Page 7 of 155 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Here's the deal, teams ability to tolerate you being a distraction is correlated to your ability.

If Cam Newton did the exact same thing Kaepernick did, there is no doubt he would be on a team right now. If Bryan Hoyer or Jacoby Brissett did what Kaep did, they'd be out as well. I'm not even sure the team owners agree, they just don't value him enough for the issue some fans have with him. Also it's worth noting, Seattle tried to work a deal with him and couldn't get it done, he was working with the Ravens as well and then his girlfriend called the owner a slave master which killed that.

Kaep is good enough to be in the NFL, he's just not good enough to be the headache he causes for teams. I'm saying that as someone who agrees 100% on Kaeps positions politically. Nobody wants the drama around your team to be about the 2nd string QB who is maybe kinda a fill in starter. As a Pats fan, I'll put up with anything for Brady, I would not for Stidham, or Hoyer, or even Jimmy G when he was here.
    Glad to see someone else gets it.

Soon as I saw Brown got cut today I knew he'd be signed before the end of the weekend. I figured the Pats were a good bet since they have a history of taking on headcases and Brown might be more likely to behave since he's got the best QB in NFL history throwing to him and he's playing for the best coach in NFL history. I hate the Patriots by the way but the truth hurts and that is the truth about Brady and Belichick. If age finally catches up to Brady this season and the Pats start losing maybe this implodes but right now its a win for both sides.

If Brown suddenly calms down I'm calling bullshit. This is like purposely being a complete ass to your gf so she breaks up with you, then conveniently you have a new, hotter girlfriend the next day. Not because you lucked out, but because you freaking met and was into her beforehand and got broken up with on purpose.

Either way the most unlikable player and the most unlikable team in the league both just got a hell of a lot more unlikable. This really sucks though for fans of potential AFC contenders. My team's not so its not like this changes anything. But Chiefs fans have gotta be super pissed. I mean, maybe it doesn't work, but this is the Patriots. It'll work.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-07-2019 at 04:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If Brown suddenly calms down I'm calling bullshit. This is like purposely being a complete ass to your gf so she breaks up with you, then conveniently you have a new, hotter girlfriend the next day. Not because you lucked out, but because you freaking met and was into her beforehand and got broken up with on purpose.

Either way the most unlikable player and the most unlikable team in the league both just got a hell of a lot more unlikable. This really sucks though for fans of potential AFC contenders. My team's not so its not like this changes anything. But Chiefs fans have gotta be super pissed. I mean, maybe it doesn't work, but this is the Patriots. It'll work.
    Winning soothes a lot of issues. Although the Pats have had some issues with reclamation projects - failing with Albert Haynesworth and only managing to keep Adalius Thomas in line for a single season. Success is NOT guaranteed, even in New England.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I had mix emotions about the patriots signing Brown,
    But came to the realization that I am a Packer fan and
    Have come to understand that it is better to focus and
    Support your own team and not worry about other teams
    Or players and if any of them play and operate above board.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Chiefs fans aren't pissed really. They really saw this weaken a division rival honestly. The entire thing weakened a divisional rival. New England was gonna contend regardless. Adding Brown changes nothing. I'm sure Denver is happy as KC is...they don't have to plot for Brown game plan wise now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Weaker division certainly takes precedence, I rather forgot about that in all the hubub. But I would disagree that adding Brown changes nothing. Yeah New England was always going to contend but if Brown behaves and plays well? That's a big deal. If it works, I don't think its a stretch to say that the rest of the AFC is F'd in the A. Time will tell. For what its worth I'll be hoping for all parties it doesn't work at all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-07-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Weaker division certainly takes precedence, I rather forgot about that in all the hubub. But I would disagree that adding Brown changes nothing. Yeah New England was always going to contend but if Brown behaves and plays well? That's a big deal. If it works, I don't think its a stretch to say that the rest of the AFC is F'd in the A. Time will tell. For what its worth I'll be hoping for all parties it doesn't work at all.
    If he does the 1st hint of trouble Bill will cut bait quick. Gordon is likely on fragile ground and Brown's deal is a 1 year deal more or less.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Yes because the Chiefs didn’t just sign a much more unlikeable player

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Amazing. Well, the Raiders finally found someone who was such a bad egg that even they couldn't stand him. Never thought I'd see the day.
    If only this was about Jon Gruden and not Antonio Brown.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    If only this was about Jon Gruden and not Antonio Brown.
    Well Gruden was gonna look the other way and start Brown on Monday , regardless of how he acted. Its just that Brown then told the team if forced to pay fines , he wouldn't play on Monday and then did the RELEASE ME on Instagram deal.

Jon Gruden was gonna stand by this bad behavior comically. Now he's forced to start a team weakened by this disaster .

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well Gruden was gonna look the other way and start Brown on Monday , regardless of how he acted. Its just that Brown then told the team if forced to pay fines , he wouldn't play on Monday and then did the RELEASE ME on Instagram deal.

Jon Gruden was gonna stand by this bad behavior comically. Now he's forced to start a team weakened by this disaster .
    The thing is this weakens Gruden as well. It shows everyone that as long as you show up to play, the coach will otherwise let the inmates run the asylum.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The thing is this weakens Gruden as well. It shows everyone that as long as you show up to play, the coach will otherwise let the inmates run the asylum.
    The Raiders have long had this stance of taking troubled fucks and letting them run things. It worked in the prior eras as we saw. But it failed as said troubled players later was just too much assholes . I mean the moment you sign Jeff George and expect him to suddenly become a model citizen was the funniest part of things I saw.

I'm still alive....if people were still wondering
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

How much weaker were the Raiders going to be? It wouldn’t shock me if EVERY prognosticator in the book had Oakland finishing dead last in AFC West, a six win season at best. If anything, Chucky now has an excuse to go full tank for the best college QB coming out in 2020.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    How much weaker were the Raiders going to be? It wouldn’t shock me if EVERY prognosticator in the book had Oakland finishing dead last in AFC West, a six win season at best. If anything, Chucky now has an excuse to go full tank for the best college QB coming out in 2020.
    Brown would have added an offensive weapon for the team really. Right now they don't have that element. Its just amazing to see this happen.