Page 76 of 155 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    What kind of team lets their Executive Vp tke a 5 week vacation in the middle of an 0-8 season.
    Obviously, the Bengals do. They are one of the worst franchises in professional sports.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

And no way will Brown hold his daughter accountable for this at all. Its a **** ran franchise for doing this. Carson Palmer did the right thing when he wanted out after so long of losing and getting beaten up. He was ready to retire for good. Because he grew tired of how Mike Brown ran the franchise and refused to get a GM to actually do a fucking job.

The worst owners in NFL...

NY Jets
    Cinn. Bengals
    Washington Redskins
    Detroit Lions

I would list the Miami Dolphins but they at least know they wanna lose this season and are trying to do it in all ways by trading away every star player they can. Also they so want a QB they are willing to let a journey man QB who can't win start over a guy they traded for because they don't want a future QB controversy if the guy does well. So you can at least say the Dolphins have a comical losing plan in mind.

The others are just terrible. From refusing to let players have surgeries , to demanding proof of their injuries after a surgery , to hiring people who shouldn't have a job because they are buddies. Also add owners who are the absolute worst in judging coaches and GM's. We have an owner who has kept a GM through 6-7 losing seasons. We had 1 owner who let a GM go 0-16 and was prepared to keep him comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Its owners like them that make Mark Davis look like a saint.

though i think he deserves more credit that most give him. He really did a great job getting that stadium built in Vegas.

Allegiant Stadium or what i like to call "The AL" XD

Too bad Allegiant airlines is arguably the worse airline ever...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Bears’ offense has been nonexistent, having gained all of ONE yard with three minutes left in the first half against the Eagles, but they’re only trailing 12-0 as Chicago is playing their hearts out on defense to keep the game within striking distance. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Chase Daniel takes over in the second half as Mitchell Trubisky has looked godawful.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-03-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Dolphins are up on the Jets. Could this be the week?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Bears’ offense has been nonexistent, having gained all of ONE yard with three minutes left in the first half against the Eagles, but they’re only trailing 12-0 as Chicago is playing their hearts out on defense to keep the game within striking distance. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Chase Daniel takes over in the second half as Mitchell Trubisky has looked godawful.
    We might just end up getting a Top 10 pick from Da Bears this year
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It seems like Chicago is hell bent on going down with Trubisky as they have kept him in the game and down 19-7 at last check. Its like the organization is ignoring everything to keep pushing him as starter.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It seems like Chicago is hell bent on going down with Trubisky as they have kept him in the game and down 19-7 at last check. Its like the organization is ignoring everything to keep pushing him as starter.
    It’s 19-14 as the Bears have made things more interesting in the fourth quarter for my Eagles than I’d like.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

KC made the right call in keeping Mahomes rested. I'd recommend he sit next week as well. Moore has played pretty decent after being thrown in to start the last 2 weeks.

NFL things...

- Kyle Allen is now 4-1 as a starter in Carolina. The young Panthers QB struggled and leaned on Christian McCaffrey at RB as we saw. But its amazing to see that the Panthers are now 6-3 ! Without Cam Newton.

- Adrian Peterson cracked out 100+ yards in a losing effort today. Peterson is now 300+ yards from passing Curtis Martin on career rushing list for 4th place.

- Josh Allen has 12 rushing TD's since 2018 and that is the most among NFL QB's.

- Miami had its 1st win of 2019 and celebrated with giving Brian Flores a gatorade shower.

- Mitchell Trubisky struggled clearly and finished the day 10/21 for 125 yards. Its clear that this offense is in major trouble as the teams defense and running game can only go so far.

- The Colts lost a heart breaker to the Steelers today. Adam Vinateri missed the game winning FG but it showed the player turned the laces facing Vinateri which caused the ball to be kicked wrong. Also the team may have lost Jacoby Brissett to a knee injury.

NFL things...

- Kyle Allen is now 4-1 as a starter in Carolina. The young Panthers QB struggled and leaned on Christian McCaffrey at RB as we saw. But its amazing to see that the Panthers are now 6-3 ! Without Cam Newton.

- Adrian Peterson cracked out 100+ yards in a losing effort today. Peterson is now 300+ yards from passing Curtis Martin on career rushing list for 4th place.

- Josh Allen has 12 rushing TD's since 2018 and that is the most among NFL QB's.

- Miami had its 1st win of 2019 and celebrated with giving Brian Flores a gatorade shower.

- Mitchell Trubisky struggled clearly and finished the day 10/21 for 125 yards. Its clear that this offense is in major trouble as the teams defense and running game can only go so far.

- The Colts lost a heart breaker to the Steelers today. Adam Vinateri missed the game winning FG but it showed the player turned the laces facing Vinateri which caused the ball to be kicked wrong. Also the team may have lost Jacoby Brissett to a knee injury.
    He wins too much more and it might be stick a fork in him time for Newton.

And that sucks for the Colts - the loss of a decent QB is almost always worse than the loss of a game. Very few teams have a Young or Rodgers behind the starter that they know about, and most others don't suddenly find the guy they were forced to turn to is a Brady or a Romo.
    Dark does not mean deep.

GB looks completely overwhelmed by LAC. They are lucky it's not 21-0.
    GB doesn't have any answers on either side of the ball.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

KC made the right call in keeping Mahomes rested. I'd recommend he sit next week as well. Moore has played pretty decent after being thrown in to start the last 2 weeks.
    Just like I said he would after Mahomes went down. He's not a superstar but he's competent enough to eke out some wins for KC just like he eked out some wins for the Dolphins a few years ago to get them in the playoffs after Tannehill got hurt.

The tank may be in jeopardy but I couldn't be happier that the Dolphins beat the Jets today. Adam Gase is a horrible coach who other than Nick Saban did more to run this team into the ground than anyone in the last 30 years. So having the Dolphins beat Gase today was great.

We could still get the #1 pick as we still have to play the Bengals and the Jets again, the two teams ahead of us in draft order, but even if we end up at #3 its okay. Depending on how Finley looks the Bengals might not even be in the QB market but even if they draft Tua or some other team trades up Burrow will be a better pick IMO (Tua consistently wilts against top defenses). The Jets would draft Chase Young most likely at #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He wins too much more and it might be stick a fork in him time for Newton.
    Newton is only an elite QB when fully healthy as his physicality and threat of running forces defenses to sell out to stop him. Once his body started breaking down and teams started forcing him into being a pocket passer is when you saw the struggles. Perhaps with time he could become a decent pocket passer but because he's never had to be a traditional one he's never truly learned how. Carolina would be wise just to shelve him the rest of the year and assess his health this offseason. If he seems fully healthy then give it another go with him, otherwise see if anyone wants to trade for damaged goods.