Page 92 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2317
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of more numbers falling ...Matt Ryan passed Warren Moon for 10th place on the career passing yards list. Ryan was drafted in 2008 and many debated then if he'd be a long term QB after the Falcons moved on from Michael Vick. Ryan proved the Falcons belief in him right and is in his 12th season.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The benefit is to Haskins career long term. He's the long term kid your building up. He's not ready yet and throwing him to the wolves early can crack someone. See how that hurt Blaine Gabbert years ago. The belief early by coaches was that Gabbert would sit a long while til he was ready. Instead what happened was after 1 week , the Jaguars panicked and threw Gabbert out there. Destroying his confidence with terrible sacks and turnovers. Gabbert is now a QB who is ok to fill in but his career was killed early on by this.

Right now the benefit is for the team and Haskins to have someone step in and play awhile. It allows the offensive line to not have videos shown as above where Haskins is getting beaten like a rag doll. This allows the offense and players the team gets to grow into playmakers. Its what happened in KC. Mahomes by sitting a season saw players like Kelce and Tyreek Hill become star players. Once he came in it was easy for him to take over. Right now the Redskins are a hodge podge team of veterans and youth. Peterson is 33 and leaned on heavy but is 33 at RB. They have a young dynamic WR who they are high on but Haskins growing struggles is dragging him down.

Yes it means they can win a game or two possibly. Slipping down a few notches come draft day but hell the alternative is what were seeing as now as no one is doing well. Haskins is struggling , Peterson is too old to depend on at RB at 33 to carry a team and your WR your high on is going through struggles as Haskins develops.

Keenum is a decent backup QB but has struggled with health this season. Its why Haskins was forced in. Keenum is a decent backup QB , but its clear even when he did start he wasn't the guy to bridge to Haskins.

Here is Kaepernick's game logs ...your looking at a game from early December , this was his work the rest of the way.

http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepe...95186/gamelogs

Kaepernick after the Bears game the final 4 weeks of the season threw for 797 yards , 6 TD's and 1 Int the rest of the way. Which isn't perfect but given who the 49ers had offensively is big.

Right now the Redskins need a bridge QB. They need someone who can start a season or two to let Haskins grow into a starter. The results have seen him struggle for games and the risk is there it could hit his confidence and break him early. Which is sad if this happens as all the team had to do was bring in a veteran QB who could stay healthy and help the team. Keenum hasn't done it , McCoy hasn't even seen the field due to injury.
    There are ZERO reasons to ever believe Kaep is an upgrade over Keenum. So there are zero reasons to bring him over Keenum this year for a veteran presence. Maybe look at him in the offseason if your plan is cut Keenum but now there is no point, especially with the media circus it invites. Also don't forget they've got Alex Smith under contract still and if he's recovered enough to play next year there is your veteran to mentor Haskins.

Same argument with the Bengals by the way. They've got Andy Dalton on the team right now. He's not great but he's better than Kaep and knows the offense. Dalton will most likely be playing elsewhere next season so depending on who you draft maybe kick the tires on Kaep in the offseason.

As I said earlier the only places it might make sense is on playoff contender team with an established starter but shaky backup. Like Seattle who I mentioned before.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 11-18-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    There are ZERO reasons to ever believe Kaep is an upgrade over Keenum. So there are zero reasons to bring him over Keenum this year for a veteran presence. Maybe look at him in the offseason if your plan is cut Keenum but now there is no point, especially with the media circus it invites. Also don't forget they've got Alex Smith under contract still and if he's recovered enough to play next year there is your veteran to mentor Haskins.
    Right now someone isn't getting a chance to show he's an upgrade really. Also as much as Keenum is an ok journey man QB , he hasn't had success Kaepernick had early and could still do as a player. Alex Smith is a hell of a longshot for 2020. He's had 17 surgeries on his broken leg. He's now learning to run again but he is a day to day situation.

Honestly at this point the Redskins have a long term build in Haskins at QB. Yet no real bridge QB. The odds Smith comes back is a long shot in 2020.

Same argument with the Bengals by the way. They've got Andy Dalton on the team right now. He's not great but he's better than Kaep and knows the offense. Dalton will most likely be playing elsewhere next season so depending on who you draft maybe kick the tires on Kaep in the offseason.
    May want to ask Bengals fans how they feel about Andy Dalton who was just benched this past year. And given that the coach will get a 2nd season for his system , bringing in Kaepernick now could help to get him ready for the next season.

As I said earlier the only places it might make sense is on playoff contender team with an established starter but shaky backup. Like Seattle who I mentioned before.

I can't see a playoff team doing this since well , they will have a decent backup QB in place and ready. Also the team that signs will land a lot of media coverage and teams playoff wise won't want that. They will wanna be focused on the game ahead. A team with nothing to lose and at bottom, well they don't have anything to risk here .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Speaking of more numbers falling ...Matt Ryan passed Warren Moon for 10th place on the career passing yards list. Ryan was drafted in 2008 and many debated then if he'd be a long term QB after the Falcons moved on from Michael Vick. Ryan proved the Falcons belief in him right and is in his 12th season.
    Plus he somehow managed to beat the Saints this year, which has got to count for something. Certainly puts him high in my book!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I dont see The Bengals going for Kap for a couple of reasons. Number one Mike Brown has said many times that he does not agree with Kap kneeing for the national anthem. Number two they are more then likely going to have the number one draft pick. They can draft a franchise qb who they can get into their system. Yes Dalton will most likely not be there next year and the back up now starter is not really doing much so they will have to make a fresh start. Im not saying that is a better option but that is how I see them going.
    Personally I dont care if Kap plays or not. I dont really like him anyway. If he gets a job great I hope he makes the most of it. If he doesnt no skin off my nose.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Saw on the bottom screen crawl on ACC Network that Mitch Trubisky was pulled yesterday because of a hip pointer according to head coach Matt Nagy, not because he stunk on wheat.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I dont see The Bengals going for Kap for a couple of reasons. Number one Mike Brown has said many times that he does not agree with Kap kneeing for the national anthem. Number two they are more then likely going to have the number one draft pick. They can draft a franchise qb who they can get into their system. Yes Dalton will most likely not be there next year and the back up now starter is not really doing much so they will have to make a fresh start. Im not saying that is a better option but that is how I see them going.
    Personally I dont care if Kap plays or not. I dont really like him anyway. If he gets a job great I hope he makes the most of it. If he doesnt no skin off my nose.

Yeah the 2 worst ran franchises clearly here aren't smart enough ran sadly as we see . I think Mike Brown and Dan Snyder compete on signing the worst people of humanity (Bengals had Berfict for years and he was fucking scum) and that kneeling for National Anthem was too much for them. I mean we saw who Daniel Snyder let his team sign last season and they brought in a QB who hadn't played since 2011.

The Bengals need offensive and defensive line help badly. The Redskins as well need help all over. Both however are ran by morons.

Oddly enough I could see the Raiders bring in Kaepernick. Not sure if they have the cap space. But its just the kind of thing they might do. No knocking Carr, as he seems to be settling in. But they backup just ain't that great. Plus ... Vegas. No one is going to care about the kneeling as long as they are bringing in the dollar signs.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yeah the 2 worst ran franchises clearly here aren't smart enough ran sadly as we see . I think Mike Brown and Dan Snyder compete on signing the worst people of humanity (Bengals had Berfict for years and he was fucking scum) and that kneeling for National Anthem was too much for them. I mean we saw who Daniel Snyder let his team sign last season and they brought in a QB who hadn't played since 2011.

The Bengals need offensive and defensive line help badly. The Redskins as well need help all over. Both however are ran by morons.
    I just dont see Kap as being the savior that you seem to. I dont think signing him will fix what is wrong in Cincy or Washington. IS he better then what they have now? Yes. Will he lead them to the next level? I doubt it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Oddly enough I could see the Raiders bring in Kaepernick. Not sure if they have the cap space. But its just the kind of thing they might do. No knocking Carr, as he seems to be settling in. But they backup just ain't that great. Plus ... Vegas. No one is going to care about the kneeling as long as they are bringing in the dollar signs.
    If DC was playing poorly...I could see this....

But DC is playing hot right now and him and Gruden are clicking so I don't see it happening
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    If DC was playing poorly...I could see this....

But DC is playing hot right now and him and Gruden are clicking so I don't see it happening
    There is Gruden's tendency to collect quarterbacks like other people do with coins or stamps.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There is Gruden's tendency to collect quarterbacks like other people do with coins or stamps.
    this is true
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Kapernick doesn't need to be an elite quarterback or a long term solution for him to be valuable enough to a team to sign him. He's 32, he probably has 2-4 productive years left. Teams that could use him are teams that a) need a bridge quarterback for a young quarterback they have to develop, b) teams that need a stopgap QB until they draft/sign their future QB but don't like the upcoming draft class or free agent class of QBs or have other needs they want to spend the resource of a top draft pick on in the upcoming draft. Drafting QBs is always a crapshoot. None of the top QBS in the upcoming class are anywhere near a sure thing, all are big gambles (Tua even more so with the same hip injury that ended Bo Jackson' football career). He doesn't need to be a savior, just a serviceable QB to help a team transition through a rebuild or to provide insurance so they can be competitive while they groom a younger QB.

The problem is he's better than someone like Jameis Winston who has what I consider far more objectionable off field baggage than Kap (and Kap has led a team to a Super Bowl appearance which is something a lot of the other quarterbacks mentioned in comparison have done or are likely to ever do), but teams are more likely to sign Winston if Tampa cuts him loose than they will Kap. And to me that is the core of the problem here. Kap isn't being judged by his ability but by his baggage, and others with just as bad or worse baggage are getting a pass on it. That's the double standard in question here and where the NFL looks hypocritical because of it.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Kapernick doesn't need to be an elite quarterback or a long term solution for him to be valuable enough to a team to sign him. He's 32, he probably has 2-4 productive years left. Teams that could use him are teams that a) need a bridge quarterback for a young quarterback they have to develop, b) teams that need a stopgap QB until they draft/sign their future QB but don't like the upcoming draft class or free agent class of QBs or have other needs they want to spend the resource of a top draft pick on in the upcoming draft. Drafting QBs is always a crapshoot. None of the top QBS in the upcoming class are anywhere near a sure thing, all are big gambles (Tua even more so with the same hip injury that ended Bo Jackson' football career). He doesn't need to be a savior, just a serviceable QB to help a team transition through a rebuild or to provide insurance so they can be competitive while they groom a younger QB.

The problem is he's better than someone like Jameis Winston who has what I consider far more objectionable off field baggage than Kap (and Kap has led a team to a Super Bowl appearance which is something a lot of the other quarterbacks mentioned in comparison have done or are likely to ever do), but teams are more likely to sign Winston if Tampa cuts him loose than they will Kap. And to me that is the core of the problem here. Kap isn't being judged by his ability but by his baggage, and others with just as bad or worse baggage are getting a pass on it. That's the double standard in question here and where the NFL looks hypocritical because of it.

-M
    That is what I posted above basically. Kaepernick as a bridge QB should be what some teams are considering. Its clear Tampa Bay and Tennessee this off season has big questions at QB and may have to bring someone in or let Tannehill in Titans case to bridge to another QB. Washington themselves was gonna do the bridge QB situation but fucked up major by believing Keenum could stay healthy and effective to do it. He couldn't and McCoy hasn't been healthy either to return.

The Bengals need a bridge QB for the rookie. But knowing they are the Bengals ; Mike Brown will draft a QB and demand he start day #1 and watch him go into shitter. Either way Kap should be at least on a roster there somewhere .

Rivers is done.