Page 75 of 155 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People blasted Marvin Lewis for years with Bengals. How he had such a long tenure with the team and how they seemingly were around .500 team at times during his run or lack of playoff game wins. But the pure fact is ...Lewis was the best coach and got the most out of a shit situation with the team.

- When Lewis took over the Bengals the team had been through a decade of terrible drafts and coaches. Here was the record combined of all these coaches : Dave Shula , Bruce Coslet , , and Dick LaBeau . Total wins from 1992 to 2002 : 52 Total number of losses : 124.

- The Drafts during this span had such busts as : David Klingler , John Copeland , Ki-Jana Carter , Akili Smith , Peter Warrick etc

- When Jones took over as coach he learned just how bad things were. The team had the worst limited scouting department in the NFL. Marvin Jones to his credit pushed Mike Brown to make things better and expand the scouting department.

Right now you have a young guy who never has been a head coach as we see. Combined with a history of an organization that has been failure except for a number of Marvel Lewis 15 seasons. Also given this was someone who at least coached the team to some level of decent , why he was never pushed into a front office position is beyond crazy. Given what the Bengals were before him and what they have became after.
    I've said before that Lewis was probably the best the Bengals could get for a coach considering the crapshow that was going on behind the scenes.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The sad thing is that Lewis was the best coach in years and he could never take The Bengals to the next level. Not winning playoff games. Not making the playoffs a couple of years. Its sad when Lewis is the best the team can do for a coach. He did do some good things like fix up the scouting department. But sadly the Bengals were never going to be an elite team with him at the helm.

I think the only reason Zac Taylor got hired is because he has a weak personality and Mike Brown can push him around. he does not have near the power with the team that Lewis had.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    The sad thing is that Lewis was the best coach in years and he could never take The Bengals to the next level. Not winning playoff games. Not making the playoffs a couple of years. Its sad when Lewis is the best the team can do for a coach. He did do some good things like fix up the scouting department. But sadly the Bengals were never going to be an elite team with him at the helm.

I think the only reason Zac Taylor got hired is because he has a weak personality and Mike Brown can push him around. he does not have near the power with the team that Lewis had.
    And well we saw the results of Mike Brown believing he was a genius GM . Mikebrownsucks.com will be getting a lot of use again. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post

They are never going to be an elite team as long as Mike Brown or the Brown family owns the team. Until they sell, the Bengals are going to be what they always have been. THe organization needs an overhaul form top to bottom and it ain't going to happen under Brown's watch.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Predictions for Week 9. I was 13 out of 14 last week.

No more undefeated teams.
    Ravens over Patriots- New England loses to the best team they have played so far.
    Cardinals over 49ers- Cards win an upset in the desert

Texans over Jaguars- DeShaun Watson makes an MVP case for himself
    Bills over Redskins- Bills bounce back from last week's embarrassment
    Panthers over Titans- Panthers win at home
    Vikings over Chiefs- Kirk Cousins will play and Patrick Mahomes won't
    Dolphins over Jets- Dolphins will win their first game
    Eagles over Bears- Eagles will whip the fading Bears
    Steelers over Colts- Steelers will get back to .500 and help the Texans
    Raiders over Lions- Raiders should be able to beat the fading Lions at home
    Seahawks over Bucs- Bucs fall to 2-6, and start chasing draft position
    Browns over Broncos- Browns save their season with this win
    Packers over Chargers- Packers continue to shine
    Giants over Cowboys- Cowboys already lost at the Meadowlands to the Jets this year, so they can do it again against a better team

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Ravens over Patriots- New England loses to the best team they have played so far.

Texans over Jaguars- DeShaun Watson makes an MVP case for himself
    Bills over Redskins- Bills bounce back from last week's embarrassment
    Panthers over Titans- Panthers win at home
    Vikings over Chiefs- Kirk Cousins will play and Patrick Mahomes won't
    Dolphins over Jets- Dolphins will win their first game
    Eagles over Bears- Eagles will whip the fading Bears
    Steelers over Colts- Steelers will get back to .500 and help the Texans
    Raiders over Lions- Raiders should be able to beat the fading Lions at home
    Seahawks over Bucs- Bucs fall to 2-6, and start chasing draft position
    Browns over Broncos- Browns save their season with this win
    Packers over Chargers- Packers continue to shine
    Giants over Cowboys- Cowboys already lost at the Meadowlands to the Jets this year, so they can do it again against a better team
    Everyone is picking the Ravens to win. Which means the Pats will win.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Damn, Patriots to release Josh Gordon and put on wavier wire.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn, Patriots to release Josh Gordon and put on wavier wire.
    They already cleared him once he was healthy. That's why they got Sanu ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

I'm afraid you're already 0-1 as the Niners nipped Arizona.

Easily THE best game of week 9 is Ravens-Patriots as QB Lamar Jackson figures to give Darth Hoodie's defense all it can handle. While I don't get into predictions and all, I think Baltimore will pull out the win a closely contested battle that will go down to the wire.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm afraid you're already 0-1 as the Niners nipped Arizona.
    Cardinals made a game of it late, too. WR Andy Isabella finally showed why they drafted a kid out of U Mass, going for an 88 yard TD late to make it a one score game... but Arizona's defense couldn't stop the 49ers on 3rd downs all game (SF converted on 11/17).

One promising statistic that shows that QB Kyler Murray is the real deal? Had a QB rating of 132 for the game, and the kid has gone 5 straight games without committing a turnover. THAT... is uncharacteristic for a rookie QB.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

If Kingsbury hadn't called that time out at the end of the 1st half before they stopped SF the one., then SF would have had on less score and Arizona would have won. Sometimes it comes down to one play or one mistake.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Chiefs will likely keep Mahomes off the field this week and brought back Chad Henne from injured reserve to backup Matt Moore. Mahomes however will do some practice snaps to see how he feels before the game. Its why he's listed as doubtful.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I saw a brief clip of this as funny NFL announcing. Harlan is so good at describing this on Monday Night Football I laughed...

"He now is bare chested , waiving his arms !"

NFL News...

- Cam Newton saw a renown foot doctor in Green Bay and is still gonna be out more weeks as he battles between either having surgery or letting it heal on its own. Newton and Panthers will decide on surgery soon possibly. But as it looks right now Newton more than likely will be out the season.

- More info has came out on the NY Jets trade demands for Jamal Adams. While the Cowboys offered a 1st rd pick for Adams , Jets GM Joe Douglas requested if Zack Martin would be part of the trade. The Cowboys turned that down and then they asked about Tyron Smith at tackle. They declined that one as well. But it appears this is where Douglas wanted to start rebuilding the Jets at offensive line.

This is how messed up the Bengals front office is.

O =n Tuesday a local paper wanted comments on who made the decision on Dalton being benched. So they called The Zac Taylor who said the call came from Higher up. They then called Mike Browns office who told them the call was made by Katie Blackburn Mike Browns daughter. So they called her office and were told oh she didnt make the decision because she has been on vacation overseas with her husband for the past 5 weeks.

So who the hell benched Dalton? Who made that call? Wtf is going on with the Bengals? What kind of team lets their Executive Vp tke a 5 week vacation in the middle of an 0-8 season.

I dont know how much truth there is to this but it was on the local sports radio so who knows.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-03-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.