Page 73 of 155 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2317
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dear Miami Dolphins...

Your 0-7 , play the young QB you fucking traded for to see if he's worth a **** by draft day. You have 8-9 games left to see if he has anything . Playing Fitzpatrick isn't helping you at all long term. Its not ...your wasting your time doing this. You lost tonight , no one is expecting you to win. You can see if Rosen is worth a damn the next half of schedule.

But hell your a bunch of dumb fucks so you will keep starting Fitzpatrick and hope he wins a game. Then you will waste a high 1st rd pick on a QB when hell , you may have had one. In all I fully expect you to keep losing with Fitzpatrick and discover nothing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Don't agree. Rodgers and Brees are both acknowledge as two of the best to play the game with only 1 SB each. Dan Marino is one of the greats without an SB. I think Brady would have still have been great. But his place as the GOAT by many is largely based on 6 SBs. My contention is it is more Belichick than Brady. I think the Pats are justs successful with another of the best currently playing. Hell, Belichick won with Matt Cassell. a
    That season, while decent, is not as impressive as most people claim it is. New England had what was likely the softest schedule of any division champ since the rotation came into play, having play against the NFC and AFC West divisions when those were by far the two worst ones in football, managing to produce 1 team with a winning record - combined. The NFC West was won by the Arizona Cardinals with a 9-7 record. The Patriots played them in an extreme weather game and the Cardinals had obviously given up before the coin toss as they already had their playoff ticket punched by that game with only 8 wins at the time. The AFC West was won by the 8-8 Chargers, who beat New England that year. In fact, the win over the Cardinals was one of only 3 wins they had that season against teams with winning records (the other 2 being 1 win each over the Jets and Dolphins).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dear Miami Dolphins...

Your 0-7 , play the young QB you fucking traded for to see if he's worth a **** by draft day. You have 8-9 games left to see if he has anything . Playing Fitzpatrick isn't helping you at all long term. Its not ...your wasting your time doing this. You lost tonight , no one is expecting you to win. You can see if Rosen is worth a damn the next half of schedule.

But hell your a bunch of dumb fucks so you will keep starting Fitzpatrick and hope he wins a game. Then you will waste a high 1st rd pick on a QB when hell , you may have had one. In all I fully expect you to keep losing with Fitzpatrick and discover nothing.
    Having seen more of Rosen than most... he's going to be a decent backup QB at best. Nice kid... and a lot of people point at the O-Lines in front of him for why he won't make it... but I don't think with two years like this, he's ever going to get to where he needs to be. It would take a perfect situation where he cut and signed to backup a contender and learn properly for him to even be a Top 15 QB.

The rumor that I've always heard is that New England have designs on him as a project backup to set up behind Brady... but they haven't pulled the trigger to get him yet.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Having seen more of Rosen than most... he's going to be a decent backup QB at best. Nice kid... and a lot of people point at the O-Lines in front of him for why he won't make it... but I don't think with two years like this, he's ever going to get to where he needs to be. It would take a perfect situation where he cut and signed to backup a contender and learn properly for him to even be a Top 15 QB.

The rumor that I've always heard is that New England have designs on him as a project backup to set up behind Brady... but they haven't pulled the trigger to get him yet.

I think Rosen's situation is a close comparison to what KC went through a decade earlier with Tyler Thigpen. Both QB's have different throwing styles etc. But the situation both were placed in reminds me of how different coaches and GM's can throw someone away too soon in a way. Without giving them a real try to see how good they could be.

Tyler Thigpen was a last option for KC when they signed him when the Vikings waived him in 2008 (which pissed off the Vikings as they wanted to keep him). Anyhow KC saw some things under Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson. In 2008 as the Chiefs QB's were busy being injured the Chiefs turned to Thigpen and after 1 start decided since Thigpen was essentially a rookie to change the system. Chan Gailey incorporated spread formation concepts that Thigpen ran in college and the offensive suddenly turned it around.

The Chiefs of course had a bad season but a lot wasn't due to Thigpen who was actually making things kinda exciting with his wild running , throwing and even catching a TD pass. He made mistakes for sure as a rookie essentially thrown out there but the Chiefs had struggled offensively before shifting to what they did under Thigpen. Also defense was an issue as well.

Going into 2009 Tony Gonzalez voiced his support of Thigpen and said he should keep the starting job. That he deserved to see what he could do in year #2. But behind the scenes changes hit. Carl Peterson was tired mentally from the 20 years as GM and retired. The Chiefs hired Scott Pioli as GM and they soon would replace Herm Edwards. Todd Haley was brought in as coach.

Both men decided on trading for Matt Cassel and running a New England style type offensive system. Haley claimed that Thigpen would get to compete for the starting job but that was kinda bullshit as everyone had said Cassel was clearly the #1 guy and Thigpen never got his shot. Gonzalez requested a trade as he didn't want to play for a new QB and wanted to go to a non-rebuilding team.

Thigpen was soon traded to Miami where he never really started much and Buffalo as a backup. His career ended in 2014. What is wild is ..with the rise of spread formation offenses with LA Rams and KC Chiefs etc...imagine what he could have done now ? Then it wasn't a popular type system to see done but now teams run it a lot. It was a shame that the next regime made this decision that quick.

It reminds me of Rosen. One regime viewed him as a franchise QB. Then within a season the next made a snap judgement. In Miami the same situation as the coach is more worried about trying to win 1 game right now. Rather than seeing if a guy works long term or not. I hope Rosen gets his chance somewhere. I'd hate to see another Tyler Thigpen deal play out,
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dear Miami Dolphins...

My guess is that head coach Brian Flores didn't get the memo from the front office that the Dolphins were supposed to tank the season and he's trying to win games. Clearly he thinks Fitzpatrick gives him the best chance of that, and I suspect that's the only thing that matters to Flores.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My guess is that head coach Brian Flores didn't get the memo from the front office that the Dolphins were supposed to tank the season and he's trying to win games. Clearly he thinks Fitzpatrick gives him the best chance of that, and I suspect that's the only thing that matters to Flores.
    Well Flores is under fire himself for not being good at 2nd half adjustments as well as last nights game where he comically called a Madden style 8 man blitz in 2nd quarter as 30-40 seconds were left and Pittsburgh was facing a 3rd and 20. Rudolph hit a big TD play and got better in 2nd half. The score was 14-3 at this point.

Him pushing a journey man QB who clearly isn't better is silly at this point. It makes the whole trade deal look bad on Miami's part. Why trade for Rosen if your not gonna start him to see what is there ?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I already mentioned Gase last week where he hasn't helped Darnold at all. Kitchens being promoted so quick up after just half a season as offensive coordinator is a move that we had to know would backfire. As much as I hate to say this...Cleveland should have kept Gregg Williams as coach. Its clear they stumbled ass backwards into a connection he had with the players and Kitchens was working as OC. They should have kept that.

Im gunna say it ends up being a quiet trade day
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Lynn & Quinn are top 2 in my book.

Then Gase.

And LAC needs to axe their entire conditioning staff, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lynn should still be able to ride last season's good record. This year is really bad, but Ken Whisenhunt seems to have been the one to take the fall since he was just let go. Tom Telesco should be scrutinized carefully, too, as they really have not gotten better as a team in five years.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Bengals dont make any moves in the trade front not a shock. But they did bench Andy Dalton at long last.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Rams deal Aqib Talib and a 5th round pick to the Dolphins for an undisclosed (expected to be late round) draft pick.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 10-29-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Bengals dont make any moves in the trade front not a shock. But they did bench Andy Dalton at long last.
    Bengals fans have wanted this for the last 3-4 seasons but never could make Mike Brown do it.

Bengals did nothing in the trade. That is very smart. Why trade Aj Green for some draft picks when Mike Brown could let his contract expire at the end of the year and get nothing for him?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.