft picks.
    As the guy on this forum who's probably seen more of Josh Rosen than anyone else...

With the talent around him, I don't see him doing any better than he did in Arizona last year.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    As the guy on this forum who's probably seen more of Josh Rosen than anyone else...

With the talent around him, I don't see him doing any better than he did in Arizona last year.
    I don't either and he's really came into a **** situation really as a QB. He was supposed to sit a year in Arizona , was pushed into a bad situation and played like a typical rookie QB with growing pains with a bad team. Then he gets gave up on after a year and gets moved to a worse situation.

I will pull for Rosen. He deserves better than what he's been forced into as we have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

They didn't screw the team.

Even if they hadn't traded away the parts they did this is a team that would have finished their typical 6-9 to 9-7 with it being more likely 6-9.

They had a lot of bad contracts they've gotten rid of.

With Rosen its a win win no matter what even if they draft a QB next year. Best case scenario its like when the Chargers drafted Phillip Rivers but already had Drew Brees on the team. Only here the Dolphins could trade away Rosen for more picks. Worst case if Rosen doesn't show he's capable of being a star is that they have him for cheap for four more years as a backup as the Cardinals paid his signing bonus.

Only possible fail with Rosen is if he develops bad habits due to running for his life behind the shaky line. Its the same thing that destroyed other promising QB's like David Carr and Tim Couch.

Patriots have released Antonio Brown.

That's a wrap on this dude.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

And New England has cut Antonio Brown deciding he's not worth keeping due to the League investigating text messages now that Brown sent possibly threatening the other lady who came forward. Her lawyer has asked the league to investigate these messages sent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-text-messages

He's just the dumbest athlete alive. Isn't this the same person whom, when she came forward specifically stated she would not pursue any charges or monetary compensation at all, but was just supporting the story of the first woman? So you try and smear and intimidate her by texting about her money woes?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Patriots have released Antonio Brown.

That's a wrap on this dude.
    The general view in the NFL is that if Bill can't keep you on the right path no one can. Moss sounded like a koolaid drinker when he was on the team, Gordon seems to be trying to fight his issues, so if Brown is acting like this so soon after signing....well, he seems to be past learning.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And New England has cut Antonio Brown deciding he's not worth keeping due to the League investigating text messages now that Brown sent possibly threatening the other lady who came forward. Her lawyer has asked the league to investigate these messages sent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-text-messages
    And a bunch of Fantasy owners who don't mind rooting for a douche-canoe if it helps them win all scream out at once.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And a bunch of Fantasy owners who don't mind rooting for a douche-canoe if it helps them win all scream out at once.
    I was hoping he'd shape up and end up a great player who was moving away from past idiocy. Apparently in vain, it seems. He has no one to blame but himself for where he is now, even if he never will.
    Dark does not mean deep.