Page 58 of 155 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Also Warren Sapp chimed in on twitter and said a QB sneak is really the least harmless way a QB can be hurt in a game. That the biggest way a QB is hurt is dropping back to pass and its a rare freak injury deal (which sums up KC's luck with great players) . That its the rarest 0.1% of injuries in a game. Also Mahomes was hurt for 2 previous games due to his ankle issue.
    Well, the one and only year Tom Brady had been injured and lost for most of a season happened while he was hit in a collapsing pocket, so there's truth in what Sapp wrote. Still, Andy Reid should've thought twice before calling that sneak, because injuries can happen on ANY play.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, the one and only year Tom Brady had been injured and lost for most of a season happened while he was hit in a collapsing pocket, so there's truth in what Sapp wrote. Still, Andy Reid should've thought twice before calling that sneak, because injuries can happen on ANY play.
    Gronkowki broke his arm blocking on an extra point. If that isn't the freakiest injury put there it has to be in contention.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well right now the Chiefs and Mahomes believe he has a dislocated knee cap he suffered as he seems in good spirits and tweeted everything has came back good thus far. NFL.Com is reporting KC is gonna hold out Mahomes the next 3 weeks and likely may hold him out til December after the week 12 bye week to fully get him healed up. That seems to be the early belief before he does the MRI.

KC has a big stretch hitting with Chargers , Packers etc so if your the Raiders or Chargers this is your division to lose right now. Mahomes maybe back , he may not but hopefully its just this and he's ok.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well right now the Chiefs and Mahomes believe he has a dislocated knee cap he suffered as he seems in good spirits and tweeted everything has came back good thus far. NFL.Com is reporting KC is gonna hold out Mahomes the next 3 weeks and likely may hold him out til December after the week 12 bye week to fully get him healed up. That seems to be the early belief before he does the MRI.

KC has a big stretch hitting with Chargers , Packers etc so if your the Raiders or Chargers this is your division to lose right now. Mahomes maybe back , he may not but hopefully its just this and he's ok.
    The Chiefs have two wins on the Raiders right now, and Oakland has Green Bay this week. And the Raiders just lost their top two MLBs for the year, the backup, Lee, to injury, and Vontaze Burfict to suspension. The 3 Raiders wins with those players were against the Broncos, the Colts, and the Bears. That's not the greatest resume, but they're the closest.

The Chargers are 2-4, and very disappointing. The Broncos 2-5 and have already lost to KC.

The Chiefs are 5-2. Even if over that stretch of four games before their BYE week, if they went 1-3, their record would sit at 6-5. I think the Titans game is winnable for them. The Chargers, as well, if they get their act together. I don't see them beating Green Bay without Mahomes, and Minnesota... well, that would depend on which Kirk Cousins shows up.

I definitely wouldn't say their season is over. The Chiefs are still likely to win their division, or at the very least, be in a wide-open AFC Wild Card hunt if they don't.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Broncos should have walked away last night with a win ...a dominant win given what the Chiefs didn't have out there.

- KC lost Mahomes (who as reigning MVP was making up for loss of a lot)

- KC had lost its starting left tackle and guard on offensive line.

- KC didn't have all-pro Chris Jones in middle of the defense last night.

- KC also didn't have Sammy Watkins who was out with an injury.

Its clear to say Elway likely will be fired at some point. Last nights loss to Matt Moore and a Chiefs team that should have by all rights not won has to be pissing off Broncos ownership.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Chiefs have two wins on the Raiders right now, and Oakland has Green Bay this week. And the Raiders just lost their top two MLBs for the year, the backup, Lee, to injury, and Vontaze Burfict to suspension. The 3 Raiders wins with those players were against the Broncos, the Colts, and the Bears. That's not the greatest resume, but they're the closest.

The Chargers are 2-4, and very disappointing. The Broncos 2-5 and have already lost to KC.

The Chiefs are 5-2. Even if over that stretch of four games before their BYE week, if they went 1-3, their record would sit at 6-5. I think the Titans game is winnable for them. The Chargers, as well, if they get their act together. I don't see them beating Green Bay without Mahomes, and Minnesota... well, that would depend on which Kirk Cousins shows up.

I definitely wouldn't say their season is over. The Chiefs are still likely to win their division, or at the very least, be in a wide-open AFC Wild Card hunt if they don't.

A lot can happen , the stretch ahead will be hard. Hopefully its as KC and Mahomes believes and he can treat the knee issue in off-season. But he was banged up and it is amazing what he was able to do at not 100%. He was on pace for a 5,500-6,000 yard season. The ankle also likely made him read defenses better in a way as well. In his 2nd full season he had 15 TD's to 1 Int. That is amazing to see how he had cut so far down on turnovers.

Reid likely in off-season will push Mahomes to stay more in pocket and do what he had done thus far in 2019.

Joe Flacco has definitely lost whatever he historically had to contribute being opposite of a usually stronger Baltimore defense. He made a pair of really good throws last night and the rest getting the ball brushed out of his hand the rest of the time. Troy Aikman was kinda clownin' him at times last night, albeit for cause.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Found this while I was creating my weekly cartoon post in the politics thread:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Trade deadline rumors:

- Rams, Pats, Saints, and Steelers are offering trades to the Bengals for AJ Green.

- Dolphins have been shopping trades for Drake. The only team that people have heard of is Seattle but other contending teams have been approached.

- The Bucs have taken OJ Howard off the block.

- Browns have placed OBJ on the block.

- Chargers are looking to deal Okung for Trent Williams. Browns are looking at Williams, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trade deadline rumors:

- Rams, Pats, Saints, and Steelers are offering trades to the Bengals for AJ Green.

- Dolphins have been shopping trades for Drake. The only team that people have heard of is Seattle but other contending teams have been approached.

- The Bucs have taken OJ Howard off the block.

- Browns have placed OBJ on the block.

- Chargers are looking to deal Okung for Trent Williams. Browns are looking at Williams, too.

This is insanely comical...the Browns made a big deal to get OBJ in a trade and now want to move on within half a season ? The only way this trade makes sense is if they deal him to Washington for the offensive line since Mayfield has had to run for his life thus far.

This is insanely comical...the Browns made a big deal to get OBJ in a trade and now want to move on within half a season ? The only way this trade makes sense is if they deal him to Washington for the offensive line since Mayfield has had to run for his life thus far.
    He could be part of that rumored trade and he does appear to be a distraction.

He's made some pretty bad plays this year, too.

No additional damage to Mahomes' knee. So it looks like 3 weeks or so. Frankly I'd keep him out longer to get the ankle right too. Just bite the bullet and realize you just might be in a fight for the division at the end, and that the playoffs will probably be a road experience. But a healthy Mahomes can help a lot there. Better that scenario than trying to rush him back and something else happens to him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-18-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No additional damage to Mahomes' knee. So it looks like 3 weeks or so. Frankly I'd keep him out longer to get the ankle right too. Just bite the bullet and realize you just might be in a fight for the division at the end, and that the playoffs will probably be a road experience. But a healthy Mahomes can help a lot there. Better that scenario than trying to rush him back and something else happens to him.
    I posted above he won't be back awhile. The Chiefs are gonna likely hold him out (if they can , Mahomes is a competitive guy , he wanted to play all preseason and Reid allowed it) til December. This gives them 4 weeks and a bye week to rest his injured ankle and knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The Chargers game was a listed start date, correct?

Getting him in by the time they play the Chargers and/or Raiders seems like a must now.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

The good thing for the Raiders is after the next three games GB, Houston, and Det they get the soft belly of their schedule: SD twice, Den one more time, Bengals, Jets, Titans, Jags and then the Chiefs which Mahomie should be back for i would imagine.

Depending how many they can get in the next three weeks, Oak's got a shot to close the gap...but i feel confident they will be in the mix for a WC spot.

Or WRs are depleted. First we had the whole AB fiasco, then Tyrell Wiliams stepped up but has plantar fasciais, and now we've traded for Zay Jones from Buffalo. People give DC crap for not letting him air it out....but whose he gunna toss it too? Hunter Renfrow the rookie from Clemson? He's no Julian Edleman...at least not yet.

Thank Al Davis for Josh Jacobs....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.