Page 49 of 155 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    ESPN is reporting that it has obtained video of the pre-game meeting between the Browns and 49ers that casts doubt on Sherman's account...

from ESPN...

and it seems after the video went viral, Sherman is backtracking on previous statements

from the article:

full article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eo-casts-doubt

So did Mayfield actually snub him or was Sherman trying to make a mountain out of molehill to fire up the team?

-M
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not to defend Mayfield, but I tend to lean towards the latter. Sherman isn’t exactly a Boy Scout, so I wouldn’t put it past him to manufacture some sort of snub to fire up his team. If that’s the case, what does that say about the 49ers who haven’t exactly beaten anyone noteworthy.

It wasn't just Sherman claiming that Mayfield wouldn't shake his hand , someone else is claiming he refused to shake his hand as well. Deforest Buckner claimed in article he didn't shake his hand either. George Kittle claims Mayfield gave him a quick hand slap . Kittle claimed it seems to be Mayfield's act in a way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It wasn't just Sherman claiming that Mayfield wouldn't shake his hand , someone else is claiming he refused to shake his hand as well. Deforest Buckner claimed in article he didn't shake his hand either. George Kittle claims Mayfield gave him a quick hand slap . Kittle claimed it seems to be Mayfield's act in a way.
    There is a certain mob mentality when people claim things, and it snowballs with lots of people saying the same thing to be part of the group and piling on, but the video doesn't seem to substantiate those claims, and I would trust what can be seen far more than what people claim.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

TPS can have some of the worst comical videos with little research done. In fact lets look at the list of these TE's..

#12 - David LaFleur : The entire deal is pretty wrong. If research for the video was done this guy would have realized that LaFleur was not a pass catching TE. No in fact the guy Dallas wanted was Tony Gonzalez in that 1997 draft. Gonzalez was the phototype of the new NFL era TE that could cause mismatches lining up at WR and more. Dallas needed to replace Novacek. Instead of drafting say Tiki Barber , Trevor Pryce , Sam Madison to name a few. Dallas decided on drafting a TE any way that didn't fit what they wanted.

LaFleur was a classic old school blocking TE. He could catch a little , but no way was he a Gonzalez who could line up at WR position etc.

#8 : Kyle Brady : This has to be brought up , Brady could have been a decent pass catching TE. In fact he was being look at by ...Bill Belichick with the Browns at the time in 1995. Belichick wanted Brady who he envisioned as his version of Mark Bavaro. Instead the Jets selected him and there was no way he could live up to the disappointment of them angry over passing Warren Sapp.

Brady had a couple solid seasons in Jacksonville (2000-2002) but his later seasons were spent battling injuries. But imagine if he had gotten to Cleveland in that draft like Belichick wanted.

This video comically doesn't mention....Johnny Mitchell. Its just weird. Mitchell is considered the all-time TE bust as the guy had such athletic gifts and college career (2x all-big 8) . Mitchell became famous for walking out of training camp on 2 Hall of Fame coaches and announcing his retirement suddenly. Once for Jimmy Johnson and then a season or two later for Bill Parcells. How he never was mentioned is ...weird.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    There is a certain mob mentality when people claim things, and it snowballs with lots of people saying the same thing to be part of the group and piling on, but the video doesn't seem to substantiate those claims, and I would trust what can be seen far more than what people claim.

-M
    New footage shows the Baker Mayfield-Richard Sherman handshake beef is a lie
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Saquon Barkley (Ankle), Sterling Shepard (Concussion), Evan Engram (Knee), and Wayne Gallman (Concussion) ruled out for Giants vs. Patriots.

Looks like a bloodbath is on for tomorrow.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Saquon Barkley (Ankle), Sterling Shepard (Concussion), Evan Engram (Knee), and Wayne Gallman (Concussion) ruled out for Giants vs. Patriots.

They should play Eli, let him have some fun.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They should play Eli, let him have some fun.
    Eli is gonna watch Brady pass Peyton on the all time passing yardage list already, how much more fun can he stand? Brady is less than 20 yards behind Peyton Manning in all time passing yards - the only way he doesn't pass him tomorrow is an early injury.

For things that help the Giants in the game, Dorset is out, and both Edelman and Gordon are questionable. That's the top 3 WRs on the team absent or less than 100% for the game. Defensively the Pat's have crazy depth (there's no way they can pull this defense off next season too) so there's no help there for New York.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Beyond Sherman apologizing to Mayfield after handshakegate , at least some goods news in the NFL. Vontaze Burfict will not be back this season. The NFL upheld his suspension and Derrick Brooks seemed to agree with it.

After a hot 2 game run Daniel Jones seemed to hit a bit of a wall the last 2 games throwing for 407 yards 2 TD's and 3 Int's. Being a typical rookie QB. New England isn't gonna make life easy for Jones either.

Miami has said Josh Rosen is the starter the rest of the reason now. This way they get a good long look at him as a starting QB. Washington is going back to Case Keenum and lean on the running game the rest of the way from what Bill Callihan has said.

Predictions for Week 6

Patriots over Giants- another easy game for the Patriots
    Panthers over Bucs- Panthers win fourth straight
    Ravens over Bengals- Bengals stay winless
    Browns over Seahawks- Browns are at home and need this game more
    Saints over Jaguars- Saints are the better team without their starting QB
    Chiefs over Texans- Chiefs won't lose two in a row
    Dolphins over Redskins- Dolphins win their first game at home against another winless team
    Eagles over Vikings- Eagles have another impressive road win
    Cardinals over Falcons- Falcons continue to collapse
    Rams over 49ers- 49ers lose a game
    Broncos over Titans- Broncos win, making both teams 2-4
    Cowboys over Jets- you can't count on the Jets
    Chargers over Steelers- Steelers are done, while the Chargers can turn their season around

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I saw in the sports section of my local paper that New England is currently a 17 point favorite for tonight's game. What are the odds the Pats cover that before the first quarter ends?

Meanwhile, would Richard Sherman have apologized to Baker Mayfield if there hadn't been video showing the two of them shaking hands, thus proving Sherman lied out his ass? Hell no!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I saw in the sports section of my local paper that New England is currently a 17 point favorite for tonight's game. What are the odds the Pats cover that before the first quarter ends?

Meanwhile, would Richard Sherman have apologized to Baker Mayfield if there hadn't been video showing the two of them shaking hands, thus proving Sherman lied out his ass? Hell no!
    33-7 is my guess for the final score.

It'll be 13-7 at the half. NE tends to score in the second half.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Shannon Sharpe brought up a big reason why Dwayne Haskins hasn't been ready to start yet thus far. In this Sharpe brings up that Haskins has been running the scout team and scout team just has cards telling you who to throw the ball to. Its not actual play calls and 1st team practice snaps at all !

That Haskins is really far from starting and Callihan was likely told he has 4-5 weeks to get Haskins ready to start. Also the fact that Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden did not want to draft Haskins. They were told by Daniel Snyder he was being selected.

33-7 is my guess for the final score.

It'll be 13-7 at the half. NE tends to score in the second half.
    I'm gonna give some credit to the SECOND best defense on the field tonight. Coupled with the fact that Tom is starting to look like a 50 year old QB.
    Pats 21 G-men 14
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The weather is going to be a huge factor. Winds and rain are probably going to affect the passing game.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The weather is going to be a huge factor. Winds and rain are probably going to affect the passing game.
    Expecting a Rex Burkhead sighting, then.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.