Page 29 of 155 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Im feeling a little good right now that AB has been cut
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

By cutting him before he was on the team long... New England is avoiding paying him most of the bonuses he would have had if he'd played the whole season for them.

Effectively, they got him on a one game rental for about $150-200K and got a TD out of it in a division game.

Mind you, it was against the Dolphins, and they don't need the help.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Patriots didn't need AB and he proved he couldn't keep his head down and not add fuel to the story. Even if he was innocent he did himself a massive disservice by texting one of his accusers and putting her kids into it.

AB went from 30 million guaranteed, to 9 million guaranteed, to likely only seeing less than 200k this season.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    By cutting him before he was on the team long... New England is avoiding paying him most of the bonuses he would have had if he'd played the whole season for them.

Effectively, they got him on a one game rental for about $150-200K and got a TD out of it in a division game.

Mind you, it was against the Dolphins, and they don't need the help.
    I look at it as a low risk/high reward trial period. Bad players have shaped up in New England before, since the locker room culture is so well established there. In the end Brown proved he is who his detractors thought he was, and no amount of better environment was going to change that, so Belichick cut him loose before any real damage could be done. It hurts the top of the WR receiver position on the roster, but there is enough excellent depth there that it shouldn't hurt too much.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He's just the dumbest athlete alive. Isn't this the same person whom, when she came forward specifically stated she would not pursue any charges or monetary compensation at all, but was just supporting the story of the first woman? So you try and smear and intimidate her by texting about her money woes?
    Yup. He harrassed a woman who was not going to pursue any legal action against him.

Extraordinary Member

And a bunch of Fantasy owners who don't mind rooting for a douche-canoe if it helps them win all scream out at once.
    Tbf I have him on fantasy but I said after the allegation that the team would be wise to cut him or be cool with him on the exempt list. Once he went to the Pats his fantasy value tanked anyways, you can't predict consistency from anyone on a team that loaded on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I look at it as a low risk/high reward trial period. Bad players have shaped up in New England before, since the locker room culture is so well established there. In the end Brown proved he is who his detractors thought he was, and no amount of better environment was going to change that, so Belichick cut him loose before any real damage could be done. It hurts the top of the WR receiver position on the roster, but there is enough excellent depth there that it shouldn't hurt too much.
    New England likely saw a lengthy suspension about to drop, and decided to not lose the roster spot, as well. The latest news about Brown threatening his accusers weren't going to have Goodell sitting on his thumbs much longer.

By the by, the Panthers have confirmed that Cam Newton will miss Sunday's game at Arizona. Bruce Irvin is also out for Carolina, and Kawann Short and Greg Olson are both questionable. Kyle Allen won a game last year against the Saints' second string in a meaningless finale... this game is far more of a road test against Kyler Murray, his one-time college teammate, and the Cardinals.

I'm expecting Arizona to move to 1-1-1 and the Panthers to drop to 0-3.

Extraordinary Member

New England likely saw a lengthy suspension about to drop, and decided to not lose the roster spot, as well. The latest news about Brown threatening his accusers weren't going to have Goodell sitting on his thumbs much longer.
    They had an out because he didn't disclose that he had a rape allegation he was in legal talks with that could result in a public trial and he just harrassed the accuser. They cut him right before they'd be on the hook for serious money and got to get out of it fast.

Realistically, Goodell is happy now. He doesn't have to rush anything and make any difficult decisions and any potential suitors (if they exist) are going to be worried about paying him and then having him go right on the exemption list.

Welcome to the party NE fans. Seriously, how long before this guy is broke himself, if ever. I mean he spent half a million on the stupid Muhammad Ali pendent of his, "Float like a butterfly sting like AB." (Do you guys get it? It's a pun.) But, he also is on the record saying he doesn't need football because he has already made enough money. So I guess we will see.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Patriots have released Antonio Brown.

That's a wrap on this dude.
    If Darth Hoodie and the Evil Empire has no use for you, then you’re screwed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I didn't think they needed him in the first place. I mean, sure happy they added another weapon when they did but after all the stuff came out about him, I'm glad the Patriots cut bait.

At least this way when he kills someone (and I do think that's going to happen the way he's going) he won't be on the team.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Moving on from the Brown saga , Mason Rudolph will get a big challenge his 1st start . He has to play a loaded 49ers defense. Also hes getting a rookie WR making his 1st start as well.

One coach claimed Rudolph could surprise some people this season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I heard some news from a former ESPN producer saying that Jalen was going to get traded to the cheifs....but alas nothing has come out of it....yet

Though as of right now Im thinking the Jags will keep him
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I heard some news from a former ESPN producer saying that Jalen was going to get traded to the cheifs....but alas nothing has come out of it....yet

Though as of right now Im thinking the Jags will keep him
    It's been reported the Jags prefer to keep him. Also the price is too high for most teams. Jalen also won't force his way out of a contract according to reporters with sources in his inner circle.