Page 48 of 155 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Personally, I never understood firing a coach during the season in football for poor perfomance.

Baseball, hockey, basketball ... you can turn it around, but not so much football.
    Its to likely send a mental message to players to wake up. In Cleveland they fired Sasha Brown as GM halfway through 2017 season. Because they saw Dorsey and wanted to get a jump on a rebuild with him. Washington can examine coaching candidates and start from the mid-season etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Bill Callahan now replaces Jay Gruden as interim Redskins HC.
    TO BE FARE....the last time Callahan replaced a Gruden...he took the team to the SB...only to be beat by a Gruden....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The only team I really wanted to see lose this week was Raiders for their players and coach defending a piece of **** in Burfict. Such a shame that didn't happen. Not a good sign , likely the NFLPA will get that shithead back to playing before the season is out so he can try to injure more folks and laugh over it.
    The Homerism is something that annoys me about professional sports as a whole. "Our guy's just aggressive. *Your* guy is a thug."

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    The Homerism is something that annoys me about professional sports as a whole. "Our guy's just aggressive. *Your* guy is a thug."
    I could understand a once and while situation if someone hits helmet to helmet. Because its a league where it can happen for sure. Burfict is someone who believes its funny to try and hurt others. We have seen it for years from college on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Browns getting penalties and turnovers as usual. They average 10 penalties a game this season thus far. The 49ers driving for another TD.

Niners are playing ball so far this season.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Browns getting penalties and turnovers as usual. They average 10 penalties a game this season thus far. The 49ers driving for another TD.
    But hey, at least Cleveland won the off-season, right?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    As I said sports analysts and more raced to proclaim Baker Mayfield a star before he was a legit star. He had a decent rookie season and did some solid things. But teams was gonna get more tape on him and learn about him more. Tonight was a perfect example. Mayfield went 8/22 for 100 yards and 2 Ints. He constantly over threw WR's and tried going for deep shots forcing it. (a fact Rex Ryan said weeks ago Mayfield pushes too much for HR shots and is a 1/2 read QB)

How bad has it been for Mayfield ? After a rookie year where he had a 93.7 QB Rating , this season he's got a 68.5 rating. He's 90/161 for 1,247 yards with 4 TDs and 8 Ints.

People tried floating that it takes time for the team to build consistency but elsewhere Pat Mahomes is playing with guys like Mecole Hardman , Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson while Sammy Watkins and Tyreek Hill are out. And he's putting up insane numbers by doing it. Sure the Chiefs lost this week , but they are 4-1 since Hill went out and lost Watkins last week.

At some point Baker Mayfield is gonna have to stop believing he's the greatest thing ever and realize , right now he's a middle of the pack QB and he isn't playing well at all.

As I said sports analysts and more raced to proclaim Baker Mayfield a star before he was a legit star. He had a decent rookie season and did some solid things. But teams was gonna get more tape on him and learn about him more. Tonight was a perfect example. Mayfield went 8/22 for 100 yards and 2 Ints. He constantly over threw WR's and tried going for deep shots forcing it. (a fact Rex Ryan said weeks ago Mayfield pushes too much for HR shots and is a 1/2 read QB)

How bad has it been for Mayfield ? After a rookie year where he had a 93.7 QB Rating , this season he's got a 68.5 rating. He's 90/161 for 1,247 yards with 4 TDs and 8 Ints.

People tried floating that it takes time for the team to build consistency but elsewhere Pat Mahomes is playing with guys like Mecole Hardman , Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson while Sammy Watkins and Tyreek Hill are out. And he's putting up insane numbers by doing it. Sure the Chiefs lost this week , but they are 4-1 since Hill went out and lost Watkins last week.

At some point Baker Mayfield is gonna have to stop believing he's the greatest thing ever and realize , right now he's a middle of the pack QB and he isn't playing well at all.
    Remember how everyone was ready to put RGIII in the Hall of Fame after a rookie year?

I feared this might happen for the kid. I didn't want to believe the constant quest for the Browns to get a name on their Starting QB jersey and keep it there for more than a year or two would happen.

But yeah, some guys get exposed once the rest of the league gets film on them. Or they start believing their own hype too much, and don't keep putting the work in, and start making careless on-field decisions.

I'm not going to sort him with the rest of the Browns' starting QBs over the past twenty years... yet. But it's starting to make me wonder.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Ha, that they did.

Then too, through 5 games Beckham as their biggest acquisition, has 23 receptions for 335 yards and 1 single touchdown. His most notable on field contribution has been marketing a watch and getting choked on the field. Probably closer to not having lost the off-season, as bad Cleveland usually does.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

According to Richard Sherman (49ers CB) the team was very pissed off with Baker Mayfield's actions before the game. Usually every player shares a fun hand shake and gets along. Before the game Mayfield snubbed Sherman from shaking his head and ignored him. This fired the team up worse as well as Sherman who saw this as a lack of respect.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-pregame-snub

"Respect the game," Sherman said, referencing Mayfield's pregame behavior. "You can have rivals, but pay your respect in that moment -- especially when you're young.

"He hasn't earned anything in this league. How many games has he won? He's acting like he was the MVP last year. If (Patrick) Mahomes did that, it would be one thing. But he would never do that, because he has too much respect for the game.

"And when you see a guy who doesn't? You humble him every chance you get. Because eventually, he will have respect for the league -- or he'll be out of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Ha, that they did.

Then too, through 5 games Beckham as their biggest acquisition, has 23 receptions for 335 yards and 1 single touchdown. His most notable on field contribution has been marketing a watch and getting choked on the field. Probably closer to not having lost the off-season, as bad Cleveland usually does.
    Don't forget his fumble last night.

"Imma cut left, then cut right, then spin ... and drop the ball."
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...on-punt-return
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-08-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yah, even if Baker wants to showboat, even if he somehow had a good rationale for being a dick, you don't give the opposing team blackboard material. Not right before a game. Be a dick afterwards, thats more acceptable and less likely to get defenses fired up, you know, while you are playing them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

ESPN is reporting that it has obtained video of the pre-game meeting between the Browns and 49ers that casts doubt on Sherman's account...

from ESPN...

Video of 49ers and Browns players meeting at midfield for the coin toss shows Sherman walking down the line of Cleveland players, exchanging words and handshakes. When he gets to Mayfield, he appears to have some kind of physical interaction with the quarterback, though the video makes it unclear whether it's a full handshake. Sherman also says a few words to Mayfield.
    and it seems after the video went viral, Sherman is backtracking on previous statements

from the article:

After video of the pre-coin flip interaction went viral, Sherman told The MMQB on Tuesday afternoon that the 49ers were angered that Mayfield darted away immediately after the coin toss.

"That's it. They are making way too big of a story of a blowout," Sherman is quoted as saying. "He pissed us off. We put a foot in his ass. End of story."

On Monday night, Sherman was adamant that Mayfield had crossed a line by not shaking hands.
    full article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eo-casts-doubt

So did Mayfield actually snub him or was Sherman trying to make a mountain out of molehill to fire up the team?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    ESPN is reporting that it has obtained video of the pre-game meeting between the Browns and 49ers that casts doubt on Sherman's account...

from ESPN...

and it seems after the video went viral, Sherman is backtracking on previous statements

from the article:

full article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eo-casts-doubt

So did Mayfield actually snub him or was Sherman trying to make a mountain out of molehill to fire up the team?

-M
    Not to defend Mayfield, but I tend to lean towards the latter. Sherman isn’t exactly a Boy Scout, so I wouldn’t put it past him to manufacture some sort of snub to fire up his team. If that’s the case, what does that say about the 49ers who haven’t exactly beaten anyone noteworthy.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-08-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!