Page 99 of 155 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2317
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Rams have Arizona twice, at Dallas, Seattle, and at San Francisco in the last 5 weeks. That's... 3 playoff teams. The Cowboys might be currently leading the NFC (L)East, and Arizona is one of those "any given Sunday" teams who are oddly finally getting healthy in the final month.

Suffice to say, they are two games behind the Vikings and Packers as well, who are the 6 seed at 8-3 (and are getting hot). One of those teams is winning the NFC North, the other looks to be a Wild Card. The Packers' last weeks have the Giants, 'Skins, Lions, Bears, and Vikes. The Vikings have the Packers (duh, just said that), Seahawks, Chargers, Lions and Bears. The only playoff team Green Bay has is likely the Vikings, and the Vikings only have Green Bay and Seattle.

The NFC playoff picture might be locked in by the end of Week 16... but the deck looks stacked to where the Rams are gonna be enjoying an early vacation this year, and their Super Bowl Loss hangover is real.
    Meanwhile, my Eagles are in worse shape than the Rams. At 5-6, they'd have to run the table (including a win in their December 12th rematch with Dallas), and pray Dallas loses twice more down the stretch, because if both teams finish 10-6, the Birds lose out because the Cowgirls have a better conference record, and there's no way in hell two teams from NFC Least make the postseason.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meanwhile, my Eagles are in worse shape than the Rams. At 5-6, they'd have to run the table (including a win in their December 12th rematch with Dallas), and pray Dallas loses twice more down the stretch, because if both teams finish 10-6, the Birds lose out because the Cowgirls have a better conference record, and there's no way in hell two teams from NFC Least make the postseason.
    Only one gets in. I don't know that the Eagles need to win out. I could see them beating Dallas and both teams ending up 9-7 or 8-8 with one winning a tie-breaker.

Cowboys have the Bills (who are likely a playoff team), Bears, Rams, Eagles and Skins down the stretch. Rams will be trying to play out of their minds to get in, and they play our Eagles in Philly.

Meanwhile, the Eagles get Dolphins, Giants (twice), 'Skins, and Cowboys at home.

I know Philly's been underachieving, especially since they lost Lane Johnson at tackle, but that schedule of theirs is S-O-F-T. Combined record of those four teams is 12-32.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Only one gets in. I don't know that the Eagles need to win out. I could see them beating Dallas and both teams ending up 9-7 or 8-8 with one winning a tie-breaker.

Cowboys have the Bills (who are likely a playoff team), Bears, Rams, Eagles and Skins down the stretch. Rams will be trying to play out of their minds to get in, and they play our Eagles in Philly.

Meanwhile, the Eagles get Dolphins, Giants (twice), 'Skins, and Cowboys at home.

I know Philly's been underachieving, especially since they lost Lane Johnson at tackle, but that schedule of theirs is S-O-F-T. Combined record of those four teams is 12-32.
    Sure, while the Birds' remaining schedule is softer than a truckload of Charmin, as horribly inept as our offense has been over the last few weeks, I honest can't sit here and say that any of those games are a slam dunk mortal lock wins.

What I find funny is that here in Cincy people were screaming for Dalton to be benched. I mean they were going on and on. And now that he has been named started again people are going on about how this is the right call and how this is what is best for the team, he never should have been benched in the first place and all of that. I swear to god the fans in this town are as screwed up as the team.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    What I find funny is that here in Cincy people were screaming for Dalton to be benched. I mean they were going on and on. And now that he has been named started again people are going on about how this is the right call and how this is what is best for the team, he never should have been benched in the first place and all of that. I swear to god the fans in this town are as screwed up as the team.
    We've had a lot of lean years in Arizona where if it wasn't Carson Palmer or Kurt Warner... and fans were ranting about switching out a starter for a QB. And then, within a game or two of being reminded how "not ready" the backup was, rookie or otherwise, they'd swap back to the first starter, who still sucked. At one point, local Mormon fans were clamoring for them to start former BYU quarterback Max Hall, who almost literally threw a pick-six a game before he washed out.

Cincinnatti just isn't used to that. You guys have had either Palmer or Dalton now since 2004, with only the occasional backup appearance due to injuries.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Newsflash: That sort of behavior isn't unique to Cincinnati. Fans of EVERY sport are that fickle EVERYWHERE.

49ers @ Ravens burred at the 1 o'clock spot on Sunday. What the **** is a FLEX good for, best match-up of the second half of the season. I've got Tacks @ Colts and I'd love to have both these game on but I'm not sure we're in that part of the TV schedule yet to have them both aired in my market.

I owe this thread a serious Black Quarterback dissertation as the history dictates they have begrudgingly, reluctantly- Dear God, Warren Moon had to play in Canada until the middle of his career back when I was in HIGH SCHOOL I'm not 75 years old either- I graduated in 1994, now have arrived at the forefront. Mahomes, Russ Wilson, Brissett, Deshawn Watson (BOOOO from a Colts fan), Haskins, Murray, Bridgewater crushed it this year, Cam isn't done yet, a couple of backups in RG3, Tyrod Taylor and I think E.J. Manuel is still sticking around as a long snapper or some ****, ending with the league MVP Lamar Jackson. We've got so many black QB's we've got fair to middling ones in Crableg Kid and depending on the opponent Dak Prescott. As an aside I'd still argue this isn't total inclusion because there have yet to be a Black QB, be a total BUM at it and get paid like he was on par with Peyton effing Manning. I'm now rooting for a black quarterback to juice the **** out of a pair of franchises each like Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler have.

What was I sayin... oh, the league has GOT to start putting these guys at the 4 O'clock national spot. I get it but Brady has occupied that time slot for so long, there are now better performers than watching the Eagles and Cowboys get beat by him scoring a single touchdown like he was the past 2 weeks. Young kids today only know their QB's with mobility, hell even the white guys like Derrick Carr and Josh Allen can somewhat move, league's gotta catch up.

All that's to say is if Lamar Jackson can do in any capacity what he's done to the Rams to the 9'er defense, nobody is gonna stop that Raven team.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    As an aside I'd still argue this isn't total inclusion because there have yet to be a Black QB, be a total BUM at it and get paid like he was on par with Peyton effing Manning. I'm now rooting for a black quarterback to juice the **** out of a pair of franchises each like Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler have.
    JaMarcus the Hutt Russell got a $62 million contract back in 2007 which was huge back then.

This offseason some coach is going look at Jameis Crab Leg Winston and think they can fix the turnover problem and give him a much bigger contract than he deserves based on his play.

RGIII kind of did it the Redskins as they were so scared of having to pay him $16 million in 2016 they kept in on the bench in 2015. The contract was guaranteed in case of injury but otherwise they could cut him.

I see your black QB argument though and raise you the white RB argument. Has Christian McCaffrey done enough to convince coaches that white guys can play RB? The few white RB's that have floated through the league the last 20 years or so were either converted fullbacks and one year wonders (Peyton Hillis) or infrequently used (Rex Burkhead).
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 11-26-2019 at 10:12 AM.

I'm projecting playoff seedings:

NFC
    1. Saints 13-3
    2. Seahawks 12-4
    3. Packers 12-4
    4. Eagles 10-6
    5. 49ers 12-4
    6. Vikings 11-5
    7. Cowboys 9-7
    8. Rams 8-8
    9. Panthers 8-8
    10. Bears 7-9

AFC
    1. Ravens 14-2
    2. Patriots 13-3
    3. Chiefs 11-5
    4. Texans 11-5
    5. Colts 10-6
    6. Steelers 10-6
    7. Bills 9-7
    8. Browns 8-8
    9. Raiders 8-8
    10. Titans 7-9

The Seahawks and 49ers will both finish 12-4, but the Seahawks will beat the 49ers twice and win the division. The Eagles will win out. The Steelers******* game in December will decide a wild card.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 11-26-2019 at 10:38 AM.

I think the browns would be very lucky to go 8-8 and make the playoffs.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Newsflash: That sort of behavior isn't unique to Cincinnati. Fans of EVERY sport are that fickle EVERYWHERE.
    Disagree.

Chicago fans are pretty loyal.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I'm projecting playoff seedings:

NFC
    1. Saints 13-3
    2. Seahawks 12-4
    3. Packers 12-4
    4. Eagles 10-6
    5. 49ers 12-4
    6. Vikings 11-5
    7. Cowboys 9-7
    8. Rams 8-8
    9. Panthers 8-8
    10. Bears 7-9

The Seahawks and 49ers will both finish 12-4, but the Seahawks will beat the 49ers twice and win the division. The Eagles will win out. The Steelers******* game in December will decide a wild card.
    C'mon now. I mean without me looking at the remaining scheduled games outside of San Fran... C'mon.

I'm not sayin' I'm on the 49er train but at the same time, I'm not not on it. I'm picking the Ravens Sunday but outside of that the 9er's ain't losing anymore games, they will finish 14-2. Defense goes with you in the elements and that alone I like their chances better if they get Seattle/Green Bay in weather during the playoffs. They'll murder Drew Brees in the dome.

Eagles win out??? They just happen to be near the top of my Festivus list of grievances this year. Yes, I know deserve ain't got nothing to do with it but the Eagles don't deserve ****, they're done, the Hawks left points on the table Sunday and less said about the Pats game the better, Cowboys are winning the lEast.

1. 49er's (West)
    2. New Orleans (South)

3. Green Bay (North)
    4. Vikings? (North)
    5. Hawks (West) although the 4 and 5 may switch.
    6. Dallas (East)
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I'm just happy we have some Thankgiving games to be thankful for this year.

1. Chicago at Detroit - Defensive struggle, probably. I like those! Must win for Detroit, though, so I think they win.

2. Buffalo at Dallas - Big game for both teams but the Cowboys have way more at stake and its in Arlington. But Dallas this year doesn't tend to beat winning teams. They are all smoke and mirrors while Buffalo is for real. Close game, in all liklihood. Its a toss up but I pick Dallas at home (they are like cockroaches, they just never go away).

3. New Orleans at Atlanta - Rematch, this time at Atlanta's homefield. This game is very likely to go to OT, but I am picking New Orleans this time.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-26-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    C'mon now. I mean without me looking at the remaining scheduled games outside of San Fran... C'mon.

I'm not sayin' I'm on the 49er train but at the same time, I'm not not on it. I'm picking the Ravens Sunday but outside of that the 9er's ain't losing anymore games, they will finish 14-2. Defense goes with you in the elements and that alone I like their chances better if they get Seattle/Green Bay in weather during the playoffs. They'll murder Drew Brees in the dome.

Eagles win out??? They just happen to be near the top of my Festivus list of grievances this year. Yes, I know deserve ain't got nothing to do with it but the Eagles don't deserve ****, they're done, the Hawks left points on the table Sunday and less said about the Pats game the better, Cowboys are winning the lEast.

1. 49er's (West)
    2. New Orleans (South)

3. Green Bay (North)
    4. Vikings? (North)
    5. Hawks (West) although the 4 and 5 may switch.
    6. Dallas (East)
    Hell, I'm from Philly, and even I don't think the Eagles have a snowball's chance of making the postseason. If anything, I'd be shocked if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    JaMarcus the Hutt Russell got a $62 million contract back in 2007 which was huge back then.

This offseason some coach is going look at Jameis Crab Leg Winston and think they can fix the turnover problem and give him a much bigger contract than he deserves based on his play.

RGIII kind of did it the Redskins as they were so scared of having to pay him $16 million in 2016 they kept in on the bench in 2015. The contract was guaranteed in case of injury but otherwise they could cut him.

I see your black QB argument though and raise you the white RB argument. Has Christian McCaffrey done enough to convince coaches that white guys can play RB? The few white RB's that have floated through the league the last 20 years or so were either converted fullbacks and one year wonders (Peyton Hillis) or infrequently used (Rex Burkhead).
    Reminder: that was back when #1 draft picks always came with the potential to destroy your franchise for years because of the price tag. I think Russell may have actually been the straw that broke the camels back and forced the NFL to put in a rookie pay scale.

And for the bolded point, New England doesn't use a feature back unless they are insanely good. Bill would probably put Jim Brown in a rotation until he saw him blow everyone away during an actual game.
    Dark does not mean deep.