Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Thor/Bill/Hercules vs Dante/Vergil/Nero

Comic God's vs Gaming Devil's. The DMC crew are all Devil Trigger mode with no time limit, and feats from all games are accepted.

Beta Ray Bill vs Dante

Thor(Unworthy) vs Vergil

Hercules vs Nero

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm really struggling to see how this is a fight.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah... Bill eats hit that destroy planets and keeps on rolling.

Dante isn't scratching him significantly.

I know Bill is stronger, but Dante has some crazy cutting feats to go along with superior speed/movement in close quarters fighting imo which should even out the gaps bewteen both fighters.

Bill could shrug off straight punches, but is he immune to cuts as well? Cause in DMC 5 Dantd cut through a demonic tree trunk that was miles across while in base mode without any special move/attack, just a run up and slice. Plus him and Vergil fought for days in a row without stopping, so stamina wise he could overwhelm Bills durability after days of relentless hammering and cutting as Danteheals himself and Bill can't(I think?).

Dante could/would regen from AOE attacks, and can Quicksilver away from any serious attack Bill tries up close. Without any transmutation or D-Dumps Bills range game would lack the power to KO a Devil Triggered Dante imo. I admit I haven't seen alot of Bills high end fights outside his Herald fight, but from following him in the latest Gaurdians of the Galaxy/Rebith of Thanks series I don't see him being outside of Dante's capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I know Bill is stronger, but Dante has some crazy cutting feats to go along with superior speed/movement in close quarters fighting imo which should even out the gaps bewteen both fighters.

Bill could shrug off straight punches, but is he immune to cuts as well? .
    We don't actually assume compartmentalized durability is a thing unless we are given reason to believe that is the case. Off the top of my head, Bill has been dogpiled by demons trying to cut him with teeth and claws and been unharmed, clearing them all out with an AoE lightning blast.

Cause in DMC 5 Dantd cut through a demonic tree trunk that was miles across while in base mode without any special move/attack, just a run up and slice.
    Got a clip of this? I played through this one not that long ago and don't remember this at all. The only tree trunk that you could make a case for being that big was the big one in the ending, and we don't actually see how Dante and Vergil destroy it onscreen. It could have been through destroying multiple nodes, as you do throughout the game to remove tree bits you can't just hack through.

Even if this was the case, that still feels like small potatoes compared to Bill napping in a sun or being at the center of a planet when it explodes.

Plus him and Vergil fought for days in a row without stopping, so stamina wise he could overwhelm Bills durability after days of relentless hammering and cutting as Danteheals himself and Bill can't(I think?).
    This literally didn't happen on screen. We don't get any frame of reference, just a brief snap shot of them fighting... And in that snap shot, they are indeed stopping to rest, visibly tuckered out. Actually, DMC5 is full of times where Dante gets tuckered out without needing days of combat. He's also dropped in DMC3 at a few points as well.

Dante could/would regen from AOE attacks,
    I'm rather skeptical of Dante being able to come back from being atomized with enough energy to overwhelm a herald of Galactus or crack a planetoid in half.

and can Quicksilver away from any serious attack Bill tries up close.
    Bill can also shut off gravity or otherwise trap him in a magnetic vortex, which makes running away seem impossible no matter how fast he is.

Without any transmutation or D-Dumps Bills range game would lack the power to KO a Devil Triggered Dante imo.
    Wait, what? You didn't disable BFR in the OP and that's a power he has used before. I don't specifically recall seeing him transmute but he should be able to do that too given Stormbreaker has the same powers Mjolnir has.

Class 100 bricks are cut and bleed alot in comics from punches and Swords so I was going off of Dantes fully awakened Sparda power boost(making him stronger than any other game form to date) plus his speed and cutting ability would make even a solid brick bleed. And AOE lightning can be regened from or tanked considering his power boost.

Dante and Vergil fighting for days isn't contradicted by anything as that is what they always have done sine childhood(and explained in game) and as they were stuck in a place without anything to distract them or any place to go. And Dante was weakened since the first fght of the game and eventually got his full power back and then a final power boost from regaining his true devil powers so no stamina problems after that.
    E: And the tree feat had him leaving to cut it down, and Vergil follows him, then it's done and they are trapped there.

I didn't know if Bill had transmutation, esoterics, or D Dumping power which I acknowledge could win it for him, but again from what I have seen of Bill in comics (semi recently)he didn't have any of that(he was using Lockjaw for simple teleportation).
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 09-03-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Alright, so this seems like you're not getting the scale Bill works on here.

If, at the bell, Bill lets off a planet-destroying wave of energy - Dante has no feats to suggest that he could survive or otherwise mitigate that.

With weapons as versatile at Mjolnir/Stormbreaker, I actually tend to prefer separating the feats of their wielders.

Much like, say, the... Power Stone or a GL ring. Just because a thing CAN do something doesnt mean the wielder necessarily knows HOW to do that thing.

That said, Bill is still way too powerful here.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Class 100 bricks are cut and bleed alot in comics from punches and Swords so I was going off of Dantes fully awakened Sparda power boost(making him stronger than any other game form to date) .
    Just because a magic sword has cut a class 100 brick does not mean all magic swords cut all class 100 bricks. Especially when some of the chief examples of this include things like Wonder Woman, another class 100, using a magic sword that can cut electrons off an atom to cut a guy with a weakness to magic.

Dante and Vergil fighting for days isn't contradicted by anything as that is what they always have done sine childhood(and explained in game) and as they were stuck in a place without anything to distract them or any place to go.
    It is contradicted literally by the scene you are referring too-- assuming you are talking about the final secret ending scene. We see them fight for a full 20 seconds on screen (counting slo-mo time, so actually less than that) and then Vergil collapses. Followed a few seconds later by an audibly tired Dante lying down.

Yes, the implication is that they've basically just been sparring to pass the time. But there's no indication that they are fighting for extended periods without taking breaks to rest like we see them doing in the scene itself.

And Dante was weakened since the first fght of the game and eventually got his full power back and then a final power boost from regaining his true devil powers so no stamina problems after that.
    Also not true. It isn't true in the final scene, and it isn't true in scenes prior to it as well. He gets tired out fighting Vergil's devil half (at the 7:45 mark). It happens again at about the 16 minute mark of that same clip when fighting Vergil. Vergil also seems worse for wear there. When Nero intervenes a minute or two later Dante is barely on his feet, and Nero lays him out with a single punch and Dante opts ot have a nice low down because he's so beaten to hell while Vergil and Nero fight. And then Vergil is barely on his feet after that where Nero is fine.

The two do eventually get up and go jump back into the fray, but limitless stamina they clearly don't have based on all of the grunting, panting, wheezing, and generally struggling to stay on their feet. In fact, running out of stamina from prolonged fighting has pretty much always been the one weakness the brothers have had at all points in their existence. DMC5 just had an awful lot of it-- down to Dante essentially spending a full month in a coma after an especially taxing fight. This idea that they have unlimited stamina seems to be something you made up entirely.

E: And the tree feat had him leaving to cut it down, and Vergil follows him, then it's done and they are trapped there.
    And yet we never actually see them cut it down, so your claim that they didn't use any special attack or something to cut it down is baffling. Heck, I dunno why you'd even assume Dante cut it down in the first place, given that opening and sealing dimensional rifts is cleanly in Yamato's wheelhouse.

I didn't know if Bill had transmutation, esoterics, or D Dumping power which I acknowledge could win it for him, but again from what I have seen of Bill in comics (semi recently)he didn't have any of that(he was using Lockjaw for simple teleportation)
    Well, it is a thing he has done before. The fact that he doesn't always just sounds like PIS or the writer's forgetting.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 09-03-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    With weapons as versatile at Mjolnir/Stormbreaker, I actually tend to prefer separating the feats of their wielders.

Much like, say, the... Power Stone or a GL ring. Just because a thing CAN do something doesnt mean the wielder necessarily knows HOW to do that thing.

That said, Bill is still way too powerful here.
    See above. It's specifically a thing he's learned how to do. The magnetic vortex and turning off gravity are also things he's done himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    See above. It's specifically a thing he's learned how to do. The magnetic vortex and turning off gravity are also things he's done himself.
    I was contending the transmutation claim specifically and your grander point of "Mjolnir did it so why not" at the end of your earlier post. Maybe he has transmuted something. But without seeing it, im personally not comfortable hand waving it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I mean DMC5 is basically just Dante going "I'm too old for this shit" and needing to have a nice lie down. I'm really confused how someone could play it and walk away with an idea that's the complete opposite of that.

I'm a lot more distressed about that then the flagrant disregard for respective raw power for some reason.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 09-03-2019 at 05:05 PM.

If after fighting an opponent nearly as strong as yourself for days on end(Dante literally says he lost track of time since they have been their so long, and they are keeping score of their numerous fights) and you merely huff and puff, banter for some seconds, then get right back to it is defined as not having stamina then we will agree to disagree. Especially as their is no food or water available to them in their hellscape, or even a chair to sit so at best their breaks were just like the scene above. Full on battles followed by seconds of rest while keeping an eye on your opponent, then fighting again.

And for the tree in the scene you posted Dante and Vergil thought either one of them could cut the tree by themselves, but Dante thought it would be risky because of the Demons/Defenses that would gang up on them solo. And niether impleid that Devil Triggers were necessary to do it. And in the ending of the above video shown you see the Tree destroyed real time from Nero's point of view.

If Bill can dish out planet sundering energy like nothing then yes, Dante is toast. But like I said from what I have seen from Bill while limited to mostly recent(5 years or so) did not show anything of the sort. He was just strong and a good fighter, and didn't seem to use exotic energy manipulation and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean DMC5 is basically just Dante going "I'm too old for this shit" and needing to have a nice lie down. I'm really confused how someone could play it and walk away with an idea that's the complete opposite of that.

I'm a lot more distressed about that then the flagrant disregard for respective raw power for some reason.
    He literally got the biggest power boost he ever had in games in this last one, without question. It was explained with the whole Sparda Sword true forms and everything.

And he was bored with everything and wanted to make sure Nero was raised well at the beginning of the game. He was not trying to quit or wanting to retire at all.

If after fighting an opponent nearly as strong as yourself for days on end(Dante literally says he lost track of time since they have been their so long, and they are keeping score of their numerous fights) .
    A line which is referencing that they have been fighting since they were children. There still isn't anything demonstrating the lengths of time they were fighting or how long their breaks were or whatever.

And for the tree in the scene you posted Dante and Vergil thought either one of them could cut the tree by themselves, but Dante thought it would be risky because of the Demons/Defenses that would gang up on them solo.
    Actually, what is said is that Vergil can do it by himself, but Dante says he needs help. And Vergil was planning to seal the rift with Yamato after they sever the roots. Again, that being a thing Yamato does.
    and you merely huff and puff, banter for some seconds, then get right back to it is defined as not having stamina then we will agree to disagree. Especially as their is no food or water available to them in their hellscape, or even a chair to sit so at best their breaks were just like the scene above. Full on battles followed by seconds of rest while keeping an eye on your opponent, then fighting again.
    I mean not needing food and water is great and all, but not really relevant here. Especially not when fighting gods and cyborgs and cyborg gods.

This also still contradicts your previous posts. You said they fought for days on end without stopping. They stopped, full stop. We don't even know how long they stopped for-- one could have taken a nap while the other kept watch or whatever. We see a very brief snapshot.

Like, I'm not saying Dante doesn't have superhuman stamina and the ability to quickly recover. But the dude has limits and implying otherwise is bananas.

And niether impleid that Devil Triggers were necessary to do it. And in the ending of the above video shown you see the Tree destroyed real time from Nero's point of view.
    Again, there's nothing implying they destroyed the tree using any particular way. The way those trees were normally destroyed didn't over the course of the game didn't involve cutting them down at all, but destroying the nodes powering their roots. This seems like a far more likely scenario than anything you've suggested.

Maybe they did it by chopping it down in one swing. Maybe they used devil trigger. Maybe they just farted at it. Regardless, we don't use things we don't actually see as feats on rumbles, nor do we insert our own version of canon.

If Bill can dish out planet sundering energy like nothing then yes, Dante is toast. But like I said from what I have seen from Bill while limited to mostly recent(5 years or so) did not show anything of the sort. He was just strong and a good fighter, and didn't seem to use exotic energy manipulation and what not.
    PIS is a a helluva drug, I dunno what to tell ya.

He literally got the biggest power boost he ever had in games in this last one, without question. It was explained with the whole Sparda Sword true forms and everything.

And he was bored with everything and wanted to make sure Nero was raised well at the beginning of the game. He was not trying to quit or wanting to retire at all.
    Nobody said he wasn't powered up. (Though unfortunately we don't see any hard feats for him to measure how much he powered up.) His power up still doesn't put him into Bill's league, nor did it suddenly make him immune to tiring out as you are claiming.