Page 64 of 155 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Darnold is trying to make Trubisky look like a MVP from yesterday with this lack of good QB play. His numbers thus far 8/24 for 50 yards and 4 Ints.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This is part of why I'm alright with Arizona taking Kyler Murray at #1 this year... he's not just moving the ball well, he's not turning it over. So many young QBs do, and you can't tell for 2 or 3 years if they're going to get with it and stop.

Mayfield, Darnold, Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, Daniel Jones, ... there's a lot of young QBs in a "phase".

I'm relieved that for the moment, it looks like that QB is not a position where the Cardinals have questions.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-21-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I imagine Darnold coming to the sideline, frustrated by the Patriots defense and being like, "Damn coach, what am I not seeing out there?"

And he gets this answer:

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of young QB's this video was great to see. It illustrates the idea teams should always look ahead to QB's as their star QB's get older. Here is some good stories...

- The Bengals wanted Steve Young and planned to make him sit on the bench a season or two behind Ken Anderson then. Anderson was entering his final seasons and Paul Brown was starting to get the plane fueled up as the scout told him they couldn't get Young to answer. Then they heard he had signed a deal with USFL. This threw Cincinnati into a spot where they had to find a way to replace Anderson at some point.

- The video shows an older scout for the San Diego Chargers who wanted to replace Dan Fouts at some point. He too was getting older and he saw the same things in Jeff Hostetler from WV. Big nice arm , is a big guy who can take some hits back there and durable etc.

- Tampa Bay was still searching for a QB after Doug Williams. They sent a 1st rd pick to Bengals for Jack Thompson as this shows. By the end of 1984 season Thompson was done.

- New England traded up to get Irving Fryar as this shows as he was ranked as the #1 WR in the country.

- Boomer Esasian was in a spot as he now wondered where he'd go. As this brings up Philadelphia could give him a look. But the team he had no desire to ever play for was the Colts. They had moved to Indy and being a loyal Maryland fan he said he'd never play for them if they drafted him.

- Young was pissed over Supplemental draft as he wanted to test free agency if USFL went down.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Just read a hot take:

Bolts were a sexy Super Bowl pick this summer. Now their season’s already circling the drain after finding another unique and innovative way to lose. Might be time to ship Philip Rivers and hit the reset button.
    Should the bolts hang on to Rivers? Or should they try to trade him? What would his value be? Would Rivers even want to be traded? How's he gunna provide for his eleven kids?

While I think Rivers might be in the twilight of his career; I think the odds are he's going to go down along side Marino as one of those HoF QBs that never won a ring.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I read that the NE defense/ST unit is the 11th highest scoring asset in fantasy - in PPR leagues. In non-PPR, they rank 7th.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mohamed Sanu is heading to the Patriots.

And this is apparently the start of a Falcons fire sale.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Just read a hot take:

Should the bolts hang on to Rivers? Or should they try to trade him? What would his value be? Would Rivers even want to be traded? How's he gunna provide for his eleven kids?

While I think Rivers might be in the twilight of his career; I think the odds are he's going to go down along side Marino as one of those HoF QBs that never won a ring.
    If Rivers were traded, the Chargers would be in immediate rebuild mode. They don't have a backup who can really even hope to take his place in the near future, so they'd be shopping for a QB among a lot of QBs who are pretty mediocre, of the one's there are to get. Which leaves the draft, again a crapshoot.

Since a fair amount of the team is still young, my guess is that they negotiate a new contract for Rivers' so he can stay around and help groom the next guy, whoever that may be.

Rivers - HoF? His numbers say yes but my heart says no. Comparing him to Marino, Rivers has overall fewer accolades. And a couple of big accolades on Marino's side, which Rivers does not have, are his MVP and Super Bowl year. The other thing to consider is that Rivers had Antonio Gates, a future HoFer for sure. Marino had Duper and Clayton, not horrible, but only considered good by any stretch because of Marino. He made a couple of forgettable wideouts into unforgettable players. Rivers has overall had a better team around him than Marino ever did.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-22-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If Rivers were traded, the Chargers would be in immediate rebuild mode. They don't have a backup who can really even hope to take his place in the near future, so they'd be shopping for a QB among a lot of QBs who are pretty mediocre, of the one's there are to get. Which leaves the draft, again a crapshoot.

Since a fair amount of the team is still young, my guess is that they negotiate a new contract for Rivers' so he can stay around and help groom the next guy, whoever that may be.

Rivers - HoF? His numbers say yes but my heart says no. Comparing him to Marino, Rivers has overall fewer accolades. And a couple of big accolades on Marino's side, which Rivers does not have, are his MVP and Super Bowl year. The other thing to consider is that Rivers had Antonio Gates, a future HoFer for sure. Marino had Duper and Clayton, not horrible, but only considered good by any stretch because of Marino. He made a couple of forgettable wideouts into unforgettable players. Rivers has overall had a better team around him than Marino ever did.
    Chargers should dump Melvin before Rivers.

And comparing somebody to Marino doesn't mean he's better than Marino. I do see the arguments about Rivers being like Marino, though.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Mohamed Sanu is heading to the Patriots.

And this is apparently the start of a Falcons fire sale.
    Just heard about the trade. WOW! And the rich get richer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just heard about the trade. WOW! And the rich get richer.
    Eagles are apparently making a deal for another CB since the Ramsey deal fell through.

And CIN & ATL are looking to start a fire sale like MIA did.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-22-2019 at 10:02 AM.

RIP Football Legend Willie Brown
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Eagles are apparently making a deal for another CB since the Ramsey deal fell through.
    After what I watched Sunday night, the Birds would need two clones of Deion Sanders in his twenties to rescue our horrific secondary.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-22-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

49ers send 3rd and 4th round picks to Denver for WR Emmanuel Sanders and 5th rounder.

Folks have been calling for a Denver fire sale, so this too could b the start of something. The big question everyone seems to ask is if they would deal Von Miller.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The floodgates are about to open for this trading deadline. There are so many teams that look like locks for going to the playoffs, and so many teams at 0-2 wins that are looking to rebuild. This is gonna be a big year. Ramsey, Sanders, and Sanu are just the start.