Page 67 of 155 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2317

I've heard a theory that your best QB's are actually better at evaluating defensive talent because they've had to study and read them their whole careers. Just a theory, but it would certainly line up in Elway's case. In his years in Denver he's had some success drafting on the defensive side of the ball, whereas most of his offensive picks have bombed hard. His only real success on that side of the ball was in free agency, and a lot of that was due to the allure of playing with Manning.

As far as Lock, I'm not at all in any hurry to throw him out to the wolves, so that alone doesn't bug me. What bugs me is that by remaining on IR, he can't practice with the team or be at the team facilities. So he's not learning anything.

And for anyone wondering, yes the goodwill of his HOF career and being a top 5 QB of all time has finally largely worn off here. 4 years of no playoffs and three of which that were major suck is getting to people. So for those wondering what it would take, this is what it took. lol.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-24-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well, if Lock never actually plays it can't be considered another Elway failure.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, if Lock never actually plays it can't be considered another Elway failure.
    If Elway gets fired at the end of season and Lock never played this season even in mop up duty its gonna look bad on him. He spent a 2nd rd pick on Lock. Of course down the road if Lock becomes a solid QB , then Elway will be rewarded as drafting him. But thus far , given the repeated QB blunders ...at this very moment he's gonna take heat on the guy not even able to do mop up garbage time type playing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Patriots trade DE Michael Bennett to the Cowboys for a conditional 7th round pick (could improve to a 6th rounder). Looks like Bennett couldn't handle the Patriots way after his 1 game suspension from the team after he got into a conflict with a member of the Pats coaching staff). Not sure how he will do in Dallas. He was upset about playing time and Marinelli runs a pretty deep rotation and DeMarcus Lawrence and Robert Quinn will be the ones who will get the bulk of the snaps at DE, but it is probably worth a 7th round pick to take a flyer on Bennett. It's not like they can count on Randy Gregory for anything moving forward.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

DE Corey Vereen, who spent time in the Pats training camp and in the American Alliance of Football (where he lead his team in sacks) has said he will not be signing a contract after being drafted by an XFL team because of the low pay. He said he can make more at his current job as a software developer than he can playing football in the XFL, and was led to believe salaries would be higher when he agreed to enter the league's draft.

The question is will Vereen be an outlier, or will others follow his lead jeopardizing the ability of the league to field teams with their current budget.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    DE Corey Vereen, who spent time in the Pats training camp and in the American Alliance of Football (where he lead his team in sacks) has said he will not be signing a contract after being drafted by an XFL team because of the low pay. He said he can make more at his current job as a software developer than he can playing football in the XFL, and was led to believe salaries would be higher when he agreed to enter the league's draft.

The question is will Vereen be an outlier, or will others follow his lead jeopardizing the ability of the league to field teams with their current budget.

-M
    It will be a 50/50 deal. Many will keep their good paying jobs and not risk their health for XFL and Vince McMahon. While some are chasing that NFL dream and thinking the XFL will get them exposure for the NFL teams to look at.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I've heard a theory that your best QB's are actually better at evaluating defensive talent because they've had to study and read them their whole careers. Just a theory, but it would certainly line up in Elway's case. In his years in Denver he's had some success drafting on the defensive side of the ball, whereas most of his offensive picks have bombed hard. His only real success on that side of the ball was in free agency, and a lot of that was due to the allure of playing with Manning.

As far as Lock, I'm not at all in any hurry to throw him out to the wolves, so that alone doesn't bug me. What bugs me is that by remaining on IR, he can't practice with the team or be at the team facilities. So he's not learning anything.

And for anyone wondering, yes the goodwill of his HOF career and being a top 5 QB of all time has finally largely worn off here. 4 years of no playoffs and three of which that were major suck is getting to people. So for those wondering what it would take, this is what it took. lol.
    That makes a lot of sense actually.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Watching the Redskins/Vikings game and its wild to see both offenses drive up n down the field til they get in redzone and both QB's start getting hammered with sacks. Comically the Vikings decide to hand the ball off with 30 seconds in the redzone twice , using time outs. Now on 3rd down they have one shot to get it into endzone quick.

Well due to Keenum suffering a concussion on a sack before the half (which no one realized til he went to the back) , Dwayne Haskins is forced into starting before he's ready again. Aikman points out Haskins doing a quick read missed a WR who had broke deep. But as posted weeks earlier , Haskins has been on practice team during the whole run of Jay Gruden's. He's only started taking legit snaps likely under Callahan who said he'd have Haskins attempt to be ready in 3-4 weeks.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It will be a 50/50 deal. Many will keep their good paying jobs and not risk their health for XFL and Vince McMahon. While some are chasing that NFL dream and thinking the XFL will get them exposure for the NFL teams to look at.
    And that’s exactly what Vince is counting on, guys desperate enough to take those perilous risks, even though there’s little to no chance at the ultimate reward. Those who say no to the XFL are the smart ones who accepted that their football dreams are over and have moved on with their lives.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Adrian Peterson continues to defy father time as he just passed LT and Jerome Bettis on the career rushing list tonight. He now ranks 6th all-time. Its amazing since Peterson was given up for dead last year and thus far has seemingly at 33/34 carried the Redskins on his back the last 2 years rushing.

Peterson claims he wants to play a couple more seasons. His next big target is Curtis Martin who is at 14,101 career rushing yards. Frank Gore passed him last season.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

a Win is a Win but the Vikes should have won this game by 4 TDs.
    What has happen to Xavier Rhodes? His play has really fallen off this season letting WRs running wild open and too many flags against him.
    Congrats to AP for passing 2 more RBs legends on his way to the Hall of Fame.

Its clear Dwayne Haskins is no where ready to start after what we saw last night. He struggled with pressure and over threw a wide open WR that led to an interception. Troy Aikman diagnosed that Haskins in one year of college is still adjusting to the overall game itself as a QB. Now combine that with the speed of the NFL and its not easy.

Now the Redskins maybe forced to start Haskins against Buffalo next week. Given that Colt McCoy is still out , they are in this spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Adrian Peterson continues to defy father time as he just passed LT and Jerome Bettis on the career rushing list tonight. He now ranks 6th all-time. Its amazing since Peterson was given up for dead last year and thus far has seemingly at 33/34 carried the Redskins on his back the last 2 years rushing.

Peterson claims he wants to play a couple more seasons. His next big target is Curtis Martin who is at 14,101 career rushing yards. Frank Gore passed him last season.
    If Peterson didn't have two seasons where he got hurt, he would probably be approaching Emmitt Smith's career numbers in both yards and TDs. He hasn't necessarily been as consistent as Smith through his career, but when he's on, I'd definitely put him in the conversation of best RB of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    If Peterson didn't have two seasons where he got hurt, he would probably be approaching Emmitt Smith's career numbers in both yards and TDs. He hasn't necessarily been as consistent as Smith through his career, but when he's on, I'd definitely put him in the conversation of best RB of all time.
    Yeah the injuries and the 1 season suspension he took for whipping his son also factors in. He would likely be around 17,000+ career rushing yards had those 3 missed seasons never happened.