Page 59 of 155 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Chargers game was a listed start date, correct?

Getting him in by the time they play the Chargers and/or Raiders seems like a must now.
    I wouldn't risk Mahomes. Even if its a tight playoff deal. This is your long term superstar QB. He needs to sit and make sure his knee is 100% . Mahomes gutted it out with a bad ankle for weeks and he nearly blew his knee out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Matt Moore is a good enough QB to go 2-2 if not 3-1 with this Chiefs team so they should rest Mahomes as long as possible. I had lots of chances to watch Moore the last 5-7 years on the Dolphins and he's better than his stats / win-loss record would indicate there given how dysfunctional the Dolphins were around him and especially in his last two years with Adam "throws screen passes every other play" Gase calling the plays. He's not afraid to throw downfield and Andy Reid has proven over and over that he can make any QB look good.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I wouldn't risk Mahomes. Even if its a tight playoff deal. This is your long term superstar QB. He needs to sit and make sure his knee is 100% . Mahomes gutted it out with a bad ankle for weeks and he nearly blew his knee out.
    Yeah, Andy Reid can't do to Mahomes what Shanahan did to RG3 in DC
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So with RB's like Bell and Gordon who have held out for a season or half a season ; a story not many bring up is the John Riggins story. RIGGO as he was nicknamed was a big battering ram of a RB for the Redskins back when they actually had great ownership . Riggins was one of the 1st big free agents who was signed in 1976 (the Jets was paying him $60,000+ a year , Washington gave him $1.5 million over 5 seasons !).

In 1980 Riggins wanted a new deal and Washington refused to redo his contract. So he went home . By 1981 though Joe Gibbs was head coach and wanted to bring Riggo back at 1st. Then he met him and detailed that Riggins told him , "You get me back , ill make you famous." Gibbs thought Riggins was an egomaniac and was thinking as soon as Riggins did sign to come back he would trade him away.

Then comically he called Gibbs days later and said he had 1 issue with his new contract. He wanted a NO TRADE CLAUSE.

Gibbs signed him and soon enough Riggo would come back and put together some fine final seasons as a RB and powered the Redskins to the Super Bowl.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Yeah, Andy Reid can't do to Mahomes what Shanahan did to RG3 in DC
    That was all 3 of them involved in that situation.

- Shanahan should have taken it in his head to bench RGIII to not risk him.

- From what Dr. James Andrews claimed , RGIII came off the field , walked by them and wouldn't let them look at his knee and walked back onto field as they couldn't get him off. Shanahan claims Andrews cleared him to go back. Both disagree.

- RGIII was worried over what Kirk Cousins was doing with the team. He was hurt clearly and worried more about his job security than his health ; risking himself.

In all , Redskins medical on sideline , Shanahan and RGIII all played a hand in that.

My gut says every win KC gets is another week of rest for Mahomes.

If they have 0 wins when the LAC game comes around, I have a hunch they start him.

MY wish is that they flat-out announce he will start 12/1 against the Raiders. But that means teams get to game plan without having to worry about Mahomes and Reid is one the coaches that likes to play injury games on teams.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

NFL.com named Al the #2 personality in all of Football
    and then posted this:
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Cardinals GM: 'We are not trading Patrick Peterson'

Yeah, and the Jaguars said they weren't trading Jalen Ramsey, and that proclamation came from the owner. But when an offer Jacksonville couldn't resist came along from the Rams, Ramsey was gone on the first thing smoking, and the same will happen with Peterson. It's only a question of what team and when.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Yeah, and the Jaguars said they weren't trading Jalen Ramsey, and that proclamation came from the owner. But when an offer Jacksonville couldn't resist came along from the Rams, Ramsey was gone on the first thing smoking, and the same will happen with Peterson. It's only a question of what team and when.
    I listened to a whole interview with Steve Keim this morning. They straight up asked him since the bar for Ramsey was set at 2 first rounders and a fourth rounder, if that meant he would do it for THREE first round picks.

Keim said emphatically not, and he's not entertaining offers from any team who has called him.

One of the big differences between Ramsey and Peterson is... Peterson has been showing up to practice, and isn't feigning an injury to avoid working with the team.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-19-2019 at 06:34 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I listened to a whole interview with Steve Keim this morning. They straight up asked him since the bar for Ramsey was set at 2 first rounders and a fourth rounder, if that meant he would do it for a 3rd rounder.

Keim said emphatically not, and he's not entertaining offers from any team who has called him.

One of the big differences between Ramsey and Peterson is... Peterson has been showing up to practice, and isn't feigning an injury to avoid working with the team.
    From what has been claimed KC during their busy off-season offered Arizona a 2nd rd pick for Peterson right after they got Frank Clark from Seattle. Arizona turned it down and KC moved on.

NFL News

- Many people were blasting the Philadelphia Eagles for not getting a Ramsey trade done. But the Eagles came close to pulling one off. They offered the Jaguars 1st and 2nd rd draft picks in the draft for Ramsey. They felt it was a good offer and was topped by the Rams who gave up more.

- Ryan Tannehill and his agent are getting credit for how they managed to get the Dolphins to trade him during the off season. The Dolphins were wanting to move and get something back as his agent did a small list of teams where the QB maybe vulnerable (due to injury or inconsistency) and organization seemed a fit. The Titans was on the list and Tannehill was able to get Miami to trade him. The only real brief hold up that was worked out in a day was his contract. Titans didn't want to pay the $17 million so Tannehill redid his deal to a 1 year , $7 million dollar contract. With a ton of incentives the contract can be worth up to $12 million for the year.

- A few days ago Vic Fangio weighed in on how Denver got their asses kicked as he claims. With Joe Flacco being clowned on national TV by Troy Aikman and an offensive line where a guy is getting penalties and getting his QB killed ; changes should happen right. NO...Fangio claimed no changes was coming.

Coming into this game Matthew Stafford needs only 87 yards passing to get 40,000+ career passing yards. Stafford will be the quickest to that mark in games started.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Cards in New Jersey are rocking and rolling 14-0 vs a rebuilding Giants team.

Decent start for the Colts because they lead the Texans 7-0 late 1st.

Also Giants QB Jones lead the Giants to wins vs 2 not impressive bad teams so it's astounds that persons overreact when he had to play a team with a decent defense the Vikings and a excellent team the Patriots, and have issues with him having the common dime a dozen rookie growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Cards in New Jersey are rocking and rolling 14-0 vs a rebuilding Giants team.
    Having watched the past two Cardinals games... I've seen them blow 14 and 17 point leads, so this isn't over and done with yet.

Cardinals have RB Chase Edmonds racking up yards and 2 TDs early in a rainy game in the first quarter. Arizona's got the ball back, looking to go up by 3 scores. Should they win today, they're at 3-3-1, and if the Rams win in Atlanta, every team in the NFC West is guaranteed be at .500 or better after 7 weeks.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Great choke because the 49ers Kicker just missed a field goal.
    Still a scoreless game in rainy Washington D.C., and since the 49ers undefeated magic will run out I wouldn't be amazed if the 49ers lost to the Skins in Washington D.C. The Skins imploded vs the Patriots after a watchable 1st half, likely they learned from that 2nd half meltdown and play a full game to defeat a undefeated team.