Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 962
  1. #76
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A good coach ala a Belichick can shut it down quick... "We feel Colin helps our team and we always look for good players. This is about the team . I'll take a question that isn't about Colin next..."
    The problem there is that a well run team capable of handling the press distractions that come with Kaepernick are the ones least likely to be in the market for him. New England in particular has only had a real question at backup once since Brady emerged - that was when they traded away both Brissett and Garapolo, but Hoyer became available quickly. And while Hoyer is never going to be a top end starter, he is a very good backup and he already knew the team system.

    Basically, the teams most in need of Kaep are the ones least able to deal with the distraction on having him on the roster. It sucks, it isn't anything that even remotely resembles fair, but it is what it is.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  2. #77
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    5,396

    Default

    Amazing. Well, the Raiders finally found someone who was such a bad egg that even they couldn't stand him. Never thought I'd see the day.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  3. #78
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Amazing. Well, the Raiders finally found someone who was such a bad egg that even they couldn't stand him. Never thought I'd see the day.
    And that the guy was a speedy wide receiver too. Al must be spinning in his grave.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The problem there is that a well run team capable of handling the press distractions that come with Kaepernick are the ones least likely to be in the market for him. New England in particular has only had a real question at backup once since Brady emerged - that was when they traded away both Brissett and Garapolo, but Hoyer became available quickly. And while Hoyer is never going to be a top end starter, he is a very good backup and he already knew the team system.

    Basically, the teams most in need of Kaep are the ones least able to deal with the distraction on having him on the roster. It sucks, it isn't anything that even remotely resembles fair, but it is what it is.
    This. When the Kaep thing first started the Pats had Brady at starter, Garopollo as a back up and later had Brissett. There was literally no need for him whatsoever. For 5 seconds we could have used him, but he would not have fit the system at all, and Hoyer was an easy get who had experience. Now they dropped Hoyer because Stidham looks like he can do the job.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Amazing. Well, the Raiders finally found someone who was such a bad egg that even they couldn't stand him. Never thought I'd see the day.
    Al Davis would have kept him

  6. #81
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    5,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Al Davis would have kept him
    Yes I agree. In fact as Antonio Brown was leaving the stadium today, a ghostly silver-jumpsuited man was seen running after him.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  7. #82
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,447

    Default

    The enabling continues, he's going to New England. He throws tantrums suitable to a 5 year old and he gets rewarded by being a part of a championship team. Unbelievable. I'll be a bad person and say it, I hope he tears an ACL.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  8. #83
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Amazing. Well, the Raiders finally found someone who was such a bad egg that even they couldn't stand him. Never thought I'd see the day.
    And that kennel has Richie Incognito and Vontaze Burfict on the roster.

    By the by, guess who just signed Brown....yep, New England!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The enabling continues, he's going to New England. He throws tantrums suitable to a 5 year old and he gets rewarded by being a part of a championship team. Unbelievable. I'll be a bad person and say it, I hope he tears an ACL.
    Looking more like 8D chess now, there's no way the Steelers would ever have traded him to the Patriots so if that's where he wanted to go then he must've been planning something like this and the Raiders were just the unfortunate patsy. It starts to feel a bit fishy when you consider that for all the back and forth between him and the Raiders, there isn't actually any substantive dispute between them that would really warrant all of this, and it just seems like he was causing trouble for its own sake which, if this was his goal all along, was brilliant.

    As for the rest of the league, I guess it's time to commence with the tanking. #trusttheprocess

  10. #85
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And that kennel has Richie Incognito and Vontaze Burfict on the roster.

    By the by, guess who just signed Brown....yep, New England!
    Bill has attempted multiple reclamation projects, trusting in the twofold pillars of the culture in the locker room and his willingness to cut ties and move on when things don't work out. Sometimes you get Cory Dillon, other times you get Albert Haynesworth(less). If they can get him somewhat cheap - like, say, after someone else has paid his signing bonus, it's worth the try. When the coach will tear into the star QB in front of the team, most people understand that it's what you bring to the field and not your pedigree that determines where you stand.

    So while I am a bit hinky about the move, I understand the team taking it. Even if I think it's likely that Brown doesn't last past one season at best. Once he has rebuilt himself, he'll want a new payday.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  11. #86

    Default

    Brown effectively crazied himself into a 50% pay cut, but gets to play for a contender. Hell, he arguably could suit up against the Steelers tomorrow, although I don't know if it's a good idea to plug a guy in to a game plan at the last minute like this, even if he's that talented.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  12. #87
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Brown effectively crazied himself into a 50% pay cut, but gets to play for a contender. Hell, he arguably could suit up against the Steelers tomorrow, although I don't know if it's a good idea to plug a guy in to a game plan at the last minute like this, even if he's that talented.
    Pats Pulpit and E!SPN are both saying he isn't eligible for the Steelers game.

    The crazier thing is him leaving after the season will still likely net the Patriots at least a 5th round comp pick. He supposedly has too many accrued seasons to rate a 3rd from what I am reading.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-07-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  13. #88
    Legend HowitzerJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,099

    Default


  14. #89
    Legend HowitzerJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    My Predictions: Patriots are inevitable
    Probably right.

  15. #90
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Here's the reality, Brown is still in his prime.

    He's going on an offense that will be led by Tom Brady that features Josh Gordon, Demaryius Thomas, Julian Edelman and two extremely promising young rookies in addition to a very strong run game with Sony Michel, Rex Burkhead and James White. Meanwhile they just revamped their defense with Michael Bennett, Chase Winovitch, and Jamie Collins from being a top 5 with arguably the best secondary in the league

    He's going to spend a year in a lot of prime time marquee games winning, with Gordon there he can't be double'd all the time so he will be able to feast, and at the end of the year if the Pats don't resign him... his production will have made up for the last few weeks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •