Page 43 of 155 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Nowadays its common practice for QB's to slide. Basically slide when running as contact is coming. Don't try and challenge like a RB due to what could happen. Lots of young QB's don't understand this slide deal. Trubisky himself had his shoulder near broken because he wouldn't slide. Allen took a hard shot as we saw. Mahomes himself doesn't want to slide. But hopefully teams start teaching this more to these guys. Your careers depend on you being healthy.

Do not be Jim McMahon...

(There is a worse pic of McMahon challenging defensive players and landing on his head..)
    I totally agree. I saw Haskins start scrambling with the ball against the Giants and if he continues doing this he'll be injured before the end of the year.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Bengals drop to 0-4, and are one of the teams racing Miami in the "tank for Tua" sweepstakes. Some fun stats on Cincinnatti after this game:

-This drops the Bengals to 11-25 all time on MNF.
    -They’re 22-50 all time in primetime games. They haven’t won a MNF on the road since 1990.
    - They have now lost 12 of the last 13 games they’ve played against Pittsburgh, and are 8-27 against the Steelers since the time when Marvin Lewis took over as their head coach.
    -Andy Dalton is 6-21 in primetime games as a starter.
    Dalton for years has struggled and the fans have wanted him replaced for a number of years due to this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Dalton for years has struggled and the fans have wanted him replaced for a number of years due to this.
    I believe there's also a statistic about Dalton's career versus teams with records over .500 not being so hot. Let me see if I can find that...

Dalton is 21-31-1 vs. teams with winning records. Which isn't that bad, when you learn that Matt Stafford's career versus winning teams is 9-62.
    Dalton has never won a playoff game.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I believe there's also a statistic about Dalton's career versus teams with records over .500 not being so hot. Let me see if I can find that...

Dalton is 21-31-1 vs. teams with winning records. Which isn't that bad, when you learn that Matt Stafford's career versus winning teams is 9-62.
    Dalton has never won a playoff game.
    Well he would have won 1 playoff game but Burfict was a complete idiot and cost them that miracle game Pittsburgh got that huge 1st down on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Nowadays its common practice for QB's to slide. Basically slide when running as contact is coming. Don't try and challenge like a RB due to what could happen. Lots of young QB's don't understand this slide deal. Trubisky himself had his shoulder near broken because he wouldn't slide. Allen took a hard shot as we saw. Mahomes himself doesn't want to slide. But hopefully teams start teaching this more to these guys. Your careers depend on you being healthy.

Do not be Jim McMahon...

(There is a worse pic of McMahon challenging defensive players and landing on his head..)
    I suspect QB's, especially youngsters like Mahomes eschew sliding because they want to be seen by their teammates as tough and macho. To me, that mindset is stupidity on steroids because all that results in is needless pain, both for them and their teams.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The season is over for these teams:

Jets 0-3
    Dolphins 0-4
    Bengals 0-4
    Broncos 0-4
    Redskins 0-4
    Cardinals 0-3-1

The Falcons are on the brink with a 1-3 record and a coach who might be fired.
    The Steelers are 1-3 but are only one game out in the division. If they beat the Ravens and the Browns lose to the 49ers, there will be a three-way tie on top of the AFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suspect QB's, especially youngsters like Mahomes eschew sliding because they want to be seen by their teammates as tough and macho. To me, that mindset is stupidity on steroids because all that results in is needless pain, both for them and their teams.
    I don't think its about being macho , the young players wanna try and make a huge play. That their thinking , we gotta make a play and make it happen. They forget to slide. Its what Mahomes , Trubisky and others forget. Of course if your Pat Mahomes this is what you do at times...

Man I know they schedule these games way in advance, but what brainiac thought Cinci would be a good Monday night draw? What a dog of a game.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The season is over for these teams:

Jets 0-3
    Dolphins 0-4
    Bengals 0-4
    Broncos 0-4
    Redskins 0-4
    Cardinals 0-3-1

The Falcons are on the brink with a 1-3 record and a coach who might be fired.
    The Steelers are 1-3 but are only one game out in the division. If they beat the Ravens and the Browns lose to the 49ers, there will be a three-way tie on top of the AFC North.
    The season was over for Miami before it began as they went into "Tank For Tua" mode before week one. As for Denver, how long before John Elway runs up the white flag and starts the inevitable fire sale of talent? Hard to believe Pittsburgh is still in the running for AFC North, despite their horrible start, proof of how weak that division is. Then there's the dead pool for first head coach fired, I think it'll be Jay Gruden, but Dan Quinn needs to brush up his resume since he could be next out the door.

Not only does Miami stink out loud while tanking this year, the few fans who show up are getting scammed by beer vendors at the stadium...

Fans know beer is expensive at NFL stadiums, but not this expensive. A vendor at Miami's Hard Rock Stadium was arrested Sunday after charging a fan $724 for two beers during the Dolphins-Chargers game.

Nathaniel Collier faces two felony charges for his alleged scam, according to court records.

According to the Miami Herald, police reported that the 33-year-old walking vendor took a customer's credit card to charge the person for two beers -- which can set you back about $20 at the stadium. Collier, however, used a personal card reader and charged $724.

The suds crime fell flat when the customer received an alert from the bank that included not only the excessive charge but also Collier's name.

Collier was arrested and has been fired by Rocket Man, an independent contractor that works at the stadium. The fan reportedly received a full refund.

Collier faces charges of third-degree grand theft and possession of a skimming device. He was being held on a $10,000 bond.
    from ESPN...

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Not only does Miami stink out loud while tanking this year, the few fans who show up are getting scammed by beer vendors at the stadium...

from ESPN...

-M
    This is the scary aspect of those paying with credit cards at events like this. I have seen stories like this happen for folks who pay for gas at stations etc.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    HA! Good one!

With Burlict's past of trying to hurt others and getting fined from college to the pros , what do the Oakland Raiders coach and players decide to do.

A - Ignore the suspension and do not comment. Concentrating on the game ahead.

B - Ignore the suspension and do not comment. Concentrating on the game ahead. Also as a comment say the Raiders will stand by the leagues decision.

Or....

C - Get mad at the NFL and claim the decision is wrong as Jon Gruden did. Then have Derek Carr issue this statement at the end of his bullshit with : "He's a great person, his heart is broken because he's not playing football. The guy just wants to play football."

If you pick C then you qualify to be part of the Oakland Raiders team who basically tried to brush away years of Burlict's dirty **** play and act like the NFL did wrong. Hopefully the Raiders suffer and lose more games this season as payback.

Just once I would like to see a pro sports league look at a player's appeal of a suspension and say, you asked us to review the case and we did, we reviewed the events and circumstances and we agree, the number of games was wrong, however, we determined we were too lenient with the initial suspension and are adding games to the suspension.

-M