Page 34 of 155 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Kyler took a step back in the 2nd half yesterday, no doubt. Arizona's offensive line is giving him no time at all, and he can't check past his first read without having to start running for his life. Sometimes, he doesn't even get three seconds for that first read. Kyler threw for 2 TDs and 2 INTs, which isn't the worst rookie QB performance I've ever seen, but it's definitely Kyler's worst performance.

Still, AZ losing to Carolina at home with an undrafted QB playing them throwing for 4 TDs... it's on Vance Joseph's defense. They gave up 188 total yards to Christian McCaffrey. Greg Olson was left open all damned day to lumber for extra yards and 2 TDs. Other than Chandler Jones, the other 11 guys on the Cardinals defense got rolled over.

I know teams like to copy ideas other teams use like the Cardinals saw what KC was doing and thought they could do the same concepts with Murray and the coach they have. Its just ..it took Reid 3-4 seasons to assemble the speed players needed for it to happen. He also had to sit a QB a season to watch and learn awhile. Its like the Cardinals decided that they would have that within a season and proclaimed that Murray would be that star asap.

Honestly they should have set Murray at least half the season , fixed the offensive line and got the system in place.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

49ers committed 5 turnovers, and ended up -3 in the margin, yet still won. The game against the Steelers should have been a blowout, but they kept shooting themselves in the foot. The defense stepped up though, and managed to hold the Steelers to 6 points off of all those turnovers. Defensive lineman Erik Armstead is finally playing his best ball of his career when it looked like he was a lost cause. 49ers will want to pay him, but I don't know if it will happen. Also, Jimmy G played an excellent game. The box score will show two interceptions attributed to him, but both weren't his fault as his receivers couldn't secure their hands on passes they should have caught. Jimmy was only hit twice in the first two games, but he was hit eight times against the Steelers, and coincidentally, played his best game of the season. Just like in that 5 game stretch in 2017 when the line was ass, and he was getting hit on what seemed like every passing snap per game, he played amazing. Weird how the more he gets hit, the better he plays apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I know the NFL guys are desperate to create "star" QB's in the league with Brees and Brady getting close to retirement. But for fucks sake ...Baker Mayfield hasn't even been to the playoffs yet. Him acting like he's a superstar who can have a huge ego is insane to watch. Yes he had a great rookie season and he perhaps was the best a young Browns QB has ever played since they returned. But acting like your hot **** after going 7-8-1 as a record is crazy. Even Mahomes doesn't do this act. And that guy literally rewrote passing records last season and won NFL MVP award (and people think he could legit repeat if he continues).

Its the same way Arizona's GM was crowing that Kyler Murray was a generational talent before he even started a regular season game. Which is unfair to put that pressure on Murray on a team that struggled in 2018 as we saw. Yet here was the GM acting like Murray was hot **** before he even took a damn snap of regular season play.

I am so fucking glad Andy Reid never did that. Hell Reid was very close to the vest on Mahomes. Saying , ok he could be good. We could see something special maybe. He never proclaimed Mahomes was gonna be a generational talent or let the kid believe he was the hottest **** on Earth.

So people slow your fucking roll here. Baker Mayfield maybe special but he's not proven anything beyond a decent rookie season. Someone tell him this. Someone tell the Cardinals GM Kyler Murray is a rookie QB and could struggle. Both could be huge stars at some point but proclaiming greatness before its a set fact is silly.
    This narrative could go either way depending on how you look at it. Baker could be seen by some as a guy that has a lot of confidence, and if he doesn't have that attitude he shouldn't be starting. Or he could be seen as someone who needs a reality check, and should be more reserved. To me it doesn't really matter. I've seen guys that are reserved, and it doesn't do them any favors as far as being a better player on the field. I've also seen guys talk mad trash, and they were able to back it up even before they had accomplished anything noteworthy. Pro athletes can be a different breed. No matter how you act, as long as you produce it doesn't matter. Non-story really.

A number of analysts picked Baltimore to beat KC today. That Lamar Jackson would lead them to a win. Well KC missing 2-3 offensive line players and no Tyreek Hill beat the Ravens. As one buddy joked with me , no one factors in the Mahomes factor. That he seemingly can WILL the team to victory.
    Mahomes was good like usual but the Chiefs O-Line basically moved the Ravens around at will on running plays. Reid coached a phenomenal game, I thought, his play calling on offense made up for the Chiefs kind of lackluster defense.

Classic Reid, too, just enough to win.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-23-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Big proof of this is tonight's game. It was brought up by Collingsworth that Cleveland was running the same defensive formations that the Patriots ran in Super Bowl. Which for a good while held the Rams offense in check as we saw. They obviously saw the video on how to handle the Rams offense.

Years earlier in mid 2000's after Michael Vick had a hot year , he ran into New England. Its there Belichick came up with a defensive game plan every team followed soon after and dismantled Vick more or less. Every team seemingly copied that defense against Vick and given how he wouldn't work on things and believed in his athletic gifts ...well its no shock his career started to go down.
    Uhhh...when was this game? He played as a rookie a few snaps against the Patriots in 2001, but not much, and wasn't coming off a "hot year". He faced the Patriots in 2005, but Matt Schaub started that game. Vick was out of football until 2010, and never played against New England again. You must be mistaken. The Belichick big fish stories continue.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-23-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Now that Tony Brown is out spectacularly of the running for the biggest & baddest wideout currently in the league picture, I'm glad to see the mantle go back to Julio Jones. Maybe it never left him, he looked like a teenager playing neighborhood ball with a bunch of 5th graders against the Colts yesterday. It was always between Jones and Green for me but that dude Julio Jones is a generational talent.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    This narrative could go either way depending on how you look at it. Baker could be seen by some as a guy that has a lot of confidence, and if he doesn't have that attitude he shouldn't be starting. Or he could be seen as someone who needs a reality check, and should be more reserved. To me it doesn't really matter. I've seen guys that are reserved, and it doesn't do them any favors as far as being a better player on the field. I've also seen guys talk mad trash, and they were able to back it up even before they had accomplished anything noteworthy. Pro athletes can be a different breed. No matter how you act, as long as you produce it doesn't matter. Non-story really.
    There is trash talking once you achieve something and trash talking if you do a little and believe your own ****. Its what makes the Mayfield stuff so silly , he had a solid rookie season for a Browns QB. But acting like your a superstar and well , your not there yet is what can be silly. Several players who did this and didn't achieve anything long lasting went down the tubes quick. Because the egos out weighed the results they gave. Also its not like Mayfield has had a great early part of the season. In 2 of the games he's been middle of the road at best in 2019.

The guy in your avatar never acted like he was hot ****. In fact Joe Montana was so cool and calm he didn't need to do it. People knew Joe Montana was the MAN because he didn't have to go out there and act like Jim McMahon (who hurt himself as I detailed in a post weeks ago where he'd throw his body at guys) . But where McMahon started to achieve success and backed it up with that , I get the sense Mayfield hasn't really yet. And his actions in locker room with Duke Johnson was a classic example. As one analyst said , he never should have went public with statements on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mahomes was good like usual but the Chiefs O-Line basically moved the Ravens around at will on running plays. Reid coached a phenomenal game, I thought, his play calling on offense made up for the Chiefs kind of lackluster defense.

Classic Reid, too, just enough to win.
    Normally Reid would have called a typical run play. A fact that Mahomes told Reid , lets go for the kill. And Reid agreed on doing it. Mahomes joked he's constantly pushing Reid to go for it on 4th down comically said the coach has to bring him down and tell him at times its not a good idea. Here in this case Reid was like ...DO IT . So they did that screen pass.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Uhhh...when was this game? He played as a rookie a few snaps against the Patriots in 2001, but not much, and wasn't coming off a "hot year". He faced the Patriots in 2005, but Matt Schaub started that game. Vick was out of football until 2010, and never played against New England again. You must be mistaken. The Belichick big fish stories continue.
    Actually your right. In scrolling through games I have to think it was actually the great Jim Johnson who coached the Eagles defense. His use of blitzes to keep teams off balance seemed to be what teams followed after that NFC Championship game against the Falcons. So I was wrong giving credit to Belichick. But it seems the late Jim Johnson was the guy who diagnosed how to beat Michael Vick.

Also its sad but Reid clearly backed Johnson to the hilt and let him basically run the defense as he saw fit. Reid had him be made the highest paid defensive coach in the league and his defenses ranked so high. Had he not passed in 2009 , he'd be with Kansas City right now more than likely.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yesterday was an absolute dumpster fire for my 1-2 Eagles in a 27-24 home loss to Detroit. Seven dropped passes, two lost fumbles by rookie RB Miles Sanders, an inconsistent offense with WR's Desean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery out with injuries, a nonexistent pass rush (three weeks in and we only have two sacks total) and fuckups on special teams including giving up a 100 yard kick return and a costly penalty on a blocked field goal attempt at the end of the game. And things don't get any better thanks to a quick turnaround for a Thursday night game in Green Bay. While it's idiotic to call a week four game a must win, but with Dallas at 3-0, we can't afford to fall any further behind.

Addendum: When the schedule first came out, I had the Birds 2-2 at the quarter pole since they rarely win in domes (Atlanta) and almost never at Lambeau, but I had the Detroit game in-between as a win. Damned frustrating.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-23-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Actually I heard wrong , the screen pass was a prepared play they had planned awhile and they decided to pull it out to get the win. But the comment about playing it safe .."I'd go for it every single time..."

In coming back to the game the Cowboys defensive line has owned the offensive line of the Dolphins. One announcer has said Robert Quinn has owned the right side almost all day as Rosen has had to run for his life. This game is pretty much done as the Cowboys can run the last 4 minutes off , but well its not as bad as the last 2 weeks were for the Dolphins. They can take some of what we saw as positives into week 3.

- The offense stayed on the field longer , allowing the defense to rest.

- Some players actually managed to catch the ball.

Rosen is still a rookie work in progress. Players are still dropping passes they should clearly have caught. The offensive line is a mess as Ware has 2-3 sacks and Quinn had 1.

The Dolphins have 9 draft picks in the 1st 2 rounds in 2020/2021 now. As announcers have brought up the Dolphins have tried business as usual for nearly 20 seasons and its not worked. That they keep being a middle of the road team. Grier and Ross (the co-GM's of the team) decided on a radical rebuild move because they wanna compete down the line. Its risky as the announcer said they have to HIT on nearly every draft pick now to make it work.
    I watched this game and Rosen actually looked decent. His completion percentage looks bad but his receivers dropped so many passes including one that was a TD pass and perhaps should have counted as a TD but the coaches chose not to challenge it (the announcers felt it would have been ruled a TD had they challenged). In the first half they also missed a field a goal and later fumbled inside the 5 yard line when they unwisely decided to take the ball out of Rosen's hands after Rosen had been moving the team well that drive. The Dolphins easily could have been up by over 10 pts in the first half.

The wheels fell off in the second half though as Dallas made adjustments to both the run game and pass rush.

Looks like Saquon Barkley will miss 4-8 weeks with a high ankle sprain, with the high end of 8 weeks being more likely. The Giants have a bye week in there, and he should be back for the last 6 games or so. This will make it tougher for Jones, as teams now don't have to worry about 8 in the box to stop Barkley. Jones did have the comeback win with Barkley on the sidelines, but moving forward, teams will have a chance to game plan without Barkley in the mix.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Panthers have ruled Cam Newton out for Game 4 next Sunday against the Texans. Rivera said they are moving forward with Kyle Allen with no timetable for Newton's return. Newton needs time and rest for his foot, and they want him to be 100% before he returns, so it is possible Newton will miss games beyond week 4.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Funniest statement from a game announcer during MNF ,"They are going up tempo to help Mitch Trubisky that way he doesn't have to think as much..."

This is a QB who is starting his 3rd season and your not wanting him to read that much coverage .

So Matt Nagy (Chicago coach) claims that he felt that they were trying to do too much and why Trubisky has struggled.

Honestly if Trubisky can't read a defense and your offense is too complicated for him in his 3rd season then things are really not going well. Not if your running a version of the west coast offense which depends on quick good reads by the QB. Because if your struggling in year #3 of it then there is issues. Because if you look at year #3 of the west coast offense usually QB's have clicked. Montana , Young , Farve , Brady etc.

Usually by year #3 you see QB's take that next step. Wentz has....hell we don't even need to mention Mahomes. Yet were not getting that from Trubisky yet.

Defense rules the day again for the Bears. Again. Formula working again. Bears D is an absolute nightmare for the Skins tonight.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.