Page 8 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yes because the Chiefs didn’t just sign a much more unlikeable player
    Hill? True, once again, a detail I've forgotten about because of this saga. I shouldn't have forgotten. Guess that goes to show the power of being caught up in what is the big story from the media perspective.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-07-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This is also probably Derek Carr's last stand in Oakland. It's probably the worst supporting cast he's ever had, and I don't think he'll be keeping his job at the end of the year. Shame, because even though he's struggled in recent memory, he's gotten a little bit of a raw deal.

Also, Gruden is just not the right man for this job. The way he apparently coddles superstars as nutty as Brown doesn't set a good precedent for the organization. Too bad Raider Nation is stuck with him for close to a decade. It's decisions like that from the top down that have been Oakland the biggest laughing stock in the league.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-07-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    This is also probably Derek Carr's last stand in Oakland. It's probably the worst supporting cast he's ever had, and I don't think he'll be keeping his job at the end of the year. Shame, because even though he's struggled in recent memory, he's gotten a little bit of a raw deal.

Also, Gruden is just not the right man for this job. The way he apparently coddles superstars as nutty as Brown doesn't set a good precedent for the organization. Too bad Raider Nation is stuck with him for close to a decade. It's decisions like that from the top down that have been Oakland the biggest laughing stock in the league.
    Still eight and a half more years of Gruden under his contract.

And be ready for them to part ways with Carr, and Gruden to begin churning second-tier QBs through his roster while promising each one is the next franchise star like he did in his last days of Tampa Bay. He's been shoving Carr out the door while touting people like Nathan Peterman already.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post

Gruden has proven he's not the right man for this or any other job in football. He's a joke and should be put out to pasture immediately.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I said this a year or two ago and people debated it ; the only QB to survive Gruden's silliness was Rich Gannon. Who really started to flip the switch on in KC that 1 season as he led them to playoffs. Gannon went to Oakland and was there right when Gruden came in. So the team was lucky that they had something in Gannon and Gruden wasn't hell bent on replacing him by signing every ex-NFL QB on a roster and musing how special they was. That would happen in Tampa and continues to this day.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Browns and Jets both missed extra points.

From what is reported Nick Foles was knocked out of the game against KC with a shoulder injury !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Miami is being kicked to death early by the Ravens at home.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Now Mahomes is hurt in the KC/Jax game. He's back in, looks like a left foot/ankle.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-08-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Dolphins finally get some points 28-3.

Titans moved the Football and Henry did jump into the endzone for a td.
    10-6 the Titans take the lead in the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Now Mahomes is hurt in the KC/Jax game.
    If its serious there goes KC's season....

He's heavily taped up, might be an annoyance and slow him down for today but it doesn't look too bad at the moment. Jax backup not looking half bad, who's this kid?

And Case Keenum is lighting up the Eagles for the Skins. Figures he looks like a decent NFL QB after leaving the VJ regime. Seriously, all the best to him but he was like the worst head coach of all freaking time, lol.

Chiefs defense will always be an issue. If KC had a good defense Mahomes could literally play safe and do ball control. Instead they need him to ball out on a taped up ankle. I mean , its crazy. KC's defense if it was up to snuff should smother the Jaguars backup QB and be kicking straight ass. Instead ...nope.

Respect for Mahomes. He's clearly hobbled but is pushing through.

Hill out for the day with a shoulder. This game has been pretty brutal.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Carson Wentz to Desean Jackson on a 51 yard bomb. The Birds are on the board!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!