Page 42 of 155 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

I think that Burfect's punishment is fine. I live in Cincinnati and I have seen his dirty playing for years. He did an interview on a local radio station and when asked about dirty playing he said getting hit is part of the game and players and officials need to grow up and deal with it. He doesnt care who he hurts and he will never learn. it is players like him that give the game a bad name.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except, Allen is being brought down from behind at that. So, no. Its not on him. And no, he can't exactly slide either because of said defender tackling him from behind. And he's not lowering his head, he's going down from the tackle as well.
    Allen was running forward in the direction he was already running and the crown of his helmet was hitting the right side of Jones who was stopping while Allen was going forward. That’s mostly on Allen for playing like a running back. And yeah he clearly was lowering his head.

If he was any position besides QB that’s either not getting called or going against the offense.

Watch the clip again. Allen just makes contact with the player tackling him less than a second before he makes contact with Jones, he was on the same trajectory

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

I get the ejection and a fine because he's very much a repeat offender....

Maybe a 3-5 game suspension. But the entire season? BS. He plays dirty but he's not a felon or child beater....

Naturally he'll appeal. But even if he wins odds are he's going to miss probably half the season.
    The 2 on the left came from incidental or via play. Burfict's came after 3.5 full strides ... and he did a dance after
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    calling him a repeat offender is frankly a gross understatement, Burfict's had a 3-5 game suspensions in each of the last 3 seasons and he has a rap sheet going back to HIGH SCHOOL, at some point you have to send a message
    They really need to fine players more and make them ineligible for play. I'm thinking 7 figures and full to half seasons.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

I get the ejection and a fine because he's very much a repeat offender....

Maybe a 3-5 game suspension. But the entire season? BS. He plays dirty but he's not a felon or child beater....

Naturally he'll appeal. But even if he wins odds are he's going to miss probably half the season.
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-...t-10100/fines/

Over $5 million in fines and being suspended multiple times for late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, and performing wrestling moves illustrates a chronic issue for Burfict. I know there's guys out there who will go, "He got suspended for playing football! The NFL's a bunch of pussies!" and (even level headed people, not just the crazies) will point out those other helmet-to-helmet tackles that happened yesterday, but this is just part of a consistent record for the man.

Heck, it's due to those crazies that Jack Doyle, whether it was legit it didn't affect him or not, downplayed the hit as if it was no deal. If he commented that his daylights got battered out for a split second, his Twitter and Facebook pages would be filled with yahoos giving him hell for being a wuss. I just keep having flashbacks to when Austin Collie kept blacking out due to concussions and how problematic that is.

The guy who choked Beckham should have been tossed and suspended, too. Unless his hands incidentally fell onto the neck - I'm sure that happens.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

2019 NFL week 4 MNF
    Which AFC North winless team chokes less we'll find out tonight in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    2019 NFL week 4 MNF
    Which AFC North winless team chokes less we'll find out tonight in Pittsburgh.
    This is a game that I couldnt care any less about. And I live in Cincinnati. A Saints fan in a Bengals city. it can be rough. But at least my team has a chance to win more then 5 games this year.

THe Bengals have a 9-20 record on Monday night football. So I am pretty sure the Steelers will pull it out. Even is they are down by three right now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Good running td for the Steelers.

7-3 The Steelers lead the Bengals

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

10-3 Steelers now.

Both teams annoy me. I'm fine with neither of them reaching the playoffs.

1st half is over in a low scoring game.

10-3
    Bengals as usual in a close game since kept the Seahawks game close, and made the Bills game close.

Dalton just threw a INT in the endzone. Huge waste of a drive for the Bengals.

24-3
    Unless the Bengals get a miracle it looks like the Steelers are going to win their 1st game, and Rudolph getting his 1st NFL win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Dalton just threw a INT in the endzone. Huge waste of a drive for the Bengals.

24-3
    Unless the Bengals get a miracle it looks like the Steelers are going to win their 1st game, and Rudolph getting his 1st NFL win.
    Someone had to win the game, I mean, ties do happen, but not very often.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Allen was running forward in the direction he was already running and the crown of his helmet was hitting the right side of Jones who was stopping while Allen was going forward. That’s mostly on Allen for playing like a running back. And yeah he clearly was lowering his head.

If he was any position besides QB that’s either not getting called or going against the offense.

Watch the clip again. Allen just makes contact with the player tackling him less than a second before he makes contact with Jones, he was on the same trajectory
    Heard Jermaine Wiggins, a former NFL TE who played for the Patriots among other teams and is now on Boston sports radio cite Allen as well and that the hit was legal. He also mentioned if Frank Gore did what Allen did we wouldn't be talking about this but because Allen is a QB, although a ball runner in this case, everyone stops and says what a dirty hit it was by Jones.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Nowadays its common practice for QB's to slide. Basically slide when running as contact is coming. Don't try and challenge like a RB due to what could happen. Lots of young QB's don't understand this slide deal. Trubisky himself had his shoulder near broken because he wouldn't slide. Allen took a hard shot as we saw. Mahomes himself doesn't want to slide. But hopefully teams start teaching this more to these guys. Your careers depend on you being healthy.

Do not be Jim McMahon...

(There is a worse pic of McMahon challenging defensive players and landing on his head..)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Bengals drop to 0-4, and are one of the teams racing Miami in the "tank for Tua" sweepstakes. Some fun stats on Cincinnatti after this game:

-This drops the Bengals to 11-25 all time on MNF.
    -They’re 22-50 all time in primetime games. They haven’t won a MNF on the road since 1990.
    - They have now lost 12 of the last 13 games they’ve played against Pittsburgh, and are 8-27 against the Steelers since the time when Marvin Lewis took over as their head coach.
    -Andy Dalton is 6-21 in primetime games as a starter.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.