Page 66 of 155 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I get being annoyed that a personal comment of one's own performance that isn't positive should have been filtered out. They always are otherwise, because we never hear that sort of stuff any other time. At the same time, the exaggerated outrage over it is just the Jets organization trying to cover and deflect from their absolutely putrid performance.
    Putrid is being kind.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

In a twist hearkening back to Super Bowl 50, some fans and pundit are calling for the Broncos to make a run for Cam Newton. Tell you what, I'd be happy to know Von Miller is on my team rather than the opposing team.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There are certain coaches who are just QB whisperers. They can take a QB and make them a damn star. Bill Walsh was one of those coaches really good at it. He helped get a decent season from Steve DeBerg before he traded him. If you watch the mic'd up segments with Montana , he is discussing actual coverage and plays .

And Walsh was really good at developing QB's. The guy helped develop 2 Hall of Fame QB's and signed one from CFL because he thought he was solid too in Jeff Garcia. I never saw Gase do anything at all on sideline last night.
    I credit Andy Reid as a great QB coach. Like, how many years in a row did McNabb get dinged up in Philly, some schmoe would start a handful of games for the Eagles and look decent, and then some team would come running to trade for the backup, and try to make them the starter? The suckers just kept lining up.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In a twist hearkening back to Super Bowl 50, some fans and pundit are calling for the Broncos to make a run for Cam Newton. Tell you what, I'd be happy to know Von Miller is on my team rather than the opposing team.
    I think this would be a decent trade to pull off. As the Panthers do seem to have a young QB who fits what they wanna run in Kyle Allen. While the Broncos don't seem to have a QB at all really. And can adjust an offense around him.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I credit Andy Reid as a great QB coach. Like, how many years in a row did McNabb get dinged up in Philly, some schmoe would start a handful of games for the Eagles and look decent, and then some team would come running to trade for the backup, and try to make them the starter? The suckers just kept lining up.
    Reid seems like a modern day QB whisperer. He can take almost any QB it seems and make them play like an all-star. I mean he took Michael Vick and made him play really good.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well in news that surprises even me ...Pat Mahomes will be throwing in practice today. Reid claims the team will see how he does to decide if he does a full practice but said Mahomes is a FULL STEAM AHEAD type of guy. (keeping Pat Mahomes on the bench for 3-4 weeks will be hard)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well in news that surprises even me ...Pat Mahomes will be throwing in practice today. Reid claims the team will see how he does to decide if he does a full practice but said Mahomes is a FULL STEAM AHEAD type of guy. (keeping Pat Mahomes on the bench for 3-4 weeks will be hard)
    That's admirable on the part of Mahomes, but if Reid were smart, he'll keep his star QB on the sidelines for at least this week, even if it's a Sunday night showdown against Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay. Losing an out of conference game won't hurt the Chiefs in the long run, the important thing is to have Mahomes healthy at the end of the season and for the playoffs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

One cool aspect of youtube is there is a ton of those classic Video Yearbook of NFL teams. From the 1970's to 1990's these videos were done by teams. Various people would narrate them like Frank Gifford did the Giants videos I have seen. But the funniest ones have to be teams like say the 1974 NY Giants . Who went 2-14 and they titled the video "Phase II" and proclaim how Bill Arnsbarger was bringing a new great era to Giants football.

The team during the season made a shocking in conference trade for Craig Morton who sadly struggled with Giants for 3 seasons. (The entire team sucked basically and Morton in 34 games was 8-25 , 29 TD's and 49 Ints). .

But I miss team videos of teams sucking so bad with titles that proclaim that a turn around was gonna happen as the year wasn't so bad. I really wish we lived in an area of Cleveland's 0-16 season being a team video . "From Cellar to Penthouse Soon : The 2016 Cleveland Browns !"

NFL News...

- New England made a trade for Mohamad Sanu now makes more sense as the team will be waiving Josh Gordon. The WR suffered a leg injury and could be 8 weeks out . So the team will be waiving him after he hits injured reserve.

- The Chiefs have moved Kyle Shurmur from practice squad to be the #2 QB behind Matt Moore this weekend. Reid has said the Chiefs like Shurmur and he made the team for his play in preseason. Shurmur is the son of Pat Shurmur (The Giants HC) .

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's admirable on the part of Mahomes, but if Reid were smart, he'll keep his star QB on the sidelines for at least this week, even if it's a Sunday night showdown against Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay. Losing an out of conference game won't hurt the Chiefs in the long run, the important thing is to have Mahomes healthy at the end of the season and for the playoffs.
    You of all people should remember how fast and lose Reid was with McNabb and his injuries. At times I swear Reid had the guy wrap himself in duct tape, swallow a spoonful of cement and get back in there. Not to put that all on Reid, because McNabb was of a similar "play no matter what" mindset as Mahomes, too.

I expect Mahomes to play. And for him to look like some version of Brett Farve.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Predictions for Week 8

Vikings over Redskins- Vikings get an easy win at home
    Seahawks over Falcons- impossible to pick the Falcons anymore
    Eagles over Bills- the Eagles need this game far more than the Bills
    Bears over Chargers- Chargers fall to 2-6
    Lions over Giants- Giants fall to 2-6
    Texans over Raiders- Texans win at home
    Jaguars over Jets- Jags reach a 4-4 record
    Rams over Bengals- Bengals remain winless
    Saints over Cardinals- Saints keep winning
    Titans over Bucs- Titans reach 4-4, whole AFC South is .500 or better
    49ers over Panthers- The 49ers remain undefeated
    Colts over Broncos- Broncos fall to 2-6
    Patriots over Browns- Patriots remain undefeated
    Packers over Chiefs- Aaron Rodgers wins the night
    Steelers over Dolphins- Steelers manage a third win, allowing them to stay relevant in the second half of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    You of all people should remember how fast and lose Reid was with McNabb and his injuries. At times I swear Reid had the guy wrap himself in duct tape, swallow a spoonful of cement and get back in there. Not to put that all on Reid, because McNabb was of a similar "play no matter what" mindset as Mahomes, too.

I expect Mahomes to play. And for him to look like some version of Brett Farve.
    Which is why Reid should be smarter after all these years and learned his lesson about playing his franchise quarterback in situations which aren't advantageous for his team, or the player.

For Bronco fans begging to see Drew Lock , well thats not gonna happen anytime soon. John Elway has said Lock is not ready to start due to still being on IR and the fact he isn't ready to start mentally yet. The fear is Elway has to get Lock right as a future franchise QB as his last 3 QB failures have loomed big. Trevor Seimen , Paxton Lynch and Case Keenum have been viewed as absolute failures. Flacco is heading towards **** failure as well and he has to get Lock right.

So Lock may sit the entire season.

For Bronco fans begging to see Drew Lock , well thats not gonna happen anytime soon. John Elway has said Lock is not ready to start due to still being on IR and the fact he isn't ready to start mentally yet. The fear is Elway has to get Lock right as a future franchise QB as his last 3 QB failures have loomed big. Trevor Seimen , Paxton Lynch and Case Keenum have been viewed as absolute failures. Flacco is heading towards **** failure as well and he has to get Lock right.

So Lock may sit the entire season.
    I find it amazing that Elway, a Hall of Fame quarterback has bombed so completely at drafting for a position he should know like the back of his own hand. Sure, the Draft is often a crapshoot, but damn, you'd think Elway would've found ONE diamond in the rough in four tries.

I find it amazing that Elway, a Hall of Fame quarterback has bombed so completely at drafting for a position he should know like the back of his own hand. Sure, the Draft is often a crapshoot, but damn, you'd think Elway would've found ONE diamond in the rough in four tries.
    Having knowledge and ability are 2 separate things.

He might have been a great QB but he clearly doesn't have the knowledge to see or pass that on.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Having knowledge and ability are 2 separate things.

He might have been a great QB but he clearly doesn't have the knowledge to see or pass that on.

There has been cases where former great QB's had issues finding franchise QB's as they became coaches and GM's. To name a few...

- Norm Van Brocklin : The Flying Dutchman was a classic NFL QB and Hall of Famer. He played from 1949 to 1960 for 2 solid teams and after his playing career ended he became a coach of the Minnesota Vikings. Its here where Van Brocklin was behind the times. He clashed with Fran Tarkenton who he felt didn't fit his model of what a QB should be and one who didn't scramble. He would trade him away and then get fired soon after. In Atlanta Brocklin cycled through QB's like Bob Perry , Randy Johnson (who was selected before Brocklin became coach and was a bust in 1st rd) , Bruce Lemmerman , Leo Hart , Dick Shiner and Pat Sullivan.

Bart Starr : Starr as a Hall of Fame QB had 9 seasons in Green Bay. Which is wild to think about. In that span ... John Hadl (who he was saddled with due to Devine's piss poor trade) , Alan Autry , Lynn Dickey (who would later in 1980 become the short term franchise QB for awhile) , David Whitehurst , Bobby Douglas , Dennis Sproul , Steve Pisarkiewicz , and Rich Campbell (who they selected in 1st rd of 1981 draft and was a colossal bust).

But you get the idea. Sometimes Hall of Fame QB's miss on QB's. Dickey was lucky he managed to come back from a broken leg and become a decent starter for 4-5 seasons before his career ended.