Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Cracker, haha. Oh man Antonio Brown. If they cut him and still pay him, better watch out. He could become a model of how to retire early with your health still intact.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Raiders coddling this locker room cancer is beyond a joke at this point. He basically threatened to fight his GM and cussed him out. I guess basically he literally has to beat up the Raiders GM and maybe...maybe Jon Gruden will suspend him 1 game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

This is good news... for my fantasy team

I'm wondering if there will be anyone outside of that stadium and Oakland not rooting for the Broncos Monday, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm wondering if there will be anyone outside of that stadium and Oakland not rooting for the Broncos Monday, lol.
    There have to be at least some people who just despise the Broncos.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Even then I wonder if they won't make the rare exception. I know I would.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mike Mayock looks so weak right now, and I would be looking for a way out if I were him; provided that would not flush my potential GM career down the toilet. The Raiders should at the very least suspended him one game, and probably should have cut him completely and tried to recoup that money. I mean, this team is not by any means a super bowl contender this year with or without AB playing every week. I, personally, think the only reason they brought him in to begin with is to sell tickets their final year in Oakland.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not surprised at all. As I was saying in the offseason thread when talking about Kaepernick, talent will always overcome distractions and if your talented enough it doesn't matter how big a headache you are. If Antonio Brown was someone like Josh Doctson he'd be cut and no team would ever look at him again. But the Raiders are going to give him every chance in the world and if they cut him you know some other team would roll the dice because he is so good (he could retire today and be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer). Likewise the Chiefs just gave Tyreek Hill a 3 yr 54 million contract despite the horrific abuse allegations against him because talent overcomes distractions.

The Raiders gave the Chiefs a PR gift.... with the biggest story being "Antonio Brown is nuts and the Raiders are historically dysfunctional, even for them"... they could quietly sign Tyreek Hill and it would be buried by the story out of Oakland.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Not surprised at all. As I was saying in the offseason thread when talking about Kaepernick, talent will always overcome distractions and if your talented enough it doesn't matter how big a headache you are. If Antonio Brown was someone like Josh Doctson he'd be cut and no team would ever look at him again. But the Raiders are going to give him every chance in the world and if they cut him you know some other team would roll the dice because he is so good (he could retire today and be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer). Likewise the Chiefs just gave Tyreek Hill a 3 yr 54 million contract despite the horrific abuse allegations against him because talent overcomes distractions.
    Well the difference is that Kaepernick did absolutely nothing wrong, Brown is being obnoxious and unprofessional but isn't really hurting anyone, and Hill is under criminal investigation for serious child abuse allegations, and yet NFL types will just lump all three of them together in that all-encompassing category of "distractions" as if there is some moral equivalence there and all should be treated the same way. Going against what the NFL deems proper and actually doing serious harm should never be conflated so casually.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Raiders gave the Chiefs a PR gift.... with the biggest story being "Antonio Brown is nuts and the Raiders are historically dysfunctional, even for them"... they could quietly sign Tyreek Hill and it would be buried by the story out of Oakland.
    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Well the difference is that Kaepernick did absolutely nothing wrong, Brown is being obnoxious and unprofessional but isn't really hurting anyone, and Hill is under criminal investigation for serious child abuse allegations, and yet NFL types will just lump all three of them together in that all-encompassing category of "distractions" as if there is some moral equivalence there and all should be treated the same way. Going against what the NFL deems proper and actually doing serious harm should never be conflated so casually.

Kaepernick did nothing wrong as well. Also as proven by the last video posted in off-season thread it kinda shoots the whole Kaepernick was terrible right in the ass. (He battled through 3 injuries in 2015...was really their only bright spot in 2016 as Gabbert was terrible).

I'm not a fan of giving Hill an extension , as he was originally gonna get a 4 year , $100+ million dollar one before the abuse allegations and investigation began. It cost him a year and $40+ million more as we saw. Also KC seemingly has put things into this where his off field behavior effects his deal. So I'm not a fan of this as I think they should have waited a year and held him out due to his behavior if possible. (Even then if they did let him go , they drafted Hardman for the potential spot)

Even with a police investigation over (they claimed they couldn't prove anything) the Chiefs should have held Hill out and all. Least if he does something again they seemingly have an opt out situation in the contract.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Didn't say Kaepernick did anything wrong (I absolutely disagree with his reasons for kneeling but I applaud the fact that if he's going to protest he's going to do it peacefully and no amount of kneeling will make me stop watching the NFL) but the fact of the matter is that he would be a nuclear distraction to any team that signed him. Ticket holders would revolt and the coaches would get a million Kaepernick questions a week. All for a guy who would only play if the starter got hurt. Same with Tim Tebow as I've argued before. Tebow was actually a player who would draw fans but it was way distracting to the point coaches didn't want to deal with it. Thus he was out of the league quickly whereas if he'd been the same skill level without the fanatical obsession that network TV and fans had over him he'd have lingered for many more years as as a backup QB and maybe could have become a serviceable starter.

Point is that Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill are All Pro level receivers whereas Kaepernick was a gimmick QB whose gimmick was no longer very effective and Tebow was a project QB. Teams will put up with all kinds of misery and distraction if you are just that good, as Brown and Hill are, and will kick you to curb if your a mediocre and a distraction as Kaepernick and Tebow were.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 09-06-2019 at 07:19 PM.

BANNED

The Raiders are continually making mistakes with Brown. This will get worse.

Hell, just wait until Derek Carr starts attempting to throw passes to Brown in games and he realizes he's stuck in a crap organization with a crap QB.

AB out to win an Emmy with his new YT video
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.