Page 35 of 155 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Defense rules the day again for the Bears. Again. Formula working again. Bears D is an absolute nightmare for the Skins tonight.
    3-4 turnovers already for them. Mack is a fucking beast of a man who has made Jon Gruden look really bad with this trade. I am so happy he's in NFC.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

According to NFL Reports , Jalen Ramsey called in sick today and may end up calling in sick all week. Ramsey has demanded he get traded.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Buffalo had a great start and could win 9 games this year.
    The Eagles have been a big disappointment so far.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well after Miami's blowout loss it appears that a number of Dolphins players have pushed their agents to look at potential trades.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...-blowout-loss/

Seems way too whiny to me. Lions and Browns teams that got destroyed for years never had people demanding trades.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Buffalo had a great start and could win 9 games this year.
    The Eagles have been a big disappointment so far.
    To be fair to the Eagles though, they've been hit by injuries as bad as anybody. Changes things in a big way when you can't stick to your game plan you've had based on certain personnel all offseason and then they all go down at once

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yesterday was an absolute dumpster fire for my 1-2 Eagles in a 27-24 home loss to Detroit. Seven dropped passes, two lost fumbles by rookie RB Miles Sanders, an inconsistent offense with WR's Desean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery out with injuries, a nonexistent pass rush (three weeks in and we only have two sacks total) and fuckups on special teams including giving up a 100 yard kick return and a costly penalty on a blocked field goal attempt at the end of the game. And things don't get any better thanks to a quick turnaround for a Thursday night game in Green Bay. While it's idiotic to call a week four game a must win, but with Dallas at 3-0, we can't afford to fall any further behind.

Addendum: When the schedule first came out, I had the Birds 2-2 at the quarter pole since they rarely win in domes (Atlanta) and almost never at Lambeau, but I had the Detroit game in-between as a win. Damned frustrating.
    (Fellow Eagles fan) Some rough breaks for sure. Still amazed we were in the Lions game given all that happened. What we showed in the 2nd half of week 1 is I think who we will be once kinks are worked out and people get healthy. Gonna be a rough couple weeks till we get to that point though.

I'm just most amazed by the pass rush. There is too much talent on that front to not have more production.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c_e_UofU View Post
    (Fellow Eagles fan) Some rough breaks for sure. Still amazed we were in the Lions game given all that happened. What we showed in the 2nd half of week 1 is I think who we will be once kinks are worked out and people get healthy. Gonna be a rough couple weeks till we get to that point though.

I'm just most amazed by the pass rush. There is too much talent on that front to not have more production.
    Welcome! What frustrates me is that the Birds are two late game dropped touchdown passes (Nelson Agholor in Atlanta, JJ Arcega-Whiteside on Sunday) from being 3-0 despite the unholy slew of injuries and that weak ass pass rush. Dougie Fresh has to crack the whip and get the players from making dumb penalties and maybe, just maybe lean on the run game more than he has so far.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-24-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Both the Eagles and Chargers have be hit by nasty injury bugs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by c_e_UofU View Post
    Seems way too whiny to me. Lions and Browns teams that got destroyed for years never had people demanding trades.
    The Dolphins in the 1st , 2 weeks were out scored 102-10 . Those franchises weren't as bad or the people in charge this comical to get a losing record. Like trading their all-pro LB for a backup LB.

Carolina could be without Cam Newton longer than they expected. Its being reported that he could be suffering from a Lisfranc injury and that he will be missing a number of games ahead. Ron Rivera has said the team will keep Kyle Allen the starter going forward while Newton deals with this.

Arizona cut Michael Crabtree after he only had 4 catches in two games for 22 yards.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Carolina could be without Cam Newton longer than they expected. Its being reported that he could be suffering from a Lisfranc injury and that he will be missing a number of games ahead. Ron Rivera has said the team will keep Kyle Allen the starter going forward while Newton deals with this.
    DT Malik Jackson of the Eagles suffered a Lisfranc injury and was lost for the season. Of course, there’s a considerable difference between a hulking, 300 pound lineman like Jackson and Newton, but if he’s suffering the same injury, Carolina might not see him for quite awhile.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    DT Malik Jackson of the Eagles suffered a Lisfranc injury and was lost for the season. Of course, there’s a considerable difference between a hulking, 300 pound lineman like Jackson and Newton, but if he’s suffering the same injury, Carolina might not see him for quite awhile.
    A sports analyst brought up that Kyle Allen actually runs Norv Turners offense better than Cam Newton has in 2 seasons. That Turner's system works better with a strong armed pocket passer than what Newton excels at when bealthy.

I'm going to start posting old stuff here. Mostly extended highlights of old games. Thought it might be refreshing to appreciate the past every so often.

1984 NFC Divisional Chicago Bears (10-6) at Washington Redskins (11-5)

Hard fought game between both teams. This is the first meeting between the squads since 1981, and in that time Mike Ditka has become coach of the Bears, and the team had only gotten stronger particularly on defense. Theismann was under pressure most of the game, and was sacked 7 times accordingly. The Redskins were the best best in the NFC on converting third downs, and got 22 first downs in the game to the Bears 13 while committing only one turnover. Chicago didn't necessarily dominate the TOP either. Despite this, the Bears were still able to limit the Redskins to only 19 points. It was just one of those games where Washington did worse on the field compared to what the box score indicated. Steve Fuller actually had a decent game at QB for Chicago. There is a nasty hit by Bears safety Todd Bell on Joe Washington at the 3:00 minute mark that certainly wouldn't fly in today's NFL.