Page 86 of 155 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2317

Ha. So Jeff Fisher was right, at least in part about Goff on some level.

These 15 minute game highlight packages the league puts on YT are pretty dope. It's the guts of it. 49ers don't look bad.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    How does that old saying go? A broken clock is right twice a day.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

These 15 minute game highlight packages the league puts on YT are pretty dope. It's the guts of it. 49ers don't look bad.
    Thanks you have just provided a better defense for Goff and his deal than I could in all the words I could write about it. Jeff Fisher isn't right about anything, its like the Fourth Law of Thermodynamics.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    How does that old saying go? A broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thanks you have just provided a better defense for Goff and his deal than I could in all the words I could write about it. Jeff Fisher isn't right about anything, its like the Fourth Law of Thermodynamics.

Jeff Fisher once benched a promising QB in Vince Young because he couldn't communicate well with Young. Now Vince Young admits he should have done things different but it was Fisher being a complete hard ass on Young that cost that franchise possibly a long term QB. And Young had skills and could play , he just needed a coach ala Andy Reid who could harness what Young was.

Jared Goff doesn't have a powerful arm. He's a Montana type who has to be in a short west coast offense type system where he has to make those reads quick with play action etc. But he's no Mahomes who can gun the ball all over the field. A lot of his passes show that. But he's an ok QB. A better one than what Fisher had. And we saw Fisher's handy work with Nick Foles one season where he completely backed him to start and then fucked him over quick.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Jeff Fisher once benched a promising QB in Vince Young because he couldn't communicate well with Young. Now Vince Young admits he should have done things different but it was Fisher being a complete hard ass on Young that cost that franchise possibly a long term QB. And Young had skills and could play , he just needed a coach ala Andy Reid who could harness what Young was.

Jared Goff doesn't have a powerful arm. He's a Montana type who has to be in a short west coast offense type system where he has to make those reads quick with play action etc. But he's no Mahomes who can gun the ball all over the field. A lot of his passes show that. But he's an ok QB. A better one than what Fisher had. And we saw Fisher's handy work with Nick Foles one season where he completely backed him to start and then fucked him over quick.
    Steve McNair is the only QB I can recall Jeff Fisher developing. And he had Eddie George at RB to work with. And he inherited the Oilers' offensive line, which was one of the best in the league at the time (See: Bruce Matthews). Most of his success in Tennessee after that came with having Chris Johnson in his prime, and good line play.

But Fisher never really developed offensive talent at the skill positions. He squandered more high draft picks at those positions with the Rams than he ever developed into talent.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Colin Kaepernick To Attend NFL Workout 3 Years After Protest

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick accepted an invitation Tuesday to attend a private NFL training session, years after a contentious relationship with the league that stemmed from his leading a civil rights protest on ― and eventually off ― the field.

“I’m just getting word from my representatives that the NFL league office reached out to them about a workout in Atlanta on Saturday,” Kaepernick tweeted Tuesday evening. “I’ve been in shape and ready for this for 3 years, can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday.”

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Steve McNair is the only QB I can recall Jeff Fisher developing. And he had Eddie George at RB to work with. And he inherited the Oilers' offensive line, which was one of the best in the league at the time (See: Bruce Matthews). Most of his success in Tennessee after that came with having Chris Johnson in his prime, and good line play.

But Fisher never really developed offensive talent at the skill positions. He squandered more high draft picks at those positions with the Rams than he ever developed into talent.

Well it wasn't Fisher who developed McNair then . No it was QB's coach and offensive coordinator Jerry Rhome who helped develop McNair from a small town college QB into who became a star with Oliers/Titans.

Rhome was so good as a coach he also turned around the career of Chris Chandler. Who would go onto a decent short career with Atlanta a few seasons.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well it wasn't Fisher who developed McNair then . No it was QB's coach and offensive coordinator Jerry Rhome who helped develop McNair from a small town college QB into who became a star with Oliers/Titans.

Rhome was so good as a coach he also turned around the career of Chris Chandler. Who would go onto a decent short career with Atlanta a few seasons.
    Rhome doesn't get the credit he deserves compared to some of the coaches that live off of one success story for way, way too long these days.

See also: Gase, Adam. Guy spends one year magically making oh, just PEYTON MANNING a great QB, has one halfway decent year with Jay Cutler, and he's been coasting since.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I think Philly will win the NFC East with at least 10-12 victories. Dallas will finish 9-7.
    The remaining playoffs teams in the NFC will be the Saints, Packers, Vikings, 49ers, and Seahawks.
    Nothing is resolved in the AFC North. Baltimore's next four opponents have winning records, and Pittsburgh's next four opponents have losing records. Cleveland can still finish 8-8 if they turn things around.
    The Texans will win the AFC South with 10-11 wins. The Jaguars will rally themselves around their returning QB and finish 9-7.

Thanks to the Eagles having a rather ho-hum 5-4 record, their Nov. 24th primetime game against Seattle has been flexed to 1 pm instead while Niners-Packers takes the nighttime slot. I'm perfectly fine with that, it's damn hard to stay up for those night games, even if I nap beforehand, then have to turn right around a scant few hours later to go to work. Frankly speaking, at 60, I'm too old for that ****.

Washington, Vikings, Browns, Bears are apparently going to Kaep's working in ATL Saturday.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Oh wow, Kaep to the Bears could be quite something.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Oh wow, Kaep to the Bears could be quite something.
    We'll see if they show and if anybody signs him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Washington, Vikings, Browns, Bears are apparently going to Kaep's working in ATL Saturday.
    It would make the most sense for Kaep to end up in Chicago. The Bears have the pieces in place to be a playoff contender, especially on defense, all they lack is a quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Rhome doesn't get the credit he deserves compared to some of the coaches that live off of one success story for way, way too long these days.

See also: Gase, Adam. Guy spends one year magically making oh, just PEYTON MANNING a great QB, has one halfway decent year with Jay Cutler, and he's been coasting since.
    Speaking of Adam Gase , the Jets owner doubled down on his belief in Gase and claims he'll be back in 2020. This after losing to the fucking Dolphins in a game.