Page 68 of 155 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its clear Dwayne Haskins is no where ready to start after what we saw last night. He struggled with pressure and over threw a wide open WR that led to an interception. Troy Aikman diagnosed that Haskins in one year of college is still adjusting to the overall game itself as a QB. Now combine that with the speed of the NFL and its not easy.

Now the Redskins maybe forced to start Haskins against Buffalo next week. Given that Colt McCoy is still out , they are in this spot.
    I don't know how many Ohio State QBs will fail at the NFL level before someone in the league realizes they're not an answer. Kent Graham might be the most successful signal-caller to come out of that program, and that's not saying much.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't know how many Ohio State QBs will fail at the NFL level before someone in the league realizes they're not an answer. Kent Graham might be the most successful signal-caller to come out of that program, and that's not saying much.
    Haskins had a ton of upside if developed right. But he was drafted on a team that really hasn't developed a franchise QB. Cousins was lucky he actually was able to develop himself as a QB. Because the owner didn't like him (Snyder brushing by him after he led the team to a win , which pissed off players) and no one expected him to start a season. Haskins was pushed on Gruden by the owner and the result is what were seeing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Adrian Peterson continues to defy father time as he just passed LT and Jerome Bettis on the career rushing list tonight. He now ranks 6th all-time. Its amazing since Peterson was given up for dead last year and thus far has seemingly at 33/34 carried the Redskins on his back the last 2 years rushing.

Peterson claims he wants to play a couple more seasons. His next big target is Curtis Martin who is at 14,101 career rushing yards. Frank Gore passed him last season.
    Peterson also maintains a 4.7 yard average per carry. Better than anyone in the top ten save Barry Sanders. The guy was amazing last night. After the game, I loved him and Cook having their little talk. Cook was really good last night too, against that Washington defense. In the immortal words of Sam Darnold, he had them seeing ghosts.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-25-2019 at 08:40 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Peterson also maintains a 4.7 yard average per carry. Better than anyone in the top ten save Barry Sanders. The guy was amazing last night. After the game, I loved him and Cook having their little talk. Cook was really good last night too, against that Washington defense. In the immortal words of Sam Darnold, he had them seeing ghosts.
    Peterson getting a standing ovation reminded me of Gonzalez and the fans loving him even when he left. Fans saw players who gave everything they had and left proudly so they cheered them even when they came to play. (I do wish Atlanta had done right by Gonzalez and traded him back that final half season to give him a shot at a ring and return)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Chiefs have rules Mahomes out for Sunday's game, so he is going to get at least one week off to heal up a bit before they throw him back into the fire.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

NFL News...

- With the Cleveland Browns set to take on New England's top ranked defense ; the team is making some changes. Greg Robinson (starting LT) who has struggled all season allowing sacks , penalties etc ; announced he will be benched this weekend. The team will start a backup LT .

- Bucky Brooks has wrote a column saying that the Bears have to now cut ties with Mitchell Trubisky after 30 games (half into his 3rd season) due to how he's played. That they need to look at drafting a franchise QB.

Trubisky for some reason is under these big expectations by Bears fans and pundits. He's kind of becoming a whipping boy. But the Bears losses are Packers and Saints - two of the elite teams in the NFL. And the Raiders, by a nose, after Trubisky led a pretty good second half comeback. They play the Chargers this weekend. Based on the way the team has performed, they should win.

Its kind of hilarious that any modern Bears fan would expect the team to have an elite QB, as if thats some kind of thing they are used to having. Sit down and shut up Bears fan, or I swear you will end up with Rex Grossman again. He's probably available!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Trubisky for some reason is under these big expectations by Bears fans and pundits. He's kind of becoming a whipping boy. But the Bears losses are Packers and Saints - two of the elite teams in the NFL. And the Raiders, by a nose, after Trubisky led a pretty good second half comeback. They play the Chargers this weekend. Based on the way the team has performed, they should win.

Its kind of hilarious that any modern Bears fan would expect the team to have an elite QB, as if thats some kind of thing they are used to having. Sit down and shut up Bears fan, or I swear you will end up with Rex Grossman again. He's probably available!

You may wanna go, back and examine the last game. The Saints game one in particular. Trubiksy's stat line looks great but if you look closer he is a QB that had 80 yards of offense heading into the 3rd quarter and was constantly over throwing deep passes. Plus this isn't the 1st real criticism of Trubisky , he has struggled learning the Chiefs style offense since last season under Nagy. (a fact Nagy told he had to make it easier for him to run this preseason)

Speaking of the Redskins , lost to history is the fact that the Redskins had the shortest QB in NFL history at one time. In fact 5'7 Eddie LeBaron was a decent Pro Bowl starter for a number of years before he was traded away to Dallas as that organizations 1st QB.

There really is no telling if LeBaron would have kept up his play had he not decided to retire and run his law firm , then accept a trade to Dallas to be a starter awhile. He was coming off a good run in Washington.

In NFL News ,

The NY Jets likely will be facing a grievance from offensive lineman Kelechi Osemele. The lineman was released after he went against Jets training staff who didn't want him to have shoulder surgery. He was placed on IR and released soon after the surgery was ok. Osemele was in his 1st season with Jets after being a Pro Bowler with Raiders.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...houlder-injury

The NY Jets are facing major hell for this as they tried to stop Osemele from having the surgery.

In NFL News ,

The NY Jets likely will be facing a grievance from offensive lineman Kelechi Osemele. The lineman was released after he went against Jets training staff who didn't want him to have shoulder surgery. He was placed on IR and released soon after the surgery was ok. Osemele was in his 1st season with Jets after being a Pro Bowler with Raiders.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...houlder-injury

The NY Jets are facing major hell for this as they tried to stop Osemele from having the surgery.
    When you make Washington's training staff seem good in comparison... goddamn.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Chiefs have rules Mahomes out for Sunday's game, so he is going to get at least one week off to heal up a bit before they throw him back into the fire.

-M
    A good call, even if it takes more than a little luster off tonight's game for NBC hoping for big ratings from an Aaron Rodgers-Patrick Mahomes duel.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Speaking of Mahomes , doctors believe he's a medical miracle. That he actually is double jointed and that it was able to make sure he had no damage to his knee. Also he wanted to play this week as he was jogging at practice !

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...against-titans

KC is sending his scans to other doctors to make sure but now there is talk he may play next weekend or at least at the Titans.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Eagles have a high wall to climb to end the blessing since they play a pretty good Bills team in Buffalo.

Wow the fact the Bears fans would rather have the embarrassment bust bum Jay Cutler than Trubisky after the Saints made the game a laugher in the 2nd half vs the bad Bears makes that defeat even more miserable.

I'm confident the Titans win 2 consecutive games since they have a winnable game vs the Bucs in Nashville.

Drew Brees is looking good , that thumb injury seems healed as he's throwing early. Brees escapes a sure sack from Chandler Jones and throws a good pass to his TE.